Old 15-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #16   [permalink]
adralegre

Originally Posted by MeMyself
But we have seen how the Diclonius can survive serious wounds. As a child, we saw that Lucy apparently had the top of her scalp shot off.

But they survived thanks in part to medical treatment. Since the Director ordered Lucy’s death, who would give her treatment?
However, that Diclonius shot in the head during the flashback ~is not~ Lucy, but an unnamed Diclonius.
adralegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #17   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Darklightz
It's a classic ploy.Make the ending somewhat conclusive while keeping it vague enough to have the opportunity for a sequel if it's popular enough.In most cases there's no 2nd season and we're left with a weird ending.
Which is a little self-defeating, isn't it? If they ended the series giving the inference that Lucy/Nyu is dead, if there is a second series or movie they would have had just one problem to solve -- how to bring Lucy/Nyu back to life. Instead, if there is a second series or a movie, they now have a half dozen holes to fill!

I don't mind an inconclusive ending, but you still need to keep some semblance of believability.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #18   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
You know who I feel sorry for? The soliders who were hiding and having to keep an eye on Lucy, cut down without mercy.

That and Bondo was left for dead, I wonder why Lucy didn't kill him? Sadistic pleasure?
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #19   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Lucy deserved to die. Just for all that she had done. The amount of people that died for no reason is a waste. Nyu on the other hand was a good person. As to who was at the door. Well I don't know who it was but I don't think that it was Nyu. She would not be someone who would wait at the door. She would just rush in willy-nilly. I don't think that she knows the meaning on manners. Maybe it was a Jehovah’s Witness or something?
Old 16-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #20   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Black_Knight
That and Bondo was left for dead, I wonder why Lucy didn't kill him? Sadistic pleasure?
It was more like pity. Lucy was getting pretty sick of killing at the end. The guilt over what she did to Kohta's family was really getting to her.
Old 16-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #21   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Wolfpac
Maybe it was a Jehovah’s Witness or something?
That's why it took Nyu several months to return to Kohta -- she was undergoing missionary training!

Seriously, if it was Nyu, she was already starting to remember Lucy's memories. I mentioned above how she apologized to Kohta in episode 11. Kohta thought it was for breaking that seashell, but I think it was for killing his father and sister. It came just after Nyu had visions of the killing. If it was Nyu at the gate, by now she knows she is Lucy. That might explain the length of time between the final shootout and her reappearance. Lucy is dead, but Nyu is alive. Still Nyu carries Lucy's guilt. She spent time trying to deal with that guilt before returning to Kohta.

The problem is explaining how she escaped the final shootout, and why she would return knowing she is hunted. By returning, she places Kohta and the rest in danger.
Old 18-11-2006, 02:08 AM   #22   [permalink]
Shomi

Send a message via AIM to Shomi Send a message via MSN to Shomi
Do you think Lucy dies in the end? We apparently see her allowing herself to be shot up. But who is that at the gate at the end. Don't you think that the chiming clock gives us a que? Also, in the Japanese version, according to the subtitles, Yuka explains the extra place at the table by saying, "She wanted to eat, too." Who is "she?"
Yuka called in a clockmaker to fix the broken clock! Only to later realize that it was working properly again! The food was prepared as as a thankful gesture for her fixing it.

Quote:
Seriously, if it was Nyu, she was already starting to remember Lucy's memories. I mentioned above how she apologized to Kohta in episode 11. Kohta thought it was for breaking that seashell, but I think it was for killing his father and sister. It came just after Nyu had visions of the killing. If it was Nyu at the gate, by now she knows she is Lucy. That might explain the length of time between the final shootout and her reappearance. Lucy is dead, but Nyu is alive. Still Nyu carries Lucy's guilt. She spent time trying to deal with that guilt before returning to Kohta.

