Old 21-01-2006, 03:47 AM   #1   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Live Action Kite?

Yep, you've heard right, there's going to be a live-action Kite movie:

According to Dark Horizons, producers Rob Cohen and Anant Singh have selected Mexican directors Jorge and Javier Aguilera to helm the American live action adaptation of Yasuomi Umetsu's anime OVA A Kite. Dark Horizons also states that the American version of the film, unlike the original anime, will be set in a future police state. None of Jorge and Javier Aguilera's few movies seem to have significant American distribution.

Source: Animeondvd

I wonder whom the actors and actresses will be? Will this movie go into the Mezzo Forte storyline? Will it include sex like the hentai version of Kite?
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #2   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I heard rumors of this a while back, and it seems they've finally become true.

Btw, Mezzo Forte is a different movie all together.

I'm actually looking forward to this, more based on pure curiosity. Kite contains a great, solid story and some sweet action. Given the special effects today, this could turn out nice, but that presumes a hefty budget. I don't see a movie like this getting a large budget. That would be my biggest fear. Low budget means the movie will turn out horrible. Kite isn't an arsty flick so it would need a decent budget to turn out well.

There won't be any hardcore scenes, especially if they want to have any chance at making the big bucks. Implications and such of sex, sure, but nothing more flashes of suggested sex and innuendoes, I'd say.

Anyway, the only H scene that would be necessary is the rape scene during the flashback of Sawa's origin. Even then, it doesn't have to be hardcore, I just feel that event is necessary for the emotional impact of how Saya became who she is at present, and how much of a punk that detective was from the start. Of course, Sawa would have to be much older since she was 14, I believe, during that scene and we can't have that in the States now, can we? Hmm.. and maybe a watered down version of the scene where the male assasin, I forget his name, is forced to watch Sawa have sex. But, I think that scene can be changed easily and have the same impact.

Well, that's just my thoughts. Kite is still one of my favorite animes so a live version does excite me, but it also equally worries me. Do I have to mention The Guyver... ugh.
Old 22-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #3   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
What about the Gore Factor? Exploding Bullets wouldn't look good in Real Life.
Old 22-01-2006, 03:16 AM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

True. I suppose normal explosive rounds or even just typical graphic bullet shot effects would still work. It'd lose some effect, but I don't think it's required. Though, how the movie ended, where Sawa fills the detective full of exploding bullets was a really cool scene, I could live without it.

Heh, I'm imagining how it would look in real life, and as gory as it is, I can visualize it being done well. Again, this relies on a high budget for the movie.
Old 24-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #5   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
As long as they stick to the storyline I'm sure it could work really well. The action is all layed out in the anime for them to follow. I don't think the gore factor will be an issue. Most people are so desensitised to it now, nothing really shocks anymore.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote