Old 04-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Pumkin Scissors

http://rikujyo3ka.com/

From AnimeNfo
Quote:
The long war against Frost Republic scarred many places of the Empire; famine, plague, returned soldiers who become bandits… Worrying about these "war damages" resulting from the devastations of the nation and people's minds, the Empire Army orgnaizes the 3rd section of Information Bureau known as "Pumpkin Scisors", and they assigned the section for the duty of recovery from the war damage.

Three years have passed since the truce so called "thin ice agreement". The 3rd section hasn't accomplished their task, yet. Rather, they are absorbed in paper works, and without notice, people ridicule that it is an "Excuse Section" that suppress people's complaint. However, they strive to achieve their tasks. One day, a man offers a help to them. It was a big guy who used to be a soldier. Dangling an iron lantern from his waist, he handles a heavy gun one-handed.
So the new Gonzo series Pumkin Scissors has started, picked this series up because of it's nifty title, other than that I didn't know what to expect from it.

However I enjoyed the first episode, nice change of pace and I do quite like the whole military post war European esque setting with the different divisions and what not ala CTT (chemical tactics troops - Grauwolf) and the ATT (anti tank troops - Oland), so looking forward to seeing more of that.

Definitely interested in Oland with his kamikaze antics, there's hints in the opening that he might of been subject to genetic modification and experimentation (haha Captain America!), that and he was called a Gespenst Jager whatever that might be.

Anyway this is definitely a series I'll continue to follow, I was very satisfyed with the first episode. Please don't let me down.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #2   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Sounds pretty cool, if it is like any of their other animes you can count me in!

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #3   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I watched the first episode a couple of hours ago. I definately came away impressed. One of the best first episodes that I've seen in a long time. Oland is a freaking monster!! No fear in eyes, more like, if looks could kill...This is definately a step up from Full Metal Panic!, which I also like. As for what Gespenst Jager means, it translates into "Ghost Hunter"....sounds interesting, but mysterious at the same time. In any case, I definately can't wait to see more.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:11 AM   #4   [permalink]
Kaneda

i got this episode the other day and i was waiting to check it out. ill put your words of advise to use and watch it.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:52 AM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Episode two is out. And another battle for the Pumkin Scissors platoon, Oland just hogs all the limelight once more with his Gespant Jager ATT act. I just love it! He looked so menacing when he was standing point blank at the noble's tank and took out the ex-tank soldier.

I guess what I'm dying to see is Oland take on a few tanks at once, now that would be awesome.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I just finished episode two. Oland is a freaking monster! Taking on a tank like that....he is literally a one man recking crew!! To me though, Alice really stole the show this episode. She always charges forward with no fear, nor regret. Her eyes are always forward and she's honest. She ain't never scared!! Needless to say, I'd definately enjoyed this episode. I wonder if there are anymore 901 ATT's besides Oland? If so, then things could get even more interesting.
Old 13-10-2006, 12:24 PM   #7   [permalink]
Kaneda

whats is that other name they keep sayin? Gespenst Jager. I'm not sure what that is. I enjoyed the episodes but if the guy is fighting tanks hes going to evetually have to do more than just walk up to them. I mean, in all reality the guy would have been blown away...

Still... I love the drawings they do when he is in "zombie mode" and the characters seem enjoyable. The plot seems great, and I will probly enjoy watching it.
Old 13-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I thought I mentioned in in my other post? In any case, Gespenst Jager means "Ghost Hunter".
Old 13-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #9   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Kaneda
I enjoyed the episodes but if the guy is fighting tanks hes going to evetually have to do more than just walk up to them. I mean, in all reality the guy would have been blown away...
I know what you mean, I do hope to see Oland take on something besides tanks, it doesn't mean every enemy they'll encounter will happen to have a tank just so Oland can show off his ATT skills however cool they are.
Old 19-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just watched episode 3. Not alot of action this episode, but I still liked it. This episode focused mainly on how Alice is trying to "fit" in with the commoners. She gets a reality check more or less on how things really are. In the end, she and the commoners end up working together to reach a common goal. I was really hungering for more action, but this episode was a nice change of pace. I can't wait till the next episode though as their seems to be plenty of action going on in it.
Old 28-10-2006, 09:01 AM   #11   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Man, Machine, or Monster.......Just finished episode 4. This was ALL about Oland. The way he took on the Tank in this episode was just too much. Almost like staring death in the face at point blank range!! Just banannas!! Toten Sie, Toten Sie,......
Old 31-10-2006, 08:05 PM   #12   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Man, Machine, or Monster.......Just finished episode 4. This was ALL about Oland. The way he took on the Tank in this episode was just too much. Almost like staring death in the face at point blank range!! Just banannas!! Toten Sie, Toten Sie,......
Best episode so far, that was quite intense.

And the plot thickens, I'm glad some plot development has begun. We can start speculating where this series is going to head, probably something to do with some secret military organization who are probably behind both Oland and the 901's and the tank technology.
Old 31-10-2006, 08:32 PM   #13   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Wasn't it so that he took not just 1 but 3 shells at almost point blank range in terms of tanks range, we are talking about power that could smash a small building to dust from miles away and oland took it full in the chest with barely a scar to commerate, a bit farther then far fetch considering they were in awed of the autoloading tank.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2006, 09:45 PM   #14   [permalink]
Kaneda

I like the fact that he is so brave, but i agree with the far fetched thing. i mean... i want to see orland do more than just stand in front of a firing tank and some how managing to survive and destroy it. it hardly seems like he puts any effort in at all.

the plot seems like it could be interesting, i wonder if it will explain why he has a blue light. ive enjoyed it so far but the whole challenging a tank face to face may get kinda old.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #15   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Oh was that nurse, urine sample and jug thing really needed in the latest episode of Pumkin Scissors?