Old 15-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Code Geass

http://www.geass.jp/

Quote:
Japan has been invaded and conquered by the Britannic Empire. Japan are now known as "Area 11" and it`s citizens known as "elevens." The Britannic Empire takes away Japan`s autonomous power and imposes it`s rule. The Britannic Empire enforces it`s rule through the use of `Nightmares`. The Empire`s rule has never faltered, but cracks have begun to show...
Picked up Code Geass, first episode is out available at the usual places.

So a milatary mecha series with character design by CLAMP, I couldn't say no.

From the first episode:

- Lelouch encounters an old friend who now serves under Britannia, reminded me a lot of the Kira and Asran encounter in Gundam Seed (well Code Geass is by Sunrise) except Lelouch's friend gets killed. And I was expecting him to end up being another main or supporting character unless they decide to ressurect him ... sure it's anime he can survive a gunshot and an explosion.

- Lelouch inherits supernatural abilities (what?) from some military secret weapon after she dies, giving him mind control and ends up forcing the Britannia troops to shoot themselves. Hmm very Death Note like.

- Mecha designs are okay. Nothing fancy.

- A lot of deaths; Lelouch's friend, the military secret weapon girl, Britannia troops and the mass killing spree of innocents by the Britannia army.

So I guess Code Geass is a bit Gundam Seed X Death Note X Full Metal Panic sort of fare? Well only time will tell.

Last edited by orochi X; 15-10-2006 at 08:09 PM.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:39 AM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Eh Code Geass hasn't interested any other AB members?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 AM   #3   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I like the character different approach to power than what you see most of the time, if only they'd just leave the mecha out of it, then this would have been a good anime.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #4   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Yes indeed. Lelouch reminds me quite a bit of Light/Kira (Death Note), with his quest in making a better world (or Japan). Lelouch is a conieving scheming and very intelligent person and has super natural powers that allow him to manipulate who he wants (well once only) and is not afraid to use them for his own goals.

Agree with the mecha portion of this series, they look terribly bland and very unimpressive. Was I supposed to be in awe at that white and gold frame that Suzaku was piloting?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #5   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

They are probably gonna used it a lot more seeying as the second episode of the serie was named white knight I think. Still Lulu is kinda fun to watch he just need to tone down on the attitude a little bit, I'm not saying try to be humble, just a little less of the I'm a god now so you better worship me attitude. Though I like the sneaky part of his character, where he can be manipulatives and act like he hasn't got a care in the world, like when asking the teacher for the answer to the test for a second time.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #6   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

So yeah Order of Black Knights, why am I not impressed? Oh because the resistance force that Zero picked up still wear their tattered clothes underneath the vizor and black top.

Code Geass is still a low priority series for me but the past few episodes (minus that stupid cat one) have really peaked my interest.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:12 AM   #7   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

That Suzaku guy still rubs me the wrong way, just hate it when he opens his mouth, how could anybody be in the military and still be so naive?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Finally decided to jump on the bandwagon. Just finished watching the first episode. Definately not a typical CLAMP anime. I mean, the designs are there but the story is little more dark than your usual CLAMP anime. So far, I like what I see.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #9   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

It's not a CLAMP series, they just did the character designs.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Ah, I see. No wonder the story was a bit un-CLAMP like! Anyways, just made it to episode 4. It's sort of weird, at times I can't tell whether Lelouch is "good" or "bad". His intentions are good per say, but he's going about it the wrong way IMO. Suzaku on the other hand, while somewhat naive, wants to change things the right way. Two different paths with the same goal. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Almost forgot, I like the power that Lelouch aquired. It's pretty cool being able to control people just by looking at them.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:54 AM   #11   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

I like lulu atleast he is doing things, he has an agenda to keep. Suzaku on the other hand is a do gooder, who potshot the rebels on a boat whom can't shoot back, a lame, annoying coward with no sense of reality.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #12   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Wow! Haven't really seen anything cowardly of Suzaku. Well, so far anyways. I'll watch more tonight to see what's up with him.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #13   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

About to watch several more episodes, but I thought I would make a small comment about episode 5. Was it just me or did Suzaku and Yuffie reminded you of Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed? Definately a bit strange..
Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #14   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished episode 8. All I have to say is that Zero is running this sh!t I am very impressed with Mr. Lulu.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #15   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

OMG!! I'm watching episode 12 now and.....all I have to say is that Nina is a freak!! Luckily it was dark and Nunnally can't see.. To think she would go "that" far!! Poor girl. She's actually annoying... With that aside, I'm starting to like LuLu more and more. Not only he has brains and luck, but he has the courage to back up his words. Sure enough he's fighting an uphill battle, but I'm rooting for him! As for Suzaku..not really sure what to make of him. He's definately a good guy, but there's just something amiss. Watching episode 11, he did something in the past that drove him berserk when C.C. made contact with him. I wonder what that is?

Hmm...one more thing. This anime can definately be considered as a "chess game" with Lulu and C.C. being the King and the Queen for the black pieces while Suzaku and Euffie are the white pieces for Queen and King. All the other pieces fall in to place respectively with Karen, Cornelia, etc. Seems like the Order of the Black Knights have the advantage right now, but for how long I wonder?

Last edited by ACE2001; 11-02-2007 at 12:37 PM.