Old 11-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #16   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Damn...the more I watch this, the more I'm convinced that Lulu may be digging his own grave. He's pratically making almost the whole world his enemy (of course with a select few) I can't possibly imagine what would happen if his identity were to be discovered. As overwhelming as the odds are for him, this what makes this anime truly interesting. To see if will overcome these odds and create a world of peace. I'm hoping he doesn't fly off the deep end.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #17   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Man...this anime is very addicting. Just watched episode 14. Quite a sad episode indeed...More importantly, what the hell is Mao purpose? That was somewhat random of him just to approach Shirley like that for no real reason. Maybe it's to claim C.C. back, but I'm not so sure. His Geass power is pretty cool as well as he can read minds and influence their way of thinking significantly. Hmm...he seems to be a wild card here. No telling what he may do. One last thing. I wonder what will happen to Shirley? Since Lulu erased her memories, just what will become of her? I really liked her character and it was sad to see them part like that.

I wonder how many episodes this will be?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #18   [permalink]
Kaneda

I agree that Mao was kinda random. I guess it serves the perpose of giving C.C. a history. I always thought that Lulu had woke her up for the first time since her "race's demise?". I guess now we see that shes tried this Geass thing before and it failed. It kinda makes you wonder how many people actually have this power.

And what a b!tch C.C. is... seriously.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #19   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, I don't C.C is that bad of a person. Sure, she has crude moments, but as they say, there is a method to the madness. She's definately been through alot. Part of that was revealed when Lulu was able to tap into her past when she made mental contact with Suzaku.

As for Mao...it seem that he's finally been "dealt" with, but not before delivering a mental blow to Suzaku. I knew something was hidden from us. Don't want to give away too much, but I was surprised. Also, I amazed again at how Lulu manages to out think his enemies. Seems like he's gained full knowledge on how to use his Geass.

Well, now with his biggest threat at the moment out of his way, I'm wondering what Lulu will do next. He definately has the advantage right now, especially since Suzaku is somewhat mentally unstable.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #20   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
About the chess metafoor, not exactly as lulu is the one who does most of the dirty work and cc is manipulating things on the background she only acted when her agenda is in danger. As for Suzaku, I can only hope that lancelot get trashed and forgotten, Yuffie is a useless git, the only one who is fighting the good fight is Cornelia and her vanguard.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #21   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, although C.C. is somewhat in control of Lulu, she alone can't realize her dream without Lulu, so they somewhat go hand and hand. Granted Lulu does most of the dirty work, but he's still the most important piece on the chess board (on the black side), if you look at it that way, with C.C. guiding him in quest to crush Britannia.

As for Suzaku, I don't really know why everyone seems to hate him. His intentions are good, it's just that his way of doing things is passive when compared to Lulu. Yufie isn't totally useless. She can't do battle on the battlefield but she does have some pull and is able to control some things. I like Cornelia. She does great in battle and was able to out-think Lulu at one point, but she has a defiante weakness. She has a sister complex, which I will think can be her downfall, like Lulu said. When it's all said and done, it's quite unbelieveable that one man is causing such a stir in the world.

Can't wait for episode 17.
Old 13-02-2007, 06:07 AM   #22   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

On the chessboard the most important and also most useless piece is the king, can only move one square and always on the defense, the queen on the other hand is the most powerfull who can move freely on the board, in relations the queen should be Lulu and the king is CC, she can grant power and is always there for protections. Lulu probably needs her more than she does him, if considering the Mao situation, she could probably grant anybody the gease.
Old 13-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #23   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hmm...granted if we both consider the "King" to be Lulu, he's still the most powerful piece on the board as once you loose the King, then it's over. No matter how many pieces you have on the board, including the Queen. He can afford to loose her, while she can't afford to lose him as this point is constantly stressed throughout the series by C.C. Her job is to mainly support Lulu while she's on the offensive. He doesn't necessarily have to be offensive all the time, which is why the other pieces carry out his plans. He's the one dictacting the movements of the pieces. They move according to his will. I'm pretty sure Lulu wouldn't mind losing C.C. as that wouldn't stop him from continuing his plan to crush Britannia.
Old 13-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #24   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Not quite, cause CC only need to sent another gease user at him to make things incredibly difficult, lulu is the one expendable in this relationship as there can be any number of gease user to help her accomplish her goal as opposed to lulu would be set back several steps without the gease. Sufficient to say, CC only need to drop lulu name to cornelia and its pretty much over with his plans.
Old 13-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #25   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hehe...but where would she find a person whom is as smart and as dangerous as Lulu? I highly doubt that she would been able to find another person otherwise she would've quit on him along time ago and just let him die. Several times he was on the brink of getting killed, yet C.C manages to come and save him. This proves that C.C. values him enough to whereas he's very important to her so that she can realize her dream. Besides, I don't think that she would take the Geass away from Lulu at this point. C.C. obviously chose him for a reason. She didn't have to give him the Geass powers at all. She could've let him die and chose another person to carry out her dream, but she didn't. She chose him for the fact that he has a strong will and desire to do what is necessary by any means necessary. In essence, this makes Lulu the perfect match for her.

On the other hand, now that Lulu has gained the Geass, he grown more confident and is able to carry out his plans to the maximum. Yes, she's very important to Lulu, but I serious doubt that Lulu would stop in his tracks just because C.C. decided to have a change of heart. Lulu is determined to take down Britannia with or without her. Like it or not, she's dependant upon Lulu to full fill her one desire.

As for C.C. name dropping to Cornelia, I don't think she would do that. It would serve no benefit or purpose to her plans. It would be quite foolish and would set her back. That's out of the question.

Last edited by ACE2001; 13-02-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 14-02-2007, 03:14 AM   #26   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

There are plenty of people in the world with the determinations, but not the means, there is Suzaku, the people from the japan liberation front, black knights, Cornelia, just to name a few. Lulu is by no means the smartest or most determind in the world, he was just at the right time at the right place. As can be seen in the latest episodes, CC could just walk away and nothing going to change for her, like she walked away from mao. When Lulu lost his usefullness who knows if she would walk away or not.
As for the dropping name comment, once lulu starts to get attach like mao did he might become a nuisance and had to be dealt with.
Old 14-02-2007, 04:11 AM   #27   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yes, but those people you mentioned are vastily different from Lulu. Lately Lulu and C.C. bond together has grown stronger. Now they're completely on the same wavelength. The Mao situation has brought them even closer, so I doubt that she will be walking away from him any time soon. I seriously doubt that Lulu would become a nuisance. He has objectives and is purely focused on carrying out his tasks. He won't end up like Mao that's for sure. Mao was too weak-minded and as a result he was completely overwhelmed by the Geass. Lulu isn't that type of person.

I'm telling you Lulu is one bad dude!! C.C. won't be going anywhere. Not untill Lulu fullfils his contract he made with her (including the one on the roof.)
Old 18-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #28   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Current predictions for the ending of this serie: Last man standing with lulu vs suzaku, either ending in a draw or suzaku winning, cause japanese people have a superiority complex as well as their so called strong sense of justice will always prevails bullsh!t and conformality to the in-the-box thinking.
Old 19-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #29   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 17. This episode was more about Suzaku and less about Lulu. Damn, I wonder how things will turn out now that he knows Suzaku is piloting the Lancelot? Definately changes his battle plans. This could be a definate momentum changer for the series. It looked like Lulu was about to loose it for a little bit. I was like damn it! Don't you go all crazy on me now!! Hmm...neverthless, this will be interesting as Lulu can predict Suzaku movements in the Lancelot, but will he actually excute his friend? Can't wait to see the results!

Side Note: Seems like there are three different mangas of Code Geass containing alternate storylines:

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Code Geass - Suzaku of the Counterattack

Code Geass - Nightmare of Nunnally - This is more interesting as Lelouch died during his meeting with C.C., whereafter Nunnally makes a Geass contract, obtains a new body and takes up piloting an unusual Knightmare Frame.

I definately want to read these.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #30   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Alright, Alright! Just jumped back into watching the series. Episode 17.5 was a Re-Cap episode, so nothing much to say there. Episode 18 was a big WTF just happened episode! Let's see here....I can't help that Reid may be a spy for Lulu father. Wouldn't be surprising since he's Britannian after all. Suzaku is seemly getting weaker and weaker by the minute (mentally that is). He's just confused right now, trying to do what's right, but isn't quite sure of that himself. What even shocked me was the fact that Lulu half brother is alive?! I mean, the guy took a point blank shot to the head! This time around, he was completely causing chaos. I'm not sure what direction this will turn now. With Suzaku unwilling to join Lulu and his cause, Lulu may end up having to "kill" Suzaku to acheive his goals. Now, on to episode 19!

P.S. Okay, watching episode 19 now. That wasn't Clovis whom was in the battleship.

Last edited by ACE2001; 07-03-2007 at 04:09 PM.