Old 13-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #46   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
Third personality? That would really depart from the manga.
Nope, there was a third personality thrown in for the hell of it right when Nyu/Lucy was in her death throes in which she tried to destroy the world. The true malevolence of the diclonous.

The manga is 100000 times better than the anime BTW since there's some real damn closure. And Bando.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #47   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Junsai View Post
The person at the gate stands as Lucy does. The other female chars in the show are either dead or do not resemble how Lucy stands as the person at the gate does.
What is weird is that the person at the gate stands as Lucy does when she is ready to kill.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #48   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
Nope, there was a third personality thrown in for the hell of it right when Nyu/Lucy was in her death throes in which she tried to destroy the world. The true malevolence of the diclonous.

The manga is 100000 times better than the anime BTW since there's some real damn closure. And Bando.
That wasn't a third personality in the manga. That was Lucy. She was just pissed off. Although, as I recall, her love of Noata brings her to her senses.
Old 14-10-2009, 05:44 AM   #49   [permalink]
ltorrent

I believe they ended on a cliff hanger hoping for a second season.
Really I'm sure they where going so! Wonderfully I regularly see rumors that season 2 would appear in few month...

Originally Posted by Black_Knight View Post
The manga is 100000 times better than the anime...
Of course it must be better, but it was anime what left this topic's question, so can't we try to find a coherent explanation of it's end? Really,

We are talking about the anime. It would not be the first time that an anime differed from the manga.
So

When she is shot at, FIRSTLY she didn't let them shoot her.
But army forces didn't try to find her any more, so she must had left them (as well as Kohta and Yuka) thinking of being killed. The question is HOW?

But, thanks to MeMyself I'm starting to believe that Lucy haven't return to Kohta because she did not want to endanger them. And she just came to check how they live...
ltorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #50   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by ltorrent View Post
Really I'm sure they where going so! Wonderfully I regularly see rumors that season 2 would appear in few month...
Season 2 after all this time? Unlikely. They would have to develop a storyline entirely different than the manga if they did -- not that animes have to follow the manga. The two are different medium anyway.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #51   [permalink]
ltorrent

At last I'd finished manga too (unfortunately, as far as I know there are some special chapters which is not translated, so I can't find and read them).

I fully confirm that there is no way to use manga to interpret anime's ending directly. These are really completely different media, I could not say which one is better, but I liked anime more.

And (manga spoiler)

Spoiler:
Unlike anime, manga story sometimes goes a little illogical, well, even without Bando's appearance at the end. So I do not think that manga is better than anime, but maybe I did not catch manga fully.

So at the end of manga Nyuu/Lucy was finally killed by Kouta as she wanted. Maybe idea of anime director was to keep it for the end of second season, so at the end of season 1 Lucy/Nyuu should be still alive.

But, oh, I did not expected such end of the story, I do not know where I heard that at the end of manga Nyuu was living (exactly as Nyuu, not Lucy) with Kouta. Someone deceived me, I was expecting it, but the true made me so sad :-(((((( Pure Nyuu!!! I liked you!
Finally I want to tell one thing. Maybe it sounds cruel, but there would be a big problem if Lucy and Yuka will both stay alive. Both good and both love Kouta and Kouta love both girls too... Really, it's not a good idea for authors to left such a love triangle at the end, so usually such kind of stories ends by someone death... So the only one chance for Lucy to stay alive it author's dream of second season. But it also should be ended by Lucy's death. This is it.

Last edited by ltorrent; 02-11-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #52   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Nice way to hide the spoiler. You have to tell me how you did that.

Anyway, if there was to be a second season it would really have to depart from the manga since the ending of the anime was so different.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #53   [permalink]
ltorrent

Nice way to hide the spoiler. You have to tell me how you did that.
Code:
[ spoiler]<your text here>[/spoiler]
(The space char after the first bracket must be removed.)

Some forums also able to change default text on spoiler button, but I do not know how to do it here. Usual

Code:
[spoiler=Title]<text>[/spoiler]
or 
[spoiler="Title"]<text>[/spoiler]
does not work...

Anyway, if there was to be a second season it would really have to depart from the manga since the ending of the anime was so different.
Well, seems so, but I do not know, if there any manga-based anime's n-th seasons that is completely depart from original manga? Of course, there could be found a lot of differences, even fundamental differences, but what about completely different plot? (I do not mean anime's season that appears to be continuation of both anime and manga, but exactly divergence of plots) Maybe I do not know, as I've not watch a many anime yet and I haven't read manga before Elfen Lied one.

Also, I found very strange thing. Okamoto Lynn write at the end of some his manga volumes about its "DVD-version" i.e. the anime before and after its first two series appearance, up to 10th volume. But do not refer to anime at all in the 11th and 12th volumes. Looks like there was something happened at that time, so Okamoto was not so glad of anime as at the beginning. Maybe it's just my fantasy... Maybe mangaka and anime director did not concur after all...
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #54   [permalink]
kaname

she dose not die in the anime because of the fact that they have direct orders not to kill her. if they shoot off her horn then she either goes into a state of shock or kicks there butts, and they might even be too afraid to approach her even if she goes into a stat of shock and after that passes over she will kill them and so she would hence forth not be dead.
kaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #55   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by kaname View Post
she dose not die in the anime because of the fact that they have direct orders not to kill her.
It has been a while, but I don't remember any orders not to kill Lucy.

Originally Posted by kaname View Post
she goes into a stat of shock and after that passes over. . . .
Lucy is Jewish? I don't think so.

Now about your grammar. . . .
Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #56   [permalink]
Windalf

Did it never occur to anyone else that since both of her horns were shot off, basically all she needed to do now, was dye her hair and she'd look normal. So perhaps she just killed those soldiers, either a stray bullet removed the second horn or she did herself. Spent some time alone, and dyed her hair. Then went back, which would also explain why Kohta didn't recognize her. It's rly simple, but a possibility. And since her personalities started merging together more and more, it doesn't rly matter which of them came back.
Windalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #57   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

First of all, I don't know how you can say Kohta did not recognize Lucy/Nyu. It was clear who that figure was. You do not see Kohta's reaction as the scene cuts before that can happen. I don't see how Kohta can not recognize a familiar figure. I think he may at first sensed somebody's presence, if I remember correctly, and not known who that presence was. But after he saw the figure, it was clear.

Second, the Lucy/Nyu personalities did not merge. What happened is that Lucy's human feelings began to emerge for the first time since childhood due to her love of Kohta.

I know the manga is different than the anime, and this is one of the few mangas I actually read. But as I remember, Lucy became Nyu after her horns were shot off. When they regrew, she became Lucy for good and this time was even more powerful. Am I remembering this correctly.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #58   [permalink]
Kurai Kodomo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Kurai Kodomo Send a message via AIM to Kurai Kodomo
Well I remember reading somewhere that the manga and anime were made at about the same time and that's why the endings are different.

For the end of the anime I figured since she had her horns blown off that she reverted back to Nyu and yes regardless of whether she was Lucy or Nyu at the end it was obvious that she returned to the household. It's been a while since I watched it but I think I remember Lucy saying something about how she wasn't going to go back. So that also made me think she was Nyu when she came back because if it was Lucy she wouldn't have went back.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #59   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

The anime ending was probably purposely made to confuse. I'm going from memory here, but the figure at the gate looked like Lucy before she would kill. I believe I said that in an earlier post.

If in the anime, Lucy became Nyu after having her horns shot off, it could still be Lucy at the gate. Unless my memory is faulty, we don't know how much time passed.

Still, it would have been stupid for Lucy to go back to the inn as it would eventually lead her enemies to Kohta and the others endangering their lives.

But the manga ending was a bit far fetched.

Last edited by MeMyself; 12-06-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #60   [permalink]
Aeonfluxfan1

She's alive

I think that because Lucy was the "Queen" she was special concerning her abilities and the recovery from injuries. I think she fought and killed all the men at the end and already being hurt was not on the top of her game and so her other horn was destroyed because of the weakened state she was in. Damage to her horn obviously briefly incapacitated her in some way so the loss of two horns probably put her near death.

I actually think Nyu began to die or rather merge with Lucy at the end when she finally confronted what happened between her and Khota. So time passes and Lucy/Nyu heals in body and mind and become one personality or the "true" personality.

Nana can only sense when Lucy is near not Nyu, so one can guess that it's quite possible that Nana cannot sense this true personality either. Yuka sets an extra place for Lucy/Nyu so it would almost be like she's there. Not an everyday occurrence from what i can tell by Kohta's reaction but of some either notable occasion or just simply because she thought of it. The dog barking is an excited reaction to someone he knows and is friendly with. Kohta actually senses someone before the dog barks which i think is that connection that Kohta and Lucy/Nyu share (he does always seem to find her) and i believe this is confirmed by showing us the shell and music box and playing their melody, this transitions into another form of music or melody which is the apparently newly fixed clock.

Whether that shadowy figure that is the true personality enters that gate and reunites with her family or is simple there to let her presence and feelings for them known and then mysteriously disappears I don't know.
Aeonfluxfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote