Old 20-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #1   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Anime that you are looking forward to!

List any upcoming anime that you are looking forward to.

The Skull Man
Shakugan no Shana
Bokurano
Claymore
Darker than BLACK
Kaze no Stigma
Koutetsu Sangokushi
Fuyu no Semi
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die

Last edited by Kusunagi; 20-02-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Typo
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
One Piece: Episode of Alabaster - Sabaku no Ojou to Kaizoku Tachi: A retelling of the Alabaster story arc, not sure how they will condense such an epic arc into a feature length movie but I'm sure it'll be sporting some kicking action scenes.

Claymore: Sounds quite spiffy and have heard some good things about the manga. That and some more fantasy esque anime series would be nice.

Princess Resurrection: I have no idea about this series but a blonde sporting a gothic lolita outfit hugging a spiked ball and chain definitely peaks my interest.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #3   [permalink]
Unlikely Fan

I might get a few things hurled at me, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the Rebuild of Evangelion (and yes, I know it's being milked!).

Total Number of Series Watched: 27
Favorite Anime: Evangelion (Hands Down)
Least Fav: Naruto
Currently Watching: Bleach
Unlikely Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #4   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

I've been watching Death Note and Kiba most of the time, but since new episodes of Death Note only come out once a week, I need something to tide me over that are similar.
Old 21-02-2007, 12:03 AM   #5   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
The Claymore anime will be great, the manga was very well done in my opinion. That is what I'm really looking forward too.

Also Matoko Shinkai's new movie is being released in japan in march, I can't wait to see that.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #6   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Do you think Blade of The Immortal will be converted? Berserk manga is getting good again. I'll post a few updates after lunch in that forum!
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #7   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Unlikely Fan
I might get a few things hurled at me, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the Rebuild of Evangelion (and yes, I know it's being milked!).
ahghghghgh .... They are at it again! It's the dreaded "Tenchi Universe" syndrome.

Executive Producer: hmmmm .... we need to milk the cow again.

Financial Backer: Oh, you mean NGE? ... sorry been there done that ...

Executive Producer: Wait! Our story guys have a new irrisistable twist that will produce the double punch. It will draw in the established fans (even the ones who hate the revisionist idea) and new ones who are attracted to the mystique surrounding NGE Chronodigm

Financial Backer: NGE Protodigm? Explain ...

Executive Producer: Yeah! thats the central gem of the idea ... that what we saw in NGE P-1 was just a facet of the larger reality ... like the proverbial scientist who examines an ant in a 3 dimensional maze X,Y & Time (within the context of a 4 dimensional world X,Y,Z and Time ... now enter in the extra dimensional angels who operate in and beyond the dimensions we presently perceive ...

... so ... NGE 1 was a metaphor for humans completing the 3 dimensional maze successfully ... stage 1.

Financial Backer: hmmmm ... sounds interesting, but how do you explain the victory over the "angels" in ... stage 1?

Executive Producer: Glad you asked ... think of research experiments where we humans use various devices to ... ahhh facilitate an experiement ... take the ant maze for example ... we would now use a microbot to interact with the ant for various reasons ... or a micromanipulator ... chemical emitter etc ... so the bottom line is that what "we" defeated in NGE stage 1 was merely the intrusive manifestation of a higher order being into our more limited realm of dimensions.

Financial Backer: Okay, that sounds plausible, but what about all the destruction and death? The almost total destruction of humankind ... ?

Executive Producer: Merely a matter of intentional misleading by scope ... of course we humans see such destruction as HUGE and all emcompassing, i.e. the death of mankind ... but to the higher powers, this is like a kid kicking over an ant hill. Well, more like a brilliant inquisitive kid, experimenting on the nature of ants by destroying the anthill ... to see what the colony will do. Keep in mind, that in the larger context, our Earth is like that one anthill and to these beings, there are a great many anthills of all sorts.\

Hehe ... in actuality we're not milking the cow so to speak, but producing more cows! Money .... moneeeeeyyyyy ... Royalties ... Merchandising ... think of the possibilities.

Financial Backer: Okay you've sold me.
Old 21-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Well SamIam, you should check out the Rebuild of Evangelion thread, very interesting info in there. I see that some people here aren't taking this seriously as it's considered another "cash cow" project. However, I believe that Anno has good intentions on doing these movies. He's putting alot of energy and effort to not only give the old fans what they want, but to bring in new fans and to gain a truly unique experience on what EVA is all about.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #9   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

My most anticipated R1 release title for this year has to be Black Lagoon. I've heard so many good things about this show, that I've decided not to ruin the series for myself by watching a fansub, but to wait for the licenced release instead. I hope that Geneon does this series justice.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Bandai's release of Mai-Otome (as well as waiting for the final DVD of My-HiME). Even though I haven't seen the end of this series yet, My-HiME is currently my favourite series out of all the anime that I've watched so far this year. I know that Mai-Otome is not a sequel as such, but it'll be amusing to see the same characters with different roles & backgrounds. And besides I'm a Shizuru & Natsuki fangirl, so I need my ShizNat fix.

Originally Posted by orochi X
Claymore: Sounds quite spiffy and have heard some good things about the manga. That and some more fantasy esque anime series would be nice.
I'm rather looking forward to this series too. I've been following the manga, & it's one of those manga series that could look absolutely amazing animated. There hasn't really been that much plot in the 6 volumes that I've read so far (currently at volume 11 in Japan & still ongoing), but I haven't really been following the series for that, more the gore-splattered monster bashing.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #10   [permalink]
BrikHaus81
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to BrikHaus81
The thing I'm looking forward to most right now is a sequel to Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It hasn't been announced or anything, but they just have to make one!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #11   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Originally Posted by BrikHaus81
The thing I'm looking forward to most right now is a sequel to Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. It hasn't been announced or anything, but they just have to make one!
Why? They concluded right, this one of the few series that actually ties it up neatly, very few loose ends. Any sequel would just be a cashcow which will suck madly.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #12   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

For me, there are several that I'm looking forward to:

Murder Princess- With anime title like this, I know this will be interesting!

Saiyuki Reload: Burial (OAV) I just love watching Gensomaden Saiyuki, so this is a must watch for me

Gekijouban Shakugan no Shana- I believe that this is a movie coming this summer. Definately loved the series. I'm curious as to how this will fit into the storyline or whatnot.

Claymore- I have heard SO much about this one. I heard that it even rivals Berserk in some aspects, which I find hard to believe. This could be the breakout anime of 2007. Only one more month for this one.

Blue Dragon- I know that this will be popular since Toriyama Akira is on the project. I heard that the game is doing fantastic Japan as well. Can't wait to get my hands on the game this summer.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:46 PM   #13   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Only one month for the Claymore anime, where did you hear that?

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #14   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Read it on animenewsnetwork.com. It comes out in Japan April 3rd/Early April 4th at 1:26 AM on NTV.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #15   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I'm going to add the new Production IG big robot series; Reideen to my list. Supposedly it's a remake of a '70's big robot series. Well from the trailer it's looking pretty sweet.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote