Old 15-08-2006, 02:36 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Upcoming Shounen Jump series

Now how can you say no to Shounen Jump anime series.

Theres a few coming up around October.

Death Note: This one is a must for me. I did quite enjoy the manga series, well first half of the series that is after the big shock twist event, I didn't really care for the successor.

D.Gray-man: Honestly I don't know much about this series. My first encounter with it was last year at the Melbourne Anime Festival where there were two cosplayers and that sparked my interest. And after playing Jump Superstars on DS where one of the characters is playable, well that interested me some more. But I never bothered starting the manga, something about the manga-ka being sick and the series on hiatus made me not start it.

Busou Renkin: Again I don't know much about this series. And again my first encounter with this series was through playing Jump Superstars where one of the characters is playable. I think it's by the same creator of Kenshin so I'm hoping for some decent action in this one.

With the exception of Death Note, it's going to be an action packed October I reckon. Looking forward to all three of these series.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #2   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Death Note: Light Yagami (Or Raito) is an ace student with great aspects who's bored out of his mind. One day he finds the Death Note a notebook held by a shinigami (Death God). with the Death Note in hand, Light decides to create a perfect world. A world without crime or criminals. However when criminals start dropping dead one by one, the authorites send the legendary detective L to track down the killer.

Im not sure how I feel about this one, it will probably be in the same category as FLAG. I'll watch the first three episodes and go from there. It starts airing 2006-10-03.

D.Grayman: Allen Walker is a young Exorcist who has a cursed eye that can see the suffering of the Akumas created by The Millenium Earl. He travels to England to the Headquarters of the Exorcists where his Master has sent him to meet with the other Exorcists. The battle with the Millenium Earl and the Noah Family vs. the Exorcists intensifies when some of the best Exorcists begin to get killed by hoards of Akuma. Japan takes center stage in this end of 19th Century plot in order to not let the entire human race be turned into Akumas and the Exorcists have the power of "Innocence" that was given to them by God on their side.

This synopsis has my mouth watering, I can wait for this anime. This will probably be my favorite out of the three. Is it me or do there uniforms look like those of Trinty Blood? This anime also starts on 2006-10-03

Busou Renkin: One day, Muto Kazuki, a high school boy, saves a girl being assaulted by a big monster, but he is stabbed to death by the monster. However, the next morning, he finds he is alive. He wanders it was just a dream, but he meets the monster again, and he realizes his death is real. He and his sister get into a scrape, but suddenly, a girl in the dream appears. She explains him that the monster is a Homunculus made by alchemy. She also tells him that there is Kakugane in his chest in place of the heart. It is an alloy made by alchemy, too, and it is the only weapon to fight against Homunculus. Using the power of Kurogane, he beats the monster and saves his sister.

It sounds semi interesting to me. Have you seen a animated episode yet? The official website looks like a Capcom game. The main character's weapon looks like a bigger version of Strider's weapon and the guy with the butterfly mask makes me a little nervous.
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #3   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by orochi X
Like this. Or, maybe, this.

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #4   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

lol
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Old 15-08-2006, 06:31 PM   #5   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by orochi X

Theres a few coming up around October.

Death Note: This one is a must for me. I did quite enjoy the manga series, well first half of the series that is after the big shock twist event, I didn't really care for the successor.
Woot!I"m really eager to see the Death Note anime,the manga was awesome read the manga also thing DN's big twist ruined the series,but I think t rather made it go forward,since the plot was growing stale.

D.Grayman seems interesting.Demon slaying and travel to the west,reminds me of Chrno Crusade

I'm not so looking forward to Busou Renkin.I'm getting tired of the average student meets a girl and fights evil monster plot.I quit Shakugan no Shana halfway through and TOKKO is also getting boring.
Old 16-08-2006, 03:41 AM   #6   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Kusunagi
It sounds semi interesting to me. Have you seen a animated episode yet? The official website looks like a Capcom game. The main character's weapon looks like a bigger version of Strider's weapon and the guy with the butterfly mask makes me a little nervous.
I watched the short animated teaser on the website, looks pretty decent. I won't expect much, just action and only actio.

The Monarch from Venture Brothers came to mind when I saw the butterfly fellow from Busou Renkin.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #7   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

I'm going to look for it when I get off of work today. Hopefully they have my game in also. I'm tired of work and I have only been here for 24 minutes.
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Old 16-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #8   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Death note will be awesome as an anime, short and sweet.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #9   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I'm definately looking forward to Death Note. I loved the manga(well, the first half anyways) but, this should be an interesting series to watch neverthless. I wonder if the anime will go in a different direction from the manga.

D-Gray-Man is another one I'm looking forward too. I've read the first 42 chapters of the manga and I like what I've seen so far. Sort of reminds me a little of Full Metal Alchemist and Chrono Crusade. Especially the main character Allen, whom resembles Eric a bit.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #10   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Those of you looking forward to the Death Note anime will be drooling about the Death Note movie!
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

I know I am.God my new purpose in life is to see that movie!It looks awesome
Old 23-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #11   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Yeah I think I expressed some of my thoughts on the live action in the Death Note manga thread. Can't wait for localised Hong Kong VCD/DVD release so I can rent it.
Old 15-09-2006, 02:02 AM   #12   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Hark how did I forget about Katekyo Hitman Reborn! , which is also starting in October with the rest of the series. This one is probably my most anticipated out of the four, I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Gintama and get zero love from fansubbers because it's a bit obscure and strange.
Old 15-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #13   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
I myself love Buso Renkin so far. Looking forward to the rest of it.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 01:34 AM   #14   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

http://www.ntv.co.jp/deathnote/

Death Note official website is up. Nothing really. No teasers or trailers yet, actually the website is really bare.
Old 19-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #15   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Well, don't need to know too much as I've read the manga already.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote