Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #46   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Yeah, I definately wasn't expecting the Spiral King to do that. Oh why, oh why a re-cap episode next week.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #47   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I really don't mind as long as it's not a real episode, recap eps were the bane of some animes with GS Destiny and Wolfs Rain being recent ones to spring to mind. Glad too see Gurren Lagann and Code Geass take the RahXephpn approach in when they insert a recap ep it doesn't take away an episode from the anime.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #48   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

To be honest, it's the timing that's bothered me a little. I mean, why do we even need a re-cap episode in the first place? Just keep the momentum going. I consider it a wasted episode, at least in this series. No need for one.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #49   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, enough about the re-cap episode. Man oh man...I must say that I'm so glad that I didn't read any spoilers what-so-ever. I can't say enough about how Simon has grown as a man. I never would've thought that he would become just as cool as Kamina was.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #50   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Thought I would add some more thoughts about episode 15.

Spoiler:
Man...I must say that I feel real sorry for Viral at this point. This guy went from being one of the primary characters to being pratically reduced to an observer. I couldn't believe how quickly Simon took care of him! And the look on Viral's face when Simon stuck the Core Drill into the Helix King was priceless. I imagine he was like, WTF?! Was this the same wimpy guy I fought over 10 episodes ago? The only thing that he has for him is the fact that he's immortal. To be honest, every since Kamina died, his role has been reduced dramatically. Wonder what will happen with him next.

Another thing, I'm wondering how Simon figured out to stick the Core Drill into the Helix King's body? Considering how bad he was beaten up, I can't imagine he knew that doing so would have such a drastic effect on the Helix King. Hmm...I guess I'll chalk it up to instinct.

As for the Helix King himself, he mentioned that he was trying to keep the balance going so that total distruction wouldn't come to the land. Makes me wonder just how bad this "person" is where everyone is forced to live underground. I mean, I'm not understanding why 1,000,000 living on the surface would be considered a bad thing? Can't imagine what the "evil guy" up at the moon is thinking. Anyways, since the Helix King is gone, I'm assuming that Simon is now the ruler of the land since he has the Spiral Power and the Core Drill. Although he doesn't know how to mass produce ganmen. I'd imagine that his next move will be to go to space and see what the Helix King is talking about.

One more thing.....Yoko. Her role has also taken a major blow since Kamina died and that Nia joined the Brigade. Nia has her knight in shiny armor while Yoko's knight died in battle. She won't admit it, but she's feeling a bit jealous I imagine. I'm wondering how much longer will she stay in the Brigade, especially since Simon doesn't really "need" her anymore now that he believes in himself and he has Nia to motivate him.

P.S. Just wondering orochi X, did you manage to enjoy the episode since you spoiled the heck out of yourself? What impressions did it leave on you?

Last edited by ACE2001; 09-07-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #51   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I love spoilers though the spoilers that I posted up weren't directly related to episode 15. Anyway yes that was an epic episode, I was really really really hoping that Simon would ...
Spoiler:
unite with Spiral King's Rasengen (was that it's name, I can't be bothered checking).

As for what will become of Viral, if you read those short episode summaries (which you didn't) I had posted up you would have an idea, you'll find out in due time.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #52   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I see. Well as long as you were able to enjoy it. I just went back and watched the introductory part of episode one. It looks like Simon will be taking on the Great Dimensional Government. Trying to crush space-time itself. I'll admit that I really didn't pay attention to this at first. For him to be doing something like this, he must have been in a world of sh!t at that point. I wonder why he became such a threat to them? Well, it's not like anyone can answer now but I was just throwing it out there.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #53   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I also rewatched the opening scene, adult Simon sounds even manlier than Kamina!! I seriously hope the anime goes past that scene, should have so epic space battles ala Gunbuster if they do.
Old 17-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #54   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I downloaded the end + next ep preview that BSS released, I really hope they release a credited version of that ending on the dvds because some of the pictures are gorgeous. Happily Ever After should've been the first ending theme as well....

17 looks cool as ---- though, actually want to watch the recap now since i've seen a lot of "best recap ever" comments thrown around.
Old 17-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #55   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Best recap ever? Well, I'll see about that.
Old 19-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #56   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Okay...just finished episode 16. I'm not going to lie, at first I didn't want to watch this episode. Boy I'm glad I did! Now this is what I call a re-cap episode!! Watching this makes me want to buy the soundtrack! I like how the re-cap material was used and placed. The music also added to it. Although it is the same material, you can't help but watch as this anime is just so damn cool!! Loved the new ED as well. Sh!T! What more can I say about the series. It's managed to exceed my expectations everytime.

As cool this episode was, I hope that there is no more re-cap episodes. Alright, next episode I'm definately waiting for. Seven years later!? Damn!? Simon looks manly. Nia doesn't look too bad herself. I saw a ring on her ring finger...Did Simon and Nia get married?! Where is Yoko? What the hell they're up to!!! Ahh!!!! The wait is killing me! Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to.
Old 19-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #57   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

This recap episode wasn't planned since GL was suppose to be 26 eps long and now it's 27 eps because of the recap. Because of the way they produce animes you get lots of recaps, poorly animated rushed episodes and ---- because they don't take brakes.

I've always liked the music for GL, glad to see it shine here, Taku Iwasaki (RK OVA) is seriously the most underrated big anime composer.
Old 19-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #58   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Wasn't planned? Wonder what made them decide to do the re-cap episode? Still, it was good, just not needed for this series IMO.
Old 19-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #59   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

They get no breaks so sometimes they have to make a recap just so they can get back on schedule. For instance Gundam SEED Destiny was definately not suppose to have so many recap eps in the last half.

Though I'm sure it's them wanting to maintain the animation quality and not because the scriptwriter can't turn in a script ala GSD.
Old 22-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #60   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

New opening is tight, best sequence yet, glad they kept Sora iro Days as the opening song. I bet Nia and Yokos popularity in Japan fall as the 4 chan crowd flock to that young pink haired chick who came from Rochiis village... rofl