Old 12-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #1   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Ergo Proxy

Just saw the first episode of this anime and I have to say the animations is amazing for a serial. The story is from what I can tell of the first episode is that it is something like I-robot, but further ahead in the future.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #2   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Oh? It's out already? I thought it wasn't out until the end of the month. It's done by alot of the same people as Samurai Champloo so I'm sure the animation will be top notch. I *think* it was the same director as Witch Hunter Robin. It's been a while since I looked into it so my memory is fuzzy.

Well, better stop wasting time typing here now!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #3   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just finished the first episode....I really had a hard time figuring out what the hell was going on! It seems like it was all over the place. I think this anime is a result of when you combine the Matrix and Aeon Flux together....But I don't want to judge it too harshly till I see more episodes.

I was however definately feeling the dark and gothic style of the anime. I thought it looked very good. I also like Lir too. There really isn't too much I can say about this anime because I only understand a little bit of it.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Ah, I see. This was a pre-showing, that's why it was out sooner then I expected.

Yep. Agreed. I couldn't have been more lost, but it seems series' like this always like to throw a bunch of ---- at you at once and ever-so-slowly unravel what all of it meant.

On the plus side, I do so love the gothic look. It's just hawt. It must be a fetish.
Old 13-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #5   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Hmm I'm pretty sure it said first episode: "awakening"
Don't know of any pre-showing.
Old 13-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #6   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I might've used the wrong word. What I meant was that it was the first episode, but shown a few weeks earlier as a preview for the series which officially airs on the 25th (or so).
Old 27-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #7   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Send a message via AIM to Zachalmighty Send a message via MSN to Zachalmighty
ok then im gonna wait for this series with anticipation.
Awake me not: Hush, whisper low

Last edited by Zachalmighty; 02-03-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 2. Surprisingly, this episode made a little more sense, just a little. Most of this episode was spent on trying to disprove the existence of Proxy by everyone trying to make Lil seem like a delusional nutcase. Of course, they (people behind Proxy and her grandfather) succeed in the process thus leaving Lil out on a limb trying to prove that what she saw was real. I guess the real question now is who or what Proxy is exactly supposed to be? All I know right now is that he's one ugly son of a....Also, why are there two Proxy's?

The animation for this episode wasn't too bad, actually it's just the way I like it. The violence was plentiful, especially when Proxy was chasing Vincent through the mall. No one was spared, even the baby in the stroller. The atmosphere has gotten me hooked, especially since it reminds me of Witch Hunter Robin, which was also a good gothic/dark anime. I'm going to follow this one as see where it goes.

Last edited by ACE2001; 15-03-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 15-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #9   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

JUST finished episode 3. Hmm....I think was most interesting to me this episode was on how Vincent was perceived. I remember when I first saw him and how he acted, I thought he was somewhat of a wimpy, dorky type guy. Towards the end though, when he opens his eyes, his true persona comes out. It seems like all that nice guy stuff was a farce. He was just doing it to be an ideal citizen. I assumed that Lil Mayer would be the main character of the anime, but it seems like Vincent is the main character. Everything from his mysterious past to his relationship with Proxy (which made me wonder, how was he able to get away from Proxy in episode 2.) It seems like this story may be built around his past and what made him want to be an ideal citizen. In any case, I'm still a little confused with what's going on, but things are starting clear up a little.
Old 17-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #10   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

All caught up.

The story has been ok so far but I do like them gritty animes so it keeps me watching. If it doesn't start answering some questions soon, before throwing out new one's, I'm gonna lose interest.

Aside from that, Lir is hot so yeah.... I'll watch a bit more... hehe.

I was waiting the whole time during episode 3 to find out how Vincent evaded that Proxy but nooooo, they didn't explain it at all. Bastids.... and wth is Pino? Her cuteness is out of place in this anime (but dangit, she is cute though).... but besides being cute, wth is she suppose to be?

Argh, too many questions with zero answers. Plus, the first episode lied to me. I was expecting more Lir ass kickage but there hasn't been any since that first one. Booooo, that was the best part of episode one!
Old 17-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #11   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Originally Posted by ACE2001
JUST finished episode 3. Hmm....I think was most interesting to me this episode was on how Vincent was perceived. I remember when I first saw him and how he acted, I thought he was somewhat of a wimpy, dorky type guy. Towards the end though, when he opens his eyes, his true persona comes out. It seems like all that nice guy stuff was a farce. He was just doing it to be an ideal citizen. I assumed that Lil Mayer would be the main character of the anime, but it seems like Vincent is the main character. Everything from his mysterious past to his relationship with Proxy (which made me wonder, how was he able to get away from Proxy in episode 2.) It seems like this story may be built around his past and what made him want to be an ideal citizen. In any case, I'm still a little confused with what's going on, but things are starting clear up a little.
From the looks of it Vincent might be the original proxy and proxy 1 is a man made experiment. Vincent might not even know that he is proxy cause he lost his memories of ever being in Lil home, when he stopped proxy from killing Lil and lost his pendant in the process. Vincent being the original proxy might be the reason why the police as well as the council wants to capture him alive. As in episode 2 the chase was at inhuman speed as well as Vincent reactions speed was out of this world in comparrisson to the normal civilians that are killed by proxy, they didn't even notice they were dead till proxy was already passed them, yet Vincent came out unscathed. The only reason why proxy was chasing Vincent was because he viewed Vincent as a threat and probably nothing could be a threat to a proxy then another proxy.

As for Pino, its a android, pet type, with build in emotions engine as well as expression features, so probably the latest in androids development, but she seems to have been infected by some kind of virus, the ones Vincent was assigned to eliminate. Though there is probably more to the virus, cause the robots that are infected starts to become conciouse(aware) and follows the same root out of the city, which might indicates someones intentions(good or bad has yet to be revealed) with them(probably an idealistic person/android who wants to liberate robots).
Old 18-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #12   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Interesting.....the thought of Vincent being a Proxy never crossed my mind. He was able to efortlessly evade all of of Proxy's attacks. At first I thought it was just dumb luck, but if he's indeed a Proxy, that would explain why he was able to escape from Proxy unscathed.
Old 21-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #13   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

What day of the week does this air in Japan?
Old 22-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #14   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
Old 22-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #15   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

so are we u to episode 5 yet? also is this (i dread the word) licensed. *shivers*