Old 31-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #76   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Haha!! That looks pretty cool! Haven't had a chance to watch Lucky Star yet. Gotta see what the hype is all about.
Not missing out on much my good friend.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #77   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Watched episode 19. Again, fantastic episode but....

Spoiler:
I didn't think it was possible for Rossiu to become an even bigger ------- than he was in the past two episodes. I mean, how absurd can you be? I was trying real hard to sympathize with him throughout this episode, but it wasn't happening. Executing the one person that can save Earth from total distruction isn't the smartest move that he could make. And using Kinon as a detonator in Gurren-Lagaan was inexcuseable (although she volunteered). She shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place. Love is blinding her towards the truth. Simon is the best chance they have if they want to save the planet. I'm somewhat hoping that there is a method to the madness that Rossiu is doing right now because I'm really not liking his character right now. He's definately become too political. It's as if he's forgotten where he came from and all of sudden just turned a complete 180. Sadly enough, this will blow up in his face and he will be scratching for Simon to come and save his ass....

And the citizens? WTF is up with them? None of this would've been even possible if Simon didn't risk life protecting these ungrateful bastards! I was so pissed off watching this episode. Simon is taking a major L right now. Although Rossiu managed to find Arc-Gurren and that he was able to find some shelter, they still don't have the means to stop a complete assault by the Anti-Spirals. It's only two weeks left, so I don't think the Anti-Spirals have brought out the big guns yet. Just giving them a taste of the despair that is about to come on Kamina City...or should I say the entire planet. They've found a temporary way to seal the small bombs from exploding on the surface, but I'm pretty sure that Anti-Spirals attack methods will change and they'll be in a worse situation than they were before.

I apologize for the long rant, but damn. It pissed me off Simon was being treated...Like crap. I'm just not understanding what destroying the Gurren-Lagaan will do to help the cause. AHH!!! This is getting too good. I'm hoping that Viral and Simon team up and whoop the Anti-Spiral's ass!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #78   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Come on guys! Don't quit on me now! The fun is just about to begin!

Finished watching episode 20 and....

Spoiler:
What a depressing episode (well at least 3/4 of it) I'm getting really tired of Rossiu at this point. I understand that he's trying to the "right" thing, but really, he's screwed either way. He sacrificed many humans on the Earth so that he could get the few remaining ones to space on the Arc-Gurren...but damn. All that is waiting for them out in space is total dispair. That is what the Anti-Spirals are bringing to the table. He can't out-run them. He's going to have to put up a fight. In a way, I really feel sorry for him. He f***ed up by turning Simon in (and was about to leave him to die on the planet!!) Just WTF was he thinking?! That the Anti-Spirals were some push overs or something?! He lacks balls. He's become too pussified for me although he's making some very tough decisions. This episode threw what little sympathy I had for this guy out the window. He's on my Sh!T list!

Ah yes, before I get to the two heroes of the episode, I wanted to touch upon the Simon, Viral rivalry. It's looking like they'll being working together, which is cool. They complement each other real well. Plus the fact that Viral is practically immortal, helps Simon in his quest. Now to the two characters whom made my day.

Kittan