Old 17-04-2006, 11:13 PM   #1   [permalink]
Black_mage_33

Anime on UMD

I'm thinking about getting a PSP (trying to decide between PSP and DS) and was wondering about geting Anime on UMD. It seems like it's mostly movies and first volumes of shows. I am wanting to know if their are more umds coming out soon and new titles and if it's still just as good watching it on PSP. Thanks
Black_mage_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2006, 06:53 AM   #2   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I own a PSP, it was fun for the first month or 2 but I pretty much got tired of it. The screen is nice and all but I rather watch anime on a bigger format. There are a few anime title out when I bought the psp last summer but not much, but it was rather expensive for an anime and you get no extras like on regular dvds.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #3   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
No UMD is dead. All studios are pulling back production. Several pulling out altogether. Geonon is about the only player in the UMD market with Champloo and I'd be surprised if they even go the distance with that as it would take 13 volumes. This is assuming you have a US or Japan model PSP otherwise your choice is zero.

I've certainly dabbled in DVD to MP4 PSP conversion which works quite nicely further destroying the potential for buying the same movie again only for a modest improvement in picture.
Old 18-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #4   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I would highly suggest getting a DS because this little jewel http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=8731&.

You can put your own movies/music/pictures to view as you please.Let Sony try to beat that
Old 18-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #5   [permalink]
David Ikari
Forum Master

UMD was such an awesome idea. Releasing movies for $20 - $30 that showed in a tiny screen format that could only be used for a singular device, which had enough staying power for maybe one movie.

*sigh*

Where will the ingenuity end?
David Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #6   [permalink]
Black_mage_33

Yea i think the only thing that would be worth getting on psp is Final Fantasy VII: Adventr children but it's coming out on dvd so i'll most likely go with DS especialy with that media player coming out for DS i can put the Anime and all that i want on my DS.
Old 18-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #7   [permalink]
Black_mage_33

Seems like there would be more options then what the PSP has
Old 18-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #8   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Originally Posted by Darklightz
I would highly suggest getting a DS because this little jewel http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=8731&.

You can put your own movies/music/pictures to view as you please.Let Sony try to beat that
Uh who ever told you that the psp can't do all of those things? If anything the DS lack of a memory card slot makes it the wrong choice for the applications you are talking about. Also it is huge is in size and the screen is somewhat smaller than the psp, making it a bad choice for multimedia applications.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #9   [permalink]
Sector 6 Slum

i agree. the main aim of NDS is for games and not other media stuff. if you want a good portable media player than it's PSP hands down.
Old 21-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #10   [permalink]
Black_mage_33

I'll probably just go with the DS I can get anime on DVD and have better selections but the DS seems to have a better choice in games than the DS. It's kind of hard because PSP is geting FFVII game Before Crisis but DS is supost to be geting Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Children of Mana so seems like DS would be the better choice and it would be kind of wierd watching movies on the DS screen.