Old 29-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #91   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Well...there's always the manga. Since the series is 26 episodes, it's more than likely it will have an inconclusive ending since the manga is still going strong.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #92   [permalink]
Kaneda

ive never been much for manga. i just cant read and get the same effect as i do when actually watching it.

there are plenty of series's though that go there own way and do have a conculsive ending.

that would be another reason i dont read manga. its like reading a book before watching the movie. the book is always better. if you watch them movie and never read the book then your not going to know what your missing
Old 30-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #93   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, in this case, the chances are very high that the anime will have an "inconclusive" ending. I haven't read the manga yet as well. Based on the fact on how strong Priscilla is, it's going to take more than 13 episodes for Clare to even reach Priscilla's level. Not to mention that she has to fight other Awakened Beings as well. Clare isn't going to get uber strong overnight. It's going to take ALOT of time. Also from what I hear, the anime is staying pretty faithful to the manga. In that case, the anime will probably end right in the middle of the manga. This story has A LONGGG way to go. I'll be reading the manga once the anime is done.
Old 30-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #94   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

The ending will more than likely be the end of the arc, to give a slight hint about where the anime will end and the manga continues......

coughnarutocough
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #95   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, I'm figured as such. Then more than likely it will be a cliffhanger ending like Berserk.

Side Note: I don't know why for some reason, but Clare reminds me a bit of Joan of Arc. Anyone else find the resemblance?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #96   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

If you want to read some of the manga and avoid being spoiled Ace check out Claymore Extra Chapter 1, side story focused on Teresa and a former #1 Claymore. Seems the manga is getting 4 extra chapters in total before they go back to the main story in chapter 74.

I'm hoping Extra Chapters 2-4 focus on Miria, Galatea and a certain someone debuting next episode.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #97   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hmm....I may have to take you up on that offer. I wonder if the 4 extra chapters were done so that the anime could catch up to the manga?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #98   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

I doubt it. Hopefully the ending will be inconclusive and they "Follow thru" with a second season about 5 or 6 months down the road. It worked for Kiddy Grade.
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #99   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Lets go down the list now...

Ophelia... owned
Teresa... I hate to say it...owned
Noel...owned (on several occassions)
Sophia...owned (on several occassions)

For non manga readers, whos next?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #100   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Ooohh!! Almost forgot! I watched episode 14 a couple of days ago! Splendid! Was surprised that Irene gave up her arm so that Clare could fight Ophelia. I did a WTF for a minute, but then I understood why. Without Irene's arm, Clare wouldn't have stood a chance. She was still struggling too. As much as I hate to say it, Clare is only alive because Ophelia allowed Clare to kill her IMO. Not to take anything away from Clare of course.

It was somewhat sad to watch Ophelia go down like that after watching her be such a menacing opponent. Seems like she was going after Priscilla as well, but lost her way in the process.

Well, with that over, it looks as if Clare will be back on track. Looks like there will be some new characters in episode 15. Can't wait to see what type of impact they will have.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #101   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Finished watching episode 15. Again, great episode. At first, it was a bit slow moving as there was no action. Just Clare going into to town asking if anyone has seeing Raki. Then it starts to pick up on the second half of the episode. Damn! I felt sorry for them four Claymores. Duff was brutal man!! And that other chick whom was commanding him....I'm assuming that's Riful? Seems like she has a lot of power too, but she's trying to awaken the Claymores for what purpose? Why would she need to? Considering the fact that Duff is an "Awakened Being", I think that she is too. Hmm...well Jeane is the only one left standing, so it's a matter of time before she awakens. Although she's holding out pretty well.

Clare keeps fighting tougher and tougher battles. The road definately isn't getting easy for her. Sh!t, she just got through fighting Ophelia. Now she has to fight Duff!? Insane! Of course the episode ends as things are heating up!

One more thing. What does the organization exactly want with Clare? Besides her having Teresa's blood, she's a low ranking number.

Damn! I can't wait to see episode 16.
Old 17-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #102   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

What the organization want with Clare is not disclosed as of yet. However I think they are more so interested in her potential. I know that you are not privy to spoilers, so I'll leave you with this: There is a war going on behind the scenes and Riful is trying to recruit for her army because her 2 oppenents are as powerful as "she" is if not stronger! Fair enough?
Old 17-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #103   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

All Riful wants is friends

"I will torture you, make you awaken and than make you my friends!" Riful quote from volume 9
Old 17-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #104   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
*adds to "I wana watch it!" list*
kamikazefstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #105   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Another great episode. Just finished episode 16. Duff was a big crybaby this episode!! Still, Clare and Galatea have their hands full. Galatea has some cool powers as she's able to manipulate Yoki to a certain extent. Definately deserving of the number 3 rank. The main attraction of this episode however was Riful. Was surprised to find out that she was the first number 1 female Claymore. Man, she absurdly strong!! Also, there's two other Awakened Beings just as powerful as she is!!! So she's basically trying to awaken Claymores so that she can take on the other two powerful awakened beings. Damn...Clare definately has a long way to go before she can even take on Priscilla.

Again, the episode ends on a cliffhanger. Wonder what Clare will do now that Jeane has awakened. Clare had a tough time controlling herself from awakening this time around so how will she help Jeane? Will she be forced to kill her? How the world are they going to get out of the cave alive fighting against Duff whom seems to have very strong body armor and can crush them in a matter of seconds? Will Riful join the battle? Can't wait for episode 17 to see what type of gameplan they'll come up with.

Last edited by ACE2001; 19-07-2007 at 11:16 AM.