The problem is explaining how she escaped the final shootout, and why she would return knowing she is hunted. By returning, she places Kohta and the rest in danger.
That was Lucy who apologized, not Nyu. Nyu slipped on the blood and turned back into Lucy again, remember? Soon after, that's when Kohta remembered his past after watching her decimate all the soldiers.

So yeah, Kohta knew she was apologizing to him about the deaths of his family. And it was Lucy during these scenes, Nyu was subconscious.

I think, during the final shootout scene, Lucy killed all the soldiers at the end, and then used a gun or her own vector to slice off her other ear, thus suiciding and bringing back Nyu forever. And with Nyu, only knowing of one place to go, she began her long journey back to Kohta's residence. She even called Yuka giving her a heads up!

But of course, these kind of endings just leave it to the viewer's imagination to complete the pieces. If you lack one, than call up the producers and ask them directly yourself. That always works, too.

Last edited by Shomi; 18-11-2006 at 03:42 AM.
Shomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #23   [permalink]
adralegre

Originally Posted by Shomi
I think, during the final shootout scene, Lucy killed all the soldiers at the end, and then used a gun or her own vector to slice off her other ear, thus suiciding and bringing back Nyu forever. And with Nyu, only knowing of one place to go, she began her long journey back to Kohta's residence.
I also think that with just two vectors left, Lucy knows how to use them effectively enough so that she is "bulletproof" against a small army.

Hmmm...It makes sense: maybe she did use her vector to slice off her other horn, because that's the amount of force necessary to break the first one.
adralegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #24   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

That was Lucy who apologized, not Nyu. Nyu slipped on the blood and turned back into Lucy again, remember? Soon after, that's when Kohta remembered his past after watching her decimate all the soldiers.

So yeah, Kohta knew she was apologizing to him about the deaths of his family. And it was Lucy during these scenes, Nyu was subconscious.
I was refering to earlier when Nyu cut her hair. This was way before she followed Kohta to that bridge and slipped on the blood.

I think, during the final shootout scene, Lucy killed all the soldiers at the end, and then used a gun or her own vector to slice off her other ear, thus suiciding and bringing back Nyu forever. And with Nyu, only knowing of one place to go, she began her long journey back to Kohta's residence. She even called Yuka giving her a heads up!
This is all assumption -- which is really the only thing we have to explain all the holes in the story.

Plus remember that some time passes between that final battle and Lucy/Nyu's return.
Old 25-11-2006, 11:44 PM   #25   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
It was more like pity. Lucy was getting pretty sick of killing at the end. The guilt over what she did to Kohta's family was really getting to her.
If she was feeling guilty, then she'd have let the retreating and hiding soldiers go instead of killing them
-Bishop Oro
Old 26-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #26   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

But when she killed those particular soldiers she was also protecting Kohta.
Old 30-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #27   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Unarmed soliders running away looking like they pissed in their pants, Really?
-Bishop Oro
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #28   [permalink]
bmn

I know this topic is very old, but I felt I had to put in my perspective on this.

Lucy is not the person at the gate, neither is nyu. The team that went after Lucy, sent directly from the director-clonius guy, was a special team outfitted with the anti-tank rounds that vectors cannot fully block (I believe there was a tank in the background in that final scene).

I believe they were termed SATA.

I despise thinking this because I liked lucy the most among all of the characters because of how drastically she changes across the story while most of the other character remained so static and rather boring.

Kota's constant spasming when he saw violence and his cousin's apparent inferiority complex got boring, while nana was still head-over... uhm, pelvis for her papa. Mayu is rather boring, all in all, and everyone else pretty much died
bmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #29   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Rather simply believing, do you have anything to back up your theory?

The series is not fresh in my memory. Eventually, I will watch it again then I can get back into this discussion.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #30   [permalink]
Gunblade
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Gunblade Send a message via AIM to Gunblade
or read the manga to get the true ending.
I haven't read it yet so no idea what happens.
It's fan translated as it hasn't been licensed and probably never will at this rate.
Gunblade is offline   Reply With Quote