Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #46   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

The Gundam SEED timeslot was a powerhouse heh, Gundam SEED 58k avg, FMA, 36k avg, Destiny 68k avg and than.... Blood+ 5k avg... some bones show that got canceled halfway through.. no idea what replaced that and taking over that timeslot in October is Gundam 00.

Code Geass was originally suppose to be the show taking over that timeslot after Blood+, but it went to that Bones anime instead that got cancelled halfway through.

For being late night shows Haruhi and Code Geass have done amazing, I think their avg rating is under 2.0 where the SEED timeslot shows (until blood+) were 4% to 6%.

Sequels to both series should push their popularity quite abit as well as long as they maintain their quality.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #47   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just truly amazing. I'm wondering if this new Gundam series will outsell Destiny? As for Haruhi quality dropping, I don't see it happening as you can tell ALOT of effort, time, money, etc. was put into that anime. It's what I consider a world-wide hit. Not to mention that it's just been released in the states.

Only question now is how will the second season play out? Will it live up to the hype or exceed it? To be honest, although I like the show I just couldn't understand all the hype and over excitement for the series. Granted the animation was superb, but everywhere I looked around, it seemed like it was getting major, major attention. Maybe because I haven't read the novels or manga yet. Still, I'm watching the second season to see if it live up to the "hype".
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:17 AM   #48   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Dunno about Gundam 00, might get crushed inbetween Code Geass Season 2 and Gundam SEED Movie. It's also the gundam aimed at the west since every gundam apart from Wing has pretty much flopped here. Will do definately better than Turn A Gundams 5k avg though

As for Haruhi

Here's a breakdown on what Season 1 covered I took from AnimeOnDvds thread

Episode 00 is basically the movie that they spend all of book 2 filming (so it's like a giant summation)
Episodes 01-06 are basically the first book in total.
Episode 07 is the first short story from book 3
Episode 08 is a short story from book 3
Episodes 09-10 are a shorter story from book 3
Episode 11 (see episode 00)
Episode 12 is a short story from book 6
Episode 13 is a short story from book 5
Episode 14 was original and written for the anime by the writer himself

Still yet to be animated include

Book 2 (should they decide to go back and not leave it to the summerized Episode 00)
1 short story from book 3
All of book 4
Two stories from book 5
3 stories from book 6
All of book 7, 8, 9, and 10

http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/show...id/22103/tp/2/

Last edited by Westlo; 06-07-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:43 AM   #49   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Jesus christ!! Hell, there maybe a season 3! This is insane and it doesn't help that they do everything out of order. I mean, they have to take into account that not everyone has access to the novels. Looking at all this, I can only imagine how many curveballs will be thrown at us. If season one was just a slice of the pie, then I wonder what season 2 will be? How many episodes will air? Will they air them in order? Will it be original episodes? I have so many questions and season 2 hasn't even been announced yet.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #50   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

They were estimating there would be 50 episodes worth of matieral on AOD and of course the novels are still coming out.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #51   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Again insane. I'm starting to see the bigger picture now. 50 episodes worth of material. So chances are if they're planning on doing 14 episodes per season, then this series would head into 4 seasons. Looks like I may have to get a hold of the novels as this will be a long running franchise.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #52   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

There are translations of quite a few of the novels around on the internet, think the fansub group afk have the link in their irc topic. See SnM 13 btw? Nearly as good as the ep 3 fight scene!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #53   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah!! Balsa went ape sh!t on that dude. I had to laugh when she said "I'm a tiger, I will eat you!" I'm like holy sh!t! Damn, I didn't realize that Balsa was holding back so much. To see her pushed to the limits like that was awsome as she hasn't had anyone to really challenge her. Seems almost "invincible". Just an awsome episode.

Sorry if I got off topic a bit. Need to make a Seirei no Moribito thread.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #54   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
If I see it, I'm seeing it in cronological order since I learned with Evangelion to activly avoid the mindfucks.

Speaking of this, I wrote a review of The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya just based off the first Doujin I found of the series. I'd post it, but I'm betting it might be in violation of the common sense clause in the rules I got enacted.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #55   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I saw a few clips on YouTube and it hasn't caught my imagination. It feels like the cartoon version of a Children's BBC comedy drama, set in high school.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #56   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Downloaded the concert by accident. (Watched like an hour of it despite never having seen the series and there being no subtitles..)
Saw the boxset at JB HiFi the other day.
Saw this thread.
Watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwuriyROh2E
Watched a short clip on YouTube.

Now I really want this, but its not there anymore!! Noes =(
Damn, gonna have to pay more attention to recent anime. *sigh* looks so good.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #57   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Until I watched this in April this year I really didn't give a ---- about anime anymore, this series brought me back. Good timing too since the Spring 2007 (April) anime season had a massive amount of awesome shows.
Old 30-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #58   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Someone at work had it. Ah, I feel so greedy..cos I want more. So much more. What a wonderful anime. Its exactly what I wanted it to be, and what I was looking for in an anime.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote