Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #1   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Now there's a completely insane anime just how I like 'em.

The characters are completey unpredictable wich makes them very interesting.Haruhi is the craziest of all of course doing random thing you could never see coming.

Also I actually love how they decided to show the episode in a completely random order,wich makes it hard to follow the story but gives us a unique perception on the story.

This one get my thumbs up,I recommend you watch it.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #2   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
This is the greatest show ever made this season. I could probably drop everything else I'm watching right now and be content with this one alone.

It's doing Haruhi a disservice to say it's just a show about crazy high school antics, though. I would call it...a bizarre tale of out-of-control boredom that manifests itself in supernatural events, all seen through the eyes of a world-weary, sarcastic teenage boy.

Also, this show has the best first episode ever, but I maintain that you can only truly appreciate it if you've ever made a student film. "Why not pan up to the sky?" and all. XD
Old 05-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #3   [permalink]
speedfreek19

first episode was pretty interesting, sadly i already knew about it lol

but yeah i like how its gone in a non chronological order

plus im liking the art style too
speedfreek19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #4   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Originally Posted by snowcherry
This is the greatest show ever made this season. I could probably drop everything else I'm watching right now and be content with this one alone.

It's doing Haruhi a disservice to say it's just a show about crazy high school antics, though. I would call it...a bizarre tale of out-of-control boredom that manifests itself in supernatural events, all seen through the eyes of a world-weary, sarcastic teenage boy.

Also, this show has the best first episode ever, but I maintain that you can only truly appreciate it if you've ever made a student film. "Why not pan up to the sky?" and all. XD
The first episode was probably the only reason I might have missed out on a great anime, thought it sucks so bad I was gonna skip this anime altogether. It did look like some insane people is mocking the whole anime community, I guess that was the effect they were looking for in hindsight. I mistakenly download the third episodes cause I was fresh out of animes to watch and decided to download the second episode as well.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #5   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Now there's a completely insane anime just how I like 'em.

The characters are completey unpredictable wich makes them very interesting.Haruhi is the craziest of all of course doing random thing you could never see coming.

Also I actually love how they decided to show the episode in a completely random order,wich makes it hard to follow the story but gives us a unique perception on the story.

This one get my thumbs up,I recommend you watch it.

I was damn wanting to see this anime like hell.........I just never get to....
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #6   [permalink]
Lurker
Forum Addicted

I'm enjoying it immensely. Only up to ep 3 and currently dl ep 4, and so far the story has been pretty engaging. I particularly enjoy the art, character design and level of animation, and the closing animation is the first I've come across that I actually want to watch each time.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #7   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by Lurker
I'm enjoying it immensely. Only up to ep 3 and currently dl ep 4, and so far the story has been pretty engaging. I particularly enjoy the art, character design and level of animation, and the closing animation is the first I've come across that I actually want to watch each time.
Me too!I love to watch them dance! XD Especially Yuki,it's so out of character to see her dance!

And I love Kyon's character.It's the first time I like a shoujo male lead character so much in a long time!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 AM   #8   [permalink]
Lurker
Forum Addicted

Originally Posted by Darklightz
And I love Kyon's character.It's the first time I like a shoujo male lead character so much in a long time!
Agreed, though I wouldn't have thought the world weary, sarcastic type to be much of a shoujo character. I mean, where's the angst?!

Has anyone gone back and rewatched the first ep after seeing a few of the others? I found it much funnier on different levels once you had an idea of the story and who the characters are.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #9   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I think Haruhi carries enough angst for the whole group.

And you're right,the first episode was too confusing at first but now it's much more enjoyable.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #10   [permalink]
StarDruid

Okay anyoen know the correct order for the sereis? The 4th ep hurt my brain. Don't know why though, I understood all of Lain on the first go.
StarDruid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #11   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
4th ep hurt 5th completely threw me off

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #12   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by StarDruid
Okay anyoen know the correct order for the sereis? The 4th ep hurt my brain. Don't know why though, I understood all of Lain on the first go.
I don't know the order yet but if you listen at the end during the preview of the next episode Haruhi presents the next episode in chronological order while Kyon presents it in the order we actually see it
Old 05-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #13   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just watched episode 00 or 1... Weird, very weird...but in it's own unique way. For a second there I thought it was the actual beginning to the series. Man...this anime looks and seems interesting enough so I'll keep watching for awhile. I know that it's getting alot of buzz. The anime to watch so to speak.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #14   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I can't get enough of this series

Also it seems Haruhi likes Kyon XD,she almost got caught by Kyon when she put her cardigan on him and seemed very embarassed about it
Old 06-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #15   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I watched 4 episodes so far....I mean WTF?! I'm trying to figure out what this anime is really about, but it just keeps slapping me in face with this no-nonsense humor. I mean it's funny but.....I don't know, I guess I'm trying to take this anime seriously instead of just viewing it as a comedy/weird humour type thing.

The thing that gets me the most is why Kyon continually hangs around Haruhi? It seems that he's intelligent and has the most common sense out of the all the characters in this series but yet he puts up with the craziness? For what purpose? I watched episode 4 or episode....Anyways, it seems that if Haruhi gets mad or something, the world is doomed or some crazy crap. Am I to take this seriously or just another gag?

This anime is really all over the place which makes it hard to figure out.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote