Old 24-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #61   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Spoiler:
Finally!!! I've waited 200 hours 46 minutes and 30 seconds for episode 17!! Just kidding! Man, there is so much to say about this episode, I don't even know say it, but I'm going to try. First of all, I'm surprised how things have progressed in seven years. I didn't think that the population would become so far advanced. It was fitting that they named it Kamina City.

Let's see....ah yes, Simon. Nice to see that he's grown up and more mature. Still retains a bit of innocence, but when it's time to go whoop some ass, he aint afraid to pull out the big guns!! Also, I was little surprised that he proposed to Nia. I thought that he still may like Yoko a bit. (Don't know how their relationship will work now that Nia is trying to distroy human civilization) Simon definately has alot on plate, but he's handling it as best as he can.

----, there's so much that went on this episode. Viral...didn't think that he would still be fighting after getting his ass completely handed to him by Simon several times. However, it looks like he's doing it for a reason, although it's now in vain. Rossiu has become extremely uptight and a stickler for the "rules". I'm sensing that he wants to overthrow Simon.....And why in the world did Rossiu destroy the original Ganmen. I thought that was a little crazy.

Finally, this threw me off a bit. I didn't that the 1 millionth person would be Kiyoh-san baby. Closer to danger than anyone realized. Now destruction and chaos will ensue.

This episode was definately worth the wait!! The new OP was great, but I liked the ED even better. Ah, I'm wondering how this will be dealt with. And it was also interesting to see tha the Helix King is being kept alive by Rossiu. I stop right here untill I here other thoughts and opinions on this episode.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 11:43 AM   #62   [permalink]
Kaneda

*spoilers*
cept i dont know how to do that little hide thing
-edit, let me try this...
Originally Posted by kaneda
Spoiler:

i cant believe rossue is such a bitch! of course, im always going to side with simon in everything because he is such an awsome character to root for but there is no way that rossue could be correct. why would he be forcing people above ground? that doesn't even make sence. im curious to find out if he is even going to realize that it is pretty much all his fault.
do you think the spiral king is going to come back as a friend or an enemy? in seven years the government sure did breed a lot of corruption.

this series is freakin awsome.
there, i said it.
freakin awsome.

Last edited by Kaneda; 24-07-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #63   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Kaneda
*spoilers*
cept i dont know how to do that little hide thing
-edit, let me try this...

this series is freakin awsome.
there, i said it.
freakin awsome.
Spoiler:
The reason why Rossiu forced people upground was so that he could get an accurate count of how many people there actually are. I don't think anyone realized that Kiyoh-san baby would be the 1 millionth person. Ironically, he's doing somewhat the samething his father did several years ago. Sometimes the best intentions have the worst outcomes.

As for the Helix King, I'd imagine that he would come back as friend as he really doesn't have a leg to stand on. If Simon wanted, he would probably kill him again. More importantly, does Simon even know that Rossiu is preserving the Helix King? Hmm...In any case, the Helix King's prediction was right on the money. The real question now is how Simon and everyone else will handle the situation with Nia leading the charge against humanity itself. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Simon will end up killing Nia. Not out of hatred, just for the simple fact that he has to do it. Not sure what will happen as we have yet to see Simon go up into space. How many years will it before that happens?

So many questions, very little answers. Can't wait for episode 18.
Old 25-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #64   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Badass episode. When that faceless thing exploded into all those many coloured shapes and pieces it looked like something out of one of those bullet hell shmups. A bit dissapointed to hear that Kittan and co.'s don't have their Ganmen anymore of course they could just do a Gundam Seed on us and magically have some sort of extra "ancient" Ganmen unit stashed away. Rossiu is a jerk.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #65   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Rossiu is a jerk but as shown by the end of the episode he was right, seems he was the only one to take the Helix Kings finals words seriously as shown by him looking at the moon after the final battle.

I don't think the ancient Ganmen were destroyed more like stashed away by someone when they were suppose to be disposed off... you see them out in space at the end of the op with the massive Gurren Lagann spaceship from the first scene of ep 1.

Can't wait for Yoko's reintroduction later on, better be good to make up for her gradually getting the shaft ever since Kamina died.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #66   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

So we all agree that Rossiu is a jerk! Although he has become uptight, I don't really see him as a "bad guy". Just him and Simon have different views about running Kamina City.

As for Yoko, she has been distanced from story. It somewhat makes sense as Kamina isn't there anymore and Simon really doesn't need her as far as combat abilities at this moment. So as result she's become more of a freelancer, which I think suits her pretty good. I'm not sure what type of impact will she have going into the final episodes. I'll think she'll offer Simon morale support as far as words, but on the battlefield, there's not much she can do for him. I'm pretty sure she realized this as well once he defeated the Helix King.
Old 25-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #67   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Okay, I've been seeing this hyped to hell, can someone explain to me what's so good about this show more than the GAINAX name brand?
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #68   [permalink]
Kaneda

no. you should just watch it.
Old 25-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #69   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yep. I second that. Us telling you, Black Knight, would do no justice on how great this series has been so far. You're missing out on a true gem here. It would be best to see it with your own eyes.
Old 26-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #70   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Black_Knight
Okay, I've been seeing this hyped to hell, can someone explain to me what's so good about this show more than the GAINAX name brand?
It's only the best thing Gainax have done since Gunbuster.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #71   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
I might watch it just because I heard they ripped of the archtypes from ReBoot
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #72   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Westlo
I don't think the ancient Ganmen were destroyed more like stashed away by someone when they were suppose to be disposed off... you see them out in space at the end of the op with the massive Gurren Lagann spaceship from the first scene of ep 1.
Some tidbit information take off another forum I visit.

Not really spoilers but I'll put them in the tags anyway.

Quote:
And like always, Gainax uploads their explanations for the off-screen little stuff in Gurren-Lagann: http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/gurren...rifling05.html
Spoiler:

Some info:
a) Kamina city human population = 300,000
b) Pretty weird social scale
c) Most beastmen living in Tepellin joined humanity thanks to Nia's influence. She also asked them to raise the sleeping newborns.
d) Ganmen battles are the popular underground sport, although Ganmen themselves are illegal in the city for being dangerous weapons rather than "sport" tools. A few outsider beastmen and humans sell weapons and gunmen to people outside the view of the law.
e) The number of resistance forces against the government is fairly big both in humans and beastmen. Weirdly, most beastmen that donít follow the government are led by former direct enemies of Simon and the Dai-Gurren as if his influence had given them a higher degree of freedom and self-awareness.
Old 30-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #73   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Awww HELLL NO!!! Just watched episode 18 and...

Spoiler:
Damn! Talk about bombs being dropped all over the place. Seems that Simon's power or should I say the "core drill" he has will destroy the universe! I'm like WTF?! And Lord Genome....a good guy?! A Spiral Knight? I was having a hard time believing that he was keeping humanity underground so that the Anti-Spirals wouldn't destroy Earth, but that was the case. So, if you look at it from his point of view, he was doing humanity a favor by surpressing them. In the end, the humans will to go to the surface surpassed his will to keep them down there which resulted in total defeat for him. Talk about odd....Lord Genome a good guy....

What really had me pissed this episode was how quickly most people turned against Simon. It's as if everyone became a bunch of damn scarry cats or should I say pussies! Everyone has become too damn political. Especially Rossiu, which I wanted to punch that dude in the face!! Didn't think that the people would be so ungrateful for what Simon has done for them. I'm waiting for Simon to say ---- it!! Can't believe that Rossiu had the balls to put Simon under arrest. Lost all his marbles there. It's clear from watching this episode that almost everyone has changed for the worst, with the exception of Simon, Boota, and Yoko which we haven't seen much of lately.

Next episode will definately be interesting as it looks like a trial will commence and all that jazz. I'm wondering if Simon will end up leaving Kamina City and pursuing the Anti-Spirals on his own, which seems all the more likely. I eager to see how he will deal with Nia since in fact that they can't coexist because they clearly oppose one another. Personally, I don't see Simon as a threat. Anyways, ANOTHER GREAT DAMN EPISODE!!!

P.S. Nia looked pretty good this episode. Much better than Yoko!
Old 30-07-2007, 08:07 AM   #74   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

For the Lucky Star fans out there, Gurren Lagann X Lucky Channel.

and ...

Nia X Nono (Diebuster) + Kamina's shades.

Coincidentally Nia and Nono share the same voice actress.

Old 30-07-2007, 08:49 AM   #75   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Haha!! That looks pretty cool! Haven't had a chance to watch Lucky Star yet. Gotta see what the hype is all about.