Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #76   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by cool2burn View Post
What was with him dressing Nanalli in that slutty slave girl outfit right before he died ?
I actually re-watched the last episode to pick up on some things, and I know that the first time I saw her in that I was like "WTF!? Sister complex or something?". In the second I paid more attention and I dont think it was bad at all. It was a pretty dress, but her posture etc are just sooo slavegirl due to her disability.

As for the Cornelia thing, keep in mind that the whole world had been turned on Lelouch. Any capable leader who can oppose him would be welcome. She did have a change of heart over Damocles/Fleija as well. There was a scene where Lelouch said to Kira-clone that he'd create such rivers of blood that people would forget the significance of what Euphemia did.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:02 AM   #77   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
It was still pretty hot ^^ but i accually think he is still alive he was far to smart to allow himself to be killed. Yes C.C diddnt give him her code but dont you get the code by killing the one who has it? So what happened to Charles? I think he got it i dont think something so powerful would just disappear.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif

Last edited by cool2burn; 08-10-2008 at 04:12 AM.
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #78   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Why do you have to cheapen Lelouch? He chose to be a martyr. Based on similar anime by the same people, its perfectly normal for him to die. Remember in season 2 where Kallen told him to live out the lie to the bitter end? Imagine how he felt after discovering that his own mother was not someone worth avenging like that.

Because of him, Nanalli soiled her hands with the deaths of god knows how many, and associated herself with a man who wiped out over 10 million people in a single blast.

There is no way Lelouch was so selfish, or thought there was happiness he could legitimately have in the world, as to cheat death. He definitely died.

There is no ambiguity over the code either. The code has to be taken. Lelouch didn't take anything. He basically made a wish that was granted. The geass was powerful, but like Mao and Rolo, it didn't make him invincble..just special.

Lelouch is dead. He died for everyone's sins. The symbolism is right there.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #79   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki View Post

There is no ambiguity over the code either. The code has to be taken. Lelouch didn't take anything. He basically made a wish that was granted. The geass was powerful, but like Mao and Rolo, it didn't make him invincble..just special.

Lelouch is dead. He died for everyone's sins. The symbolism is right there.
How can you say that remember the episode where C.C got her code she diddnt take it by choice she was tricked. And by killing the person who gave her the Gaes she obtained the code.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #80   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
The circumstances under which C2 got her code are vague at best.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #81   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

All I can remember of that scene was the sister preparing her for the role..next thing you see C.C in shock and the sister laughing as she bleeds to death, telling C.C that she was tricked.

Incidentally, Marianne died the same way as Charles, but only Charles had a code. There is no doubt in my mind that they were destroyed by the sword of akasha and not directly by Lelouch.

Don't forget what I said about the symbolism either. Imagine Shakespeare having a footnote that said "and then Romeo and Juliet lived because they had been only faking it". It would destroy the beauty and integrity of the story.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #82   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

But dont forget that Charles and his hand with the code around Lulu's neck when he died. Like i said before something that powerful i doubt it just disappeared.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #83   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

......why can't it disappear? Been watching too many mecha anime where the good pilots never die?
Old 15-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #84   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Reviving a dead thread, whoo-whoo!

I just wanted to say that the final episode is one of the most powerful anime episodes I've ever seen. Specifically, Lelouch's death was so perfect and yet utterly horrific at the same time. That moment when Nunnally is screaming with that terrible soul-wrenching scream while everyone else is cheering in praise of Lelouch's killer sends chills up my spine every time I see it.

Him dying makes me incredibly sad, but at the same time, I agree with what others have said here, in that if he didn't die, it would completely cheapen his death. It would cheapen his life too, because after all the terrible crimes he committed and the ruthless way he set about destroying and remaking the world... I don't know, for him to not make that ultimate sacrifice would take away the fact that he was only thinking about making a safe world for Nunnally. If I were him, I don't know if I'd really want to live after everything I'd done and caused to happen either.
Old 23-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #85   [permalink]
bankaimaster

Send a message via MSN to bankaimaster
This was recommended to me but I couldn't find the anime ... I take it from what I have read that this is a must see anime huh
Old 23-06-2009, 08:59 PM   #86   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
I don't know if it's a must-see, ranking over any other anime. There are some other great series out there, and Code Geass has its fair share of tedious moments, like any other series does.

It's probably hard to find in the US because it's been licensed here (I'm assuming you're living in the US). Unless you're talking about finding it on store shelves; then it should be easy to find, and for a relatively cheap price.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #87   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
Dang... I shouldn't have read this. I never saw the final episodes. I think it was on Cartoon Network at one time...

Tsunami-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #88   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I can't find a reference online, but the creators have stated clearly that he is dead.

Which I thought was dumb, they benefit from ambiguity. But if he didn't die, why the hell would C.C cry for him?

Last edited by Pengi_Ken-Ohki; 28-07-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Big difference between "did" and "didn't"
Old 27-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #89   [permalink]
crazyplay

It is one of the best anime I've ever seen, unfortunately, Lulu is dead in the 2nd episode
crazyplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #90   [permalink]
mangatallin

yeah Lelouch does have quite a lot of Light Yagami in him, but i think he has quite a bit more reason behind his actions than Kira, though he does get a bit carried away near the end.

i thought the whole series was all pretty good but i'm still not sure about the mecha. the ending was kinda sad, but i suppose he kinda deserved it. it was kinda interesting though cause he sacrificed himself.