Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 AM   #121   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

eh I rate Claymore way above Naruto/Bleach, it's not quite Berserk but it could get close beofre all is said and done.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #122   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Um where is ep 20???
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #123   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Well, the raw version is out if you wanna get it. While I'm here, I comment on episode 19.

Not alot of talking but plenty of action! Clare is definately getting stronger with each opponent that she encounters. Flora is taking notice of Clare's strength, so I'll asume that she'll probably want to fight Clare to see just how strong is. Did I mention that Phantom Miria is a beast! Took on an Awakened Being on her own ala Teresa. It was nice to see all the Claymores come together and whoop some butt!

Last but not least, looks like Raki is in good health along with....Priscilla! It was kind of strange seeing her though..it's as if she's gotten younger. I was somewhat confused by that. Has her mind regressed a bit since the encounter with Teresa because right now she looks pretty harmless. Of course, looks can be deceiving. The real event was that we finally get a chance to see Isley. He looks somewhat harmless as well. Sort of reminds me of Griffith from Berserk. Hmm....In any case, definately can't wait to see episode 20.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #124   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Kusunagi
Um where is ep 20???
I'm guessing the fansubbers are pissed it's diverging from the manga.
Old 16-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #125   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Westlo
I'm guessing the fansubbers are pissed it's diverging from the manga.
ahghghghhghg ... you would think that the anime studios would have learned by now from the historical tendency to progressively weaken and destroy the longer running popular manga by expedient plot divergence ... I mean, really, look at what has fallen to the wayside because of this ... Rurouni Kenshin, a watered down Dragonball, weakened Naruto, stretched and tedious Bleach, runon Ranma ... the list goes on ...

Now, I made the point earlier that to some extent, commercialization is needed for the show to even exist in the first place, but the key here is balance ... stretch the story a bit, but don't make 1 episode into 5 boring ones to buy time or extend the franchise ...

okay, rant over.

Sam
Old 16-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #126   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Uh-Oh!! Just how far has the anime strayed from the manga so far? I haven't read it yet. With the exeception of the extra chapters.
Old 17-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #127   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I haven't read any synopsis of 20 but apparently there is also some newtype spoilers of 21+ that show they have definitely left the manga.

I don't read spoilers so I don't know what they are.
Old 17-08-2007, 07:25 AM   #128   [permalink]
Kaneda

ive been getting pretty confused since... episode 18... i think?... they introduced a lot of characters and i am really bad with names. usually, i am able to pick out the characters by face but the problem has been that they all look so freakin similar! its like, blond hair over load!
Old 17-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #129   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

There's a speed sub out now for ep 20, supposively eclipse have been having hardware issues.
Old 17-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #130   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, I just finished watching the speed sub. Well, as much as I hate to say this, episode 20 was a bit....boring. All talk and no action, which is understandable since the Claymores just finished fighting three tough Awakened Beings. I was looking forward to the showdown between Flora and Clare only to find Jeane steping in at the final moment. It was a little shocking to see Undine's true form. All that macho bravado, only to see her as a somewhat scared Claymore. Interesting. All in all, alot of insight was shed in this episode about why the Claymores fight.

Looking at the preview from the next episode, we can expect another fierce battle. I'm assuming that Ricardo is the "Lion King." He looks dangerous. I'm wondering how many Claymores will survive this one.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #131   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

That sounds about right. I will re-read the manga, but it doesn't seem to stray too far away from the manga. I still think it will end as one of my favorites.
Old 22-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #132   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

The Lion King shows he aint no stinky wussy like Simba
Old 22-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #133   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Wow! Just finished up episode 21. Rigardo wasn't playing around!! He was destroying the Claymores left and right. Even Phantom Miria is shook! Dude is really a monster! This really was an unfair battle from the start. The best way to defeat Rigardo would be for all the remaining Claymores to "awaken" and take him on, but most of them don't know how to control their Yoki, so that would be a bad idea. But damn...Rigardo is brimming with rage. Just how do they plan to take this guy down?

As for Raki....I mean, what the hell is he thinking? He's watching her eating human flesh and guts, but is trying to console her? On top of that, Easley even told him that she was an "Awakened Being." I was truly lost on what Raki was trying to accomplish here. It's going to get even worse once finds out that Clare wants to end Priscilla's life. Just whom will he choose? I understand Raki wanted to "save" Priscilla, but damn...there is only so much that you can do, especially when that person is eating humans.

In the meanwhile, the Claymores will have to think of something fast or Rigardo will end up ripping them all apart. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 22-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #134   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

It's not hard to tell what's from the manga and what isn't hey? Needless to say Raki doesn't have a clue in the manga...
Old 22-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #135   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

I don't understand why they made such meaningless changes??? It barely effects the story and dosen't add any interest to it. Chit, if anything it takes away from the original storyline. I hope they are not going to try to end it at 26!