Old 16-01-2006, 11:05 AM   #1   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Ginban Kaleidoscope

Um.. it's about figure skating.. and about some dude's ghost/spirit that gets rejected from heaven and ends up inside of the MC... umm.. yep.

An unbelievable premise in a plot that a guy like me would NEVER consider watching has hooked me. Why?

It's funny. It's incredibly FUN-NAY. It doesn't hurt that one of my fave VA's is in it (Kawasumi Ayako as the MC, Sakurano Tazusa). After watching 7 episodes, I still could care less about all the figure skating drama. I just enjoy watching it for the laughs.

Thankfully, it's a short series (12 eps I believe), so all the drama and angst of "sports anime" will be short and quick. This allows me to enjoy the comedy more often, and I do so love it.

Anyone happen to get past the whole figure skating nonsense and actually try this one out? Am I just out of it from not having watched anime for a few months? Cuz I laugh out loud alot watching this one.

Alot.

I woke up my roommate a few times already from the incessant laughter.
Old 16-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #2   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Interesting story. I should check it out one day.
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2006, 07:48 AM   #3   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I dunno.The whole premise of a ghost invading a girl's privacy got old after the second epsiode.After that I found no reason to keep watching it.Well that's just my opinion
Old 19-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Noted.

Maybe it really is because I hadn't watched anime in a while, especially since I was following 9723047903 series' then suddenly nothing, just like that. Couple that with my horrible memory and well... you get the picture.

Kawasumi Ayako voicing in it could also be a factor.

Still, to make me laugh uncontrollably loud enough to have my roommate tell me to shut up tells me I can't stop watching, hehe.
Old 24-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #5   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Done!

Overall, it was a fun watch.

It had nothing original except using Olympic Ice Skating as a theme but I enjoyed it. It didn't overdramatize the stories nor did it stretch out the comedy too far either. The characters were likeable and the animation was rather solid for "below the radar" anime.

If it had more focus on just one of the stories, it could've turned out better. Instead, it tried to balance everything and that caused all the stories to become thin and caused an overall lack of depth. The ending was satisfactory so that was a plus.

I won't recommend it, but if you're looking for something real laid back to watch in between what you're currently following, then I'd say check this out.