Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #1   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny

Ah yes...Everyone's favorite series to hate!! To be quite honest, I was looking forward to watching this to see how things will go this time around. It's really one of those hate it or love it series. If you like the first season, then you will definately like this one. The thing is, this anime relies heavily on it's sex appeal to sell the story to the audience, which isn't a bad thing. The animation is impressive, but at times, I can't figure out if this wants to be softcore hentai or a martial arts anime. They say that sex sells and that is what I believe to be Ikkitousen strength. I'm just hoping that the plot won't get sloppy. By the way, episode 1 was good. Nice little start off to the series.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:46 PM   #2   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Check my "Am I turning into a perv post!"

I actually enjoy the anime and am looking for more like it. Only scene I didn't like from the original is when (I can remember names) the girl with the green hair did what she did to Ryoufu (short blue hair). I also love the mountain chick and the chick with the spear. I'm rambling, my appologies. I enjoy the series. The story is mediocre, the animation is great, fight scenes are decent and the chicks are hot.

P.S.
Do you know any other series like it besides the following:
Tenjou Tenge
Air Master (Also great in my opinion)
Kenichi
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #3   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 2. This anime can be quite shameless at times. Another mystery to me is why don't the girls wear a bra? In any case, I must admit that I having a little trouble following the story so far. So many characters on top of the old ones too. Also, whom are the good guys? The bad guys? All I know is that there are three main groups whom are trying to gain complete control over territory. Let's see....the fighting is good, but not great. It's been too one-sided right now. Definately want to see some struggle going on.

This is one of those anime that require a second viewing to get what's going on with the story. Not too complicated, but somethings can easily be missed. Can't wait for episode 3. The Demon King has awakened, so I wonder what kind of fighting spirit will come out of Ryuubi Gentoku. This anime is getting started, so I expect to see alot more bloodbaths going on soon.
Old 23-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched the third episode today. After watching this episode, I'm really trying to figure out what is the purpose of the girls wearing clothes? They should just fight naked to save them the trouble! Anyways, this episode reveal the main component of this series: the Jade Dragon. Whomever has control of that, can change their own destiny. After that, I become somewhat confused to as whom is going against what and so on. It was nice seeing Sonsaku Hakufu this episode! Still dense as ever!
Old 27-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #5   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

I am going to watch Ep 3 tonight.
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Back on the swing of things. Just finished episode 4. Sonsaku is as funny as ever!! She certainly knows how to lighten up the mood on tense situations. What I'm having hard time watching this anime is the fact that there are so many characters and it doesn't seem to be one main "central" character. It's somewhat hard following the story, but the action makes up for it. So far, it's this is definately better than the first season.
Old 25-04-2007, 03:11 AM   #7   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
My compants and greviences fall into to catagories.

1. The fact that they fight to the death.

2. That this series has to be the worst cock-teasing series in all of anime. I swear in their univer, the female nipple must secret some sort of glue to keep the shreds of cloth they remain on their clothing for flying off.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hehe!! Like I said before, they should just fight naked! Makes things alot easier. The clothes get in the away anyways! Watched episode 8 a couple of days ago. More intensing fighting. The series now starting to make more sense. It's just that there are so many characters and history behind them that makes this somewhat confusing to watch.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #9   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Hehe!! Like I said before, they should just fight naked! Makes things alot easier. The clothes get in the away anyways! Watched episode 8 a couple of days ago. More intensing fighting. The series now starting to make more sense. It's just that there are so many characters and history behind them that makes this somewhat confusing to watch.
I found an old post I made at another site, BEHOLD NERD RAGE!

Quote:
I've only skimed through Ikkitousen and I have many issues with it. The first part is that most of the fights are to the death. I mean what the ----, these are high school students and they're killing each other and destroying public property, where the ---- are the police? If I was walking by I see some big tited 17 year old girl stomping the ribcage of some guy until it shattered, I'd think someone might mention something! Or at least have one of them foot the bill when they destory half a ------- building.

The death bugs me, but the inexcusable part was the lack of nipples, have you seen some of these scenes they have? What the ----? The girls cloths are made of ------- tissue and they just fall to peices, but what always stays in ------- place? The cloth on the nipples. On both nipples, it's symetical tearing and that's ------- maddness.

And the fact the cloth doesn't move from the nipple, what do these girls have some sort of special adhesive on their tits?! What the ----!? And when they power up the wind is blowing everywhere they skirts and hair fly up, but not the clothing over their tits. I mean I don't know much about aerodynamics, but I ------- know those tits wouldn't block the wind from blowing up the sherds of clothing that are covering the nipples. I mean look at the picture. LOOK AT IT! What the ---- is this ----! If tits are going to defy gravity, they shouldn't have their own gravitational pull to keep the nipples covered. Is that it? Anime women's tits are so dense they have their own gravitational pull which allows them to stay in place. Other than that it's something so unrealistic I can't accept it!
-Bishop Oro
Old 09-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hey, Black_Knight. Have you watched the Hotsprings OVA yet? Finally gives the Ikkitousen fans what they've been waiting for!

In any case, I actually did managed to watch all of Dragon Destiny. I thought the end was a bit corny, but for this anime, it was expected.
Old 21-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #11   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Hey, Black_Knight. Have you watched the Hotsprings OVA yet? Finally gives the Ikkitousen fans what they've been waiting for!
All I saw was the raw so I had no idea what they said since I do not know moonspeak. Thye should have just done this for the whole goddamn series.
-Bishop Oro
Old 21-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #12   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Watched the third episode today. After watching this episode, I'm really trying to figure out what is the purpose of the girls wearing clothes? They should just fight naked to save them the trouble! Anyways, this episode reveal the main component of this series: the Jade Dragon. Whomever has control of that, can change their own destiny. After that, I become somewhat confused to as whom is going against what and so on. It was nice seeing Sonsaku Hakufu this episode! Still dense as ever!
The cloths thing ... its like a metaphor for the ramping up of power for the character. So, the harder the fight, or more powerful the foe, the less cloths the protagonist ends up with. (the secret "ultimate" technique ... is called the "Mega Chrysalis Burst" ... where the girls begin to glow with excess chi and the shreds of clothing burn off in whisps of smoke as their aura takes on the shape of a chrysalis cocoon ... whereby it explodes into a shower of deadly shards ...exposing the female progagonist enveloped in an intense and colorful aura in the shape of butterfly wings ... hahaha
Old 22-08-2007, 02:20 AM   #13   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by SamIam
The cloths thing ... its like a metaphor for the ramping up of power for the character. So, the harder the fight, or more powerful the foe, the less cloths the protagonist ends up with. (the secret "ultimate" technique ... is called the "Mega Chrysalis Burst" ... where the girls begin to glow with excess chi and the shreds of clothing burn off in whisps of smoke as their aura takes on the shape of a chrysalis cocoon ... whereby it explodes into a shower of deadly shards ...exposing the female progagonist enveloped in an intense and colorful aura in the shape of butterfly wings ... hahaha
It was cute the first time Green Eggs, now it's just getting goddman annoying
-Bishop Oro