Old 27-06-2007, 02:45 AM   #31   [permalink]
Kaneda

but this series is only 26 episodes. are they just going to do a montage episode and when they come back he'll be all grown up or something?

an intro is an intro and that image of this kamina/simon could be just that... imagery.

obviously, i want this to go into space and i want simon to be all grown up and everything... i also dont want to know whats going to happen. :/
Old 27-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #32   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Well the producer said that their could be more series of Gurren Lagann but this series will be the end of Simons story, you will probably see them end up in space and maybe after the end credits see a grown up Simon like in the first scene.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #33   [permalink]
Kaneda

hmm that would be cool but having to wait to see the rest of the story would just ---- me off.

is there any news of this series being dubbed or am i going to have to buy it in japanese?
Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #34   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Woah! Just found out that Gurren-Lagaan has been licensed by none other than.....ADV Films?! Here's the news:

ADV Films has announced the acqusiotion of their latest Gainax property with the series Gurren-Lagann. The 26 episode series directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi of Dead Leaves fame premiered in April 2007 and is still ongoing in its broadcast. ADV Films has acquired both the broadcast and home video rights for the series.

Source: Animeondvd

Not suprised at how quick this was snatched up considering the popularity the anime is receiving right now.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #35   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD

Next episode can't get here soon enough.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #36   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Now why in the world did you have to post that link orochi X? I ain't clicking it!

I watched episode 14 yesterday. Is it me or is the story moving a bit fast? Next episode, Simon or should I say "Simon the Driller" will go up against the Spiral King. I'm wondering how this battle will turn out since the Gurren-Lagaan is continuing to get stronger with each battle and Simon is gaining more confidence. Well, it looks like the next episode will be a classic episode from what you saw orochi X. I can't wait either.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 AM   #37   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Well Orochi's link kinda answers your story moving fast question Kinda obvious it was going to happen.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #38   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

So supposedly from the above link I posted they

Spoiler:
Rename Teppelin to Kamina City
Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 PM   #39   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Interesting. Still haven't clicked the link though. Looks like episode 15 may be the best episode of the series so far.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #40   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Here's some short summaries of the upcoming episodes.

God it sounds absolutely badass epic!

Spoiler:
Series is now schedule by all Japanese official sites as 27 episodes... however, that's just because they're counting next week's recap as an episode.

Anyway, 22th we get the time-skip and both a new opening and ending obviously. Nevertheless, Viral is now the episode title guy. Here are the future episode summaries and titles:

Episode 16(Now 17... whatever): Old marriage, going to the moon stuff we knew from a while ago.

Episode 17(Now named episode 18.. whatever): "I want to hear it now, the truth of this world."
The ominous Helix King's last words are slowly becoming reality as predicted when a unidentified creature suddenly appears beyond the moon just the moment human population reached a state and number fit for evolution. Unexpectedly, a mysterious third party appears from nowhere and a recognizable figure declares war on the Human Defense Organization.

Episode 18(Now 19... whatever): "I will do it, no matter what it takes!"
Rossiu's newly found dilemma leads him to declare Simon guilty of treason and quickly arrests him on this charges. Chaos quickly grows among the populace rioting populace and uncertainty grows as people become reminiscent of their old days underground. The former members of Dai-Gurren confront Rossiu about Simon only to be met by a dramatic revelation. Meanwhile, the mysterious creature keeping its eye on Earth grows nearer by date.

19(Now 20... you know the deal): "So this is how the last dawn of humanity looks like."
The Humanity Defense Organization breaks into pieces as wars break among Earth's population. Humanity major enemy turns out to be humanity as human piloted gunmen start destroying human piloted gunmen without discrimination. Simon's makes up his mind as an enormous creature sized as the moon covers the sun appearing right above the chaotic surface.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #41   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Man orochi X...you hurting yourself by reading all these summaries and spoilers man. I don't know how you do it. Again, from what you're saying, episode 15 is going to be awsome.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 AM   #42   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I haven't seen a fanbase more willing to spoil themselves than Laganns in ages, though I guess the show is pretty predictable so it's not really a bad thing to spoil as opposed to say a thriller anime.

The newtype scan I couldn't avoid as someone posted it in the AN thread as {img}{/img} but I already guessed they were going to do that anyway. Not going to read the spoilers as the "spoiler" brings back some unpredictablity to the show. Though it's obvious it's going to eventually work itself up to the first scene of the show.

Anyway 15 is out subbed by BSS, check torrent sites, from 50 votes it's already got a 10 over 90% of the scorers on the Anime-Suki ep 15 thread.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #43   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I can't believe that people are willing to spoil themselves you know. It just defeats the whole purpose of watching the episode, even if it is "predictable". I haven't read any summaries or seen any scans what so ever. The only thing that I saw was the preview for episode 15, which didn't reveal too much. That was good enough for me.

In any case, I'm downloading it right now. I'm about to find out if this episode will raise this anime to even bigger heights.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #44   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, to be safe, I'm going to put this in spoiler caps. Want you guys to get the full experience as this was an epic episode.

Spoiler:
God Damn!!! No need for spoilers as I've just finished episode 15!! Damn, Simon opened a can of WHOOP ASS on the Spiral King! I guess you can say that this episode was all about Simon believing in himself and his abilities. Once he was able to do that, he hasn't looked back since. Damn...for a minute, I thought the Spiral King was going to win once he got out of his Ganmen and proceeded to pound Simon to a pulp. But damn...Simon put an end to to that fool in style! I was like damn! Simon getting crunk in this b!tch!!

This was a grand-scale episode. Definately an epic, courtsey of "Simon the Driller." What the hell, this episode kicked major ass!

I must admit though that I'm a little worried. I mean, where does Simon go from here? I mean, he defeated the Spiral King, the creator of the ganmen, so who exactly is the "boss"? I'm assuming this must be the end of the first story arc, but I can't tell. To make matters even worse, the next episode will be a damn re-cap!! Sigh, this is one episode this anime doesn't need. It has the momentum now, just keep it going.

Wow...I can't even begin to imagine what will happen next. The sky is truly the limit for Simon....or should I say "Simon the Driller"!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #45   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

15 was perfection, it and SDF Macross... 27 (the one with the battle against the main Zentradi fleet outside the earth)... are my fav anime eps ever... funnily enough they contain a lot of similar elements.

Man I loved it when the Spiral King was like ---- my mech I'm just going to use my hands on this upstart and started smashing the ---- out of them lmao. Music was perfect as always.

Last edited by Westlo; 09-07-2007 at 10:07 AM.