Old 01-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #31   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Yeah, there's no question that this anime is trying very hard to be mysterious, which it's doing a good job so far. My only real fear is that it becomes too mysterious. Hopefully, the mystery of the story doesn't backfire because this has the potential to be a really good anime from the episodes we've seen so far.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #32   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Send a message via AIM to Zachalmighty Send a message via MSN to Zachalmighty
i heard somewhere that the virus the autolaves are getting, Cogito is based off of something philosophical. It is related to the ability of things to become self-aware. Also that all of the main characters are named after famous philosophers. So the autolaves are becoming "aware" of their existance by some higher programming and for some reason the Eidolons and that girls grandfather a trying to stop them.

Also by seeing this you might surmise that becoming aware may turn you into a proxy.
Awake me not: Hush, whisper low
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #33   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Ep 5

Even less Lir screentime and more questions w/o answers... hrm.

And that ending was jacked. What is it with this series and smokin' children...
Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #34   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

questions begin a series, slow answers climax them, and solutions end them....
Old 05-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #35   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Man, I swear, this series is moving as slow as a turtle. I just watched episode 5 and things are now starting to make even less sense to me....I wonder whom or what Proxy is supposed to represent? Another thing that's been killing me is how in hell does Vincent see with his eyes closed!? Everytime I see the guy, he has his eyes closed. He only opens them when something big or crazy is about to happen.

Anyways, being that the series may be around 24 to 26, it's definately not rushing the story along. Like I mentioned before, I hope this doesn't become too much of a mystery.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #36   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

i think his eyes represent the level of his awareness at the moment. Notice he opens his eyes everytime he starts to think or doubt something and him with his eyes open looks very menacing....

Also i tihnk Proxy represents that when someone is aware they are very dangerous but when they are kept in the dark and do not know any better they start to lose their threat.

Last edited by Zachalmighty; 05-04-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 20-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #37   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

*TOPIC COMMITS HARRY-CARRY* (spelt wrong)
Old 23-04-2006, 12:22 PM   #38   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 6. I really want to enjoy this series, but it's hard as I'm not sure what's going on. And Lir's obession with Vincent is a little creepy. Can't say that I don't like the anime, I'm just having hard time following what is going on.
Old 23-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #39   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Watched episode 6. I really want to enjoy this series, but it's hard as I'm not sure what's going on. And Lir's obession with Vincent is a little creepy. Can't say that I don't like the anime, I'm just having hard time following what is going on.
I think that Lir is just trying to find the truth. She's more obsessed with the truth of Romdeau then i think Vincent.
Old 23-04-2006, 11:48 PM   #40   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well lately, she's being calling Vincent's name alot. Also, he's the reason that she came down there in the first place. I imagine her obession is going to get worse as she is separated from him again. She doesn't care too much about Romedau, but more or less what or whom exactly is Vincent Law. After all, he's the main character of the anime....I think.
Old 24-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #41   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Well lately, she's being calling Vincent's name alot. Also, he's the reason that she came down there in the first place. I imagine her obession is going to get worse as she is separated from him again. She doesn't care too much about Romedau, but more or less what or whom exactly is Vincent Law. After all, he's the main character of the anime....I think.
number one i think that if Lir is obsessed with Vincent its because he rubbed her lips all sexy like mmmmhmmm yummy. Number two i tihnk shes just propelled by all things mysterious being her attraction to Vincent since he really has no mentioned past but mantains such cool ability.
Old 30-04-2006, 08:12 AM   #42   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 7 just now.....the animation quality really dropped off this episode. It's the worst of the episodes show so far. As for the story itself.....
Just when things seem to make sense, more mysteries are thrown out there. A little bit was revealed here as it seems that every thing started from Moscow, which is the place that Vincent was born. Also that Proxy is a "God" that is responsible for the well-being of the citizens of Romedeau. It left me wondering since there are two Proxy is or was Vincent responsible for watching the people down below? Just what exactly happen for the place to be in such a horrible condition. It's almost like hell on earth down there, completely surrounded by darkness.

Another thing I found interesting was towards the end of the episode was when Lil Mayer was "killed". I was observing her Code Name: RE-L or as the computer screen read: REAL?! Just what in the world does that mean? Is she dead? Is their another Lil Mayer running around? Is she the Proxy herself.....Man I'm lost, but I must admit that the mystery is definately keeping me watching this as I want to know what the hell is going on and what the Truth is.
Old 30-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #43   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Another thing I found interesting was towards the end of the episode was when Lil Mayer was "killed". I was observing her Code Name: RE-L or as the computer screen read: REAL?! Just what in the world does that mean? Is she dead? Is their another Lil Mayer running around? Is she the Proxy herself.....Man I'm lost, but I must admit that the mystery is definately keeping me watching this as I want to know what the hell is going on and what the Truth is.
If you remember from the beginning of the episode they said they had injected her with the cells from the proxy they had had. They also mentioned that these cells where indestructible. Lets just say that i think its unlikely she is dead. I think the words REAL where there for a psychological impact on the viewer. Some of the images and such are meant to scare or get the viewer to think.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:04 PM   #44   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I just finished episode 8....Holy Sh!T! Stuff really hit the fan here. It looks like this anime is sinking deeper and deeper into the darkness. Well, this episode did confirm one thing though: Vincent Law is a Proxy. So it leaves me wondering whom is the other one? Also, how did Vincent know Lil's code name? He said it when he was in the jail cell.

The more I watch this anime, the more confused I become as it just keeps hiding this from the viewer. This is an anime that is completely shrouded in mystery and darkness....I can honestly say I'm not sure what direction this anime is heading. It seems like things will get alot worse from here on out.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #45   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

I just finished episode 8....Holy Sh!T! Stuff really hit the fan here. It looks like this anime is sinking deeper and deeper into the darkness. Well, this episode did confirm one thing though: Vincent Law is a Proxy. So it leaves me wondering whom is the other one? Also, how did Vincent know Lil's code name? He said it when he was in the jail cell.

The more I watch this anime, the more confused I become as it just keeps hiding this from the viewer. This is an anime that is completely shrouded in mystery and darkness....I can honestly say I'm not sure what direction this anime is heading. It seems like things will get alot worse from here on out.
omg episode nine. Im not going to say anything except OMFG you must watch it. Realization. Hatred. Awakening!