Old 16-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #61   [permalink]
GLB_08

I just watched the English Version Trailer of Death Note. I don't really no how to describe Light's english voice yet, but so far...he doesn't sound like the evil Light we all no.

http://deathnote.viz.com/trailer_popup.php?t=3
GLB_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #62   [permalink]
GLB_08

Can you believe only two more episodes? I wonder if people will get tired of it after its done, I no that's what a lot of them did with Full Metal Alchemist, it was a big hit, but after the series ended, they said it was old, but oh well, it least it will be down in history.
Old 14-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #63   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I sort of gave up after the big you know what twist, much like with the manga when I was reading it. I'm still grabbing the episodes as they are released so I can eventually watch it and speaking of that Viz has been sending out letters to fansub groups telling them to stop and a few of the current groups have dropped the series.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #64   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

Yeah considering at a guess that its coming to the Final episode they really don't want people watching it who shouldn't be, understandable really.

Dont like the Enlgish version of Light, his voice comes across as a snobby, stuck up know-it-all kid, nothing like the calm, cold attitude the Japanese voice brings across. Well that's my opinion anyway.
Old 15-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #65   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

A lot of people have dropped off during this current arc as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #66   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Well, I'm still watching although this arc isn't nearly as good as the L arc. I'm wondering how this will end exactly. I mean, I've read the manga, but I hoping that a different or should I say "alternative" ending will be used for the anime.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 11:57 PM   #67   [permalink]
GLB_08

I don't no about episode 36, it was alright, but...it just didn't seem...interesting? But I still find myself looking forward to the final episode. I sure hope it's not disappointing. I mean, I no how it's going to end, but I still hope it's interesting.
Old 21-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #68   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Are you kidding? Episode 36 was INSANE!!! Granted I read the manga, but still, this was an awsome episode on all levels. From Mikami to Light, the music, atmosphere, everything was fcuking brilliant!! Couldn't ask for more from this episode. Well, only one more episode left. From watching the previews, it's heavily implied that Light WILL lose to Near, which absolutely sucks as I actually want Light to win despite all of the crazy sh!t that he's done! I'm wondering just how this last episode will be handled. You can guarantee ALL eyes will be on episode 37 next week! Hopefully it won't follow the manga.
Old 23-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #69   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

I thought it was adapted over pretty well, the stage that it's ended at has just increased the cliff hanger feeling to seeing the final climactic episode, I'll be eager to see it yet sad when its all over.
Old 26-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #70   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
Currently obsessing over death note. Even got my own Death Box in the mail earlier in the week
Old 27-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #71   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

NO!!!!! NO!!!!!! Well Ladies and Gentlemen, Death Note has finally come to an end. Just finished watching episode 37. In strange way, it made me feel sad. In the end, you see Light come to grips to what has happened. For him to be completely outsmarted like that (well if Mikami hadn't botched it up) was too much for him. I was like SH!T! I wanted him to pull it off, but the odds were against him. Once that happened, Light turned from "Kira" into just regular Light.

Near said that he was a mass murderer with a deadly weapon. That part I really don't agree with. Granted the Death Note was a deadly weapon, but in the beginning Light had intentions of using it for good. Just that several obstacles, particularly L, got in his way. In any case, it's quite hard to justify what Light did, but I understand why he did it. Another thing that I notice was when Ryuk finally had to write down Light's name in the Death Note. I could almost detect a sense of sadness, although not much. But he knew he would be the one to write Light's name down, so.....Man it sucks, but the episode delivered on all accounts!! I wish that Near lost!! He wasn't smarter than L, just that he was lucky....

Well, I've enjoyed EVERY episode of Death Note. I can't say that about most of the anime that I've watched in my lifetime. It seems like filler episodes are becoming the trend now and days. With Death Note however, each episode was intense. It literally forced you to watch each week to see what will happen next. Now...it's over. Feels weird to be honest, but it's been fun.

R.I.P. Light Yagami

Last edited by ACE2001; 27-06-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 27-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #72   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

I know how ya feel
Awesome all the way, now I need something else to fill the void
Excellent adaptation of the manga book once again, brilliant.
Old 27-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #73   [permalink]
GLB_08

I admit; Episode 37 was the best! I even liked the ending of it, it made me real sad to see Light so pathetic like that, especially when he closes his eyes at the end, it looked like he was about to cry, just like a little kid, (I mean that in the up most respect). I still was sort of sad that they didn't put the ending with the Kira followers, oh well, still the best Anime I've ever watched!
Old 02-07-2007, 04:25 AM   #74   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I skimmed through the final episode, I didn' really care for it.

SPOILERS!!

Having Light/Kira just run away and die by himself in some sort of industrial zone wasn't quite as good as the manga ending where we see him squirming on the ground infront of everyone pleading and crying to Ryuk not to write his name in the Death Note.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #75   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by orochi X
I skimmed through the final episode, I didn' really care for it.

SPOILERS!!

Having Light/Kira just run away and die by himself in some sort of industrial zone wasn't quite as good as the manga ending where we see him squirming on the ground infront of everyone pleading and crying to Ryuk not to write his name in the Death Note.

Man, you forgot to put it in spoiler caps!!! Just messing around. I thought the ending was quite well done. Besides, Light had suffered enough humiliation at the hands of Near at this point. You can argue that he didn't deserve a "peaceful" death for the things he done but once the power was stripped away from him, he came back to his normal self. The person that he once was before he acquired the Death Note.

I thought the warehouse scene was done beautifully. Now since most people have read the manga, it could've possibly served as a let down. Watching Light at his most vunerable and pathetic moments was truly shocking. Damn near couldn't watch. To think a smart guy like this could be so completely broken...as if everything was falling around him. At this point, we realize that he's a dead man and all alone. Considering this fact, I think it would been too "grim" a fate for Light. Besides, I didn't want to see the manga and anime have the same ending. I would have been pissed.

As much of the crazy things that Light did, he just a human whom got too wrapped up and corrupted by the book. It would've been interesting to see him beat Near and how the world would end up being with Light ruling it with the Death Note. The irony here though is that although Light claimed himself to be "God", as soon as he acquired the Death Note, his death was more certain than ever.