Old 11-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #16   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Watched episode 22....it's frustrating to watch Shana trying to figure out her feelings, but at the same time it's not her fault at all since she wasn't teached or told about love....Wilhelimina was as unsympathetic as ever. I don't think she even knows what love is either which she is having a hard time understand how Shana feels although Shana doesn't completely understand herself.

With that aside, things in the city are definately looking bleak as everything is surrounded by darkness and the Ballse Masque have complete control of the Reji Magio. Things aren't really in the good guys favor. Next episode it looks as things will come ahead as Shana and Wilhelimina finally invade th Ballse Masque territory.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #17   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

That was........ a great episode.

It was dialogue heavy and for a series like this, that's definitely saying alot. Yet, it will probably go down as my fave ep. There was so much vague subtext riddled in this episode that I was overcome with giddyness.

I am no longer annoyed by Shana's indecisive attitude. My outburst earlier was due to general annoyances of that type of situation... uhh... in general. Shana is beyond naive. I originally mistook it for indecisiveness or hesitation but it's truly something completely new to her. It's the difference between knowing about love (from movies, friends, etc..) then one day falling in love opposed to knowing nothing about love in any form then one day falling in love.

Anyhow, with that aside, this episode revealed a TON about all the characters. I love episodes like that.

Last edited by oppa; 12-03-2006 at 01:43 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #18   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Episode 23 was satisfying. Watching Shana finally admit that she loves Yuji was all the worth-wile. This episode was pretty much an all-out brawl between the Flame Haze (Willhelmina, Shana, and Ane) and the Balle Masque. Now the final showdown will take place between Shana and Hecate.....
Old 19-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #19   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Meh... even if I don't compare this ep to the last one, it was boring. All the action and suspense and yadayada in this ep was just to gather everyone together and setup the individual battles. This final story arc has had enough setup episodes and having yet another was tedious.

At least, it was boring me until the last few minutes... it only took Shana 2349328 episodes to finally realize how she felt and it only took Yuji 230298340 episodes to finally stop saying "why?" and realize what he's been doing.... oh, my bad. I meant to praise the final moments....

---- is finally (HOPEFULLY!) starting up in this finale. I don't think there are any more loose ends that need to be tied up so everything from this point on should (HOPEFULLY!) be non-stop craziness.
Old 24-03-2006, 12:16 AM   #20   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Wow....

Shakugan no Shana Movie Announced
The official Japanese Shakugan no Shana homepage has announced plans for a Shakugan no Shana theatrical motion picture.

Source: Animenation

I'm just wondering what the heck the movie will consist of... Well, the last episode is approaching so maybe we'll get some answers on how the movie will be done.
Old 25-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #21   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just watched the last episode and this I can say for sure....I'm glad that a movie is being made or otherwise this "ending" would've sucked. Basically, by the end of this episode, nothing is really settled. The only thing this episode was good for was watching Shana and Yuji prevent the existence from the city being sucked dry. The Balle Masque is still running around conjuring up god knows what. Basically everything went back to normal and now we're up for round 2. Well, like I said before, I'm glad that this isn't the "final episode" as there was no sense of closure on anything. I'm wondering if the movie will make it this year or the next year? Hopefully the movie will wrap up things properly.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:57 AM   #22   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Hehe... I didn't realize (or forgot) that this series only had 24 eps. After episode 23, I thought there were three more episodes left so my exclamation of another set-up episode was unfounded.

Basically, I was an idiot.

Thankfully, I made the realization before watching this episode or else I would've started thinkin' up all kinds of crazy things.

Anyhow, the action was light but this last episode ended well. Maybe I'm seeing it from a different perspective but there's plenty of closure here. It's one of those "this could be the end but it could also have more" endings. There was enough to be satisfactory but of course, hardly closed out to where you can't have more. It's the only kind of acceptable ending for an anime that ends before the manga.... in my opinion of course.

I doubt the movie will have closure. From my experience, movies from anime based on manga rarely use story from the manga. I'd guess the movie will just be "another episode" of Shana and co. Just a guess though.

Oh yea, and knowing there was a movie kinda put a damper on the whole "Shana will die if she calls on the Flame of Heaven" scene.

Last edited by oppa; 01-04-2006 at 11:59 AM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #23   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I just finished watching the first season and the ova just before, really enjoyed this series and I'm looking forward to the second series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote