Old 21-07-2006, 09:05 AM   #31   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Unlikely Fan
I'm not trying to make anyone mad here, but I've seen a few Episodes of E7, and I must say that it's horrible. I know...I know... I shouldn't pass judgement before I've seen the whole series, but there is nothing there with which to interest you. That main character guy is about the ugliest drawn face that I've ever seen (not to mention his voice).

I just think the whole idea of airboarding robots is kinda dumb; it's like the developers sat down and said: "how can we make this cliched show look LESS like Evangelion" ::silence:: "we could give them airboards!" "BRILLIANT!"

I know I'm coming off a bit harsh here. I tend to like darker animes like Evangelion and GitS, so I'll just go play on my side of the playground now.
Wow I just posted on animenation's asking how long until there is a Eureka Seven rips off Evangelion site.... with people like you it shouldn't be too long!

http://animenation.net/forums/showth...7&page=1&pp=15

lawl at the "pic" of asuka in that thread.

btw hope anemone doesn't die only seen upto 32 atm.

Last edited by Westlo; 21-07-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 01:49 AM   #32   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by Westlo
Wow I just posted on animenation's asking how long until there is a Eureka Seven rips off Evangelion site.... with people like you it shouldn't be too long!

http://animenation.net/forums/showth...7&page=1&pp=15

lawl at the "pic" of asuka in that thread.

btw hope anemone doesn't die only seen upto 32 atm.
wasn't that a picture of a character from an earlier anime? anyway, that's the main point to consider. eva isn't the most original thing in the world either, as much as it pains many new anime fanboys to hear. it was heavily influenced by earlier titles, just like everything else. but if the story is entertaining, who cares?
Old 24-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #33   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Oh no doubt originality isn't really much of a factor when it comes to how good/bad an anime can be. People who think they're watching an original anime just haven't seen the show/book/comic it lifted it's ideas from.

The following quote pretty much sums up my feelings on something's originality

No idea's original, there's nothin new under the sun
It's never what you do, but how it's done

While Evangelion lifted alot from Space Runaway Ideon I feel it's clearly the superior show, same deal with RahXephon and Evangelion.

Originality can only take you to far if you can't execute the idea properly and even if something is original it's no guarentee of it being good.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #34   [permalink]
Snyper64

Originally Posted by ParticleEffect
spoiler tags?
i felt that way too. the ending wasn't really "bad"... it was just like, it ended one episode too short. all this crazy ---- goes down and then, poof, the end. it was kind of positive and happy and all, at least i think? but i guess they couldn't figure out a better way to wrap it up, so they left it sort of openish. i mean, did they die? are they going to come back? who is the "half" that are dieing and going into the correlian? or do i have that wrong? what's going to happen now?! poof, the end.
/spoiler?
Its because they are going to come out with another series or a movie. Originally there were going to be 51 episodes to the series but they cut it short for some reason, though I have heard that they made an episode 51(they did make a 14th DVD that may contain it HERE but even upon google translating it I still don't understand it HERE. Also don't click on those links unless you have seen the whole show because they contain SPOILERS) but never aired it which leads me to believe that there will be another season of this show or as said above atleast a movie. Overall I think this is the greatest anime I have ever seen and has made its way to my number one spot of best anime.

Last edited by Snyper64; 02-08-2006 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Fixed links
Snyper64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #35   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

and what's the "seven" in the title about?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #36   [permalink]
Snyper64

I have no clue?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #37   [permalink]
umoa

Send a message via AIM to umoa
o crap thats awesome snyper!
umoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #38   [permalink]
Snyper64

What? The episode 51 thing or the fact that they might make a series or movie to finish this off? I have heard that depending on the sales and the reactions of the watchers will decide whether or not they will release another season or a movie.

Last edited by Snyper64; 07-08-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #39   [permalink]
MewAngel

I like this anime... But it's so confusing... Why doesn't Eureka and Halland want Renton to fly the Nervarsh(SP?) Is it like Eureka's life source and if someone else flies it she gets sick or something? ( cause that's how it looks.)

-- I shall find the world of chocolate and pickles, conquer it, AND EAT ALL OF IT'S SOURCES!!!
MewAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #40   [permalink]
Snyper64

Wait until episode 20 and than you will see why Holland doesn't want him to pilot the Nirvash alone, that and a few other things you will see after that. Oh! and ParticleEffect, spoilor as for the ending episode Nanashi and Bizzarro left out all of the pictures that were on the end of each episode, most particularly episode 50s which can be found HERE and depicts Eureka and Renton back on the planet with Rentons grandfather and the kids /spoilor.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Snyper64; 08-09-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #41   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
I love the voice in te japanese version. The english has the same piece of ---- voice that naruto has. Yay for japanese.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:29 PM   #42   [permalink]
Snyper64

I agree, they make Rentons voice to whiny and high pitched, you would swear that whoever does his voice got kicked in the grits too many times.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #43   [permalink]
T.LAG

i don't know much about this anime i don't really like it.... but i watch it anyways well i don't really mind the whinnyness of his voice *maybe cuz i do too* i think that the person with the whinny voice is the girl with the blue hair *thinks about name*........ eraka i think......
T.LAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #44   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

THey started airing this on YTV yesterday and I caught the first episodes.The scenario sounds nice and the actions is cool,although it looks like their trying to imitate Gundam too much.

As far as the characters go they're nice so far but they haven't done much yet.It sounds promising
Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #45   [permalink]
Snyper64

It starts to get real good eps 20+ with alot of high and lows. The good thing about this anime is not every episode has action in it, alot of it is just about Eureka and Rentons relationship and how they both mature together with Eureka finding her true self and Renton becoming a man and becoming a leader instead of a follower. I will tell you that after watching through this entire show you will begin to look at things differently and for some even become a different person afterwards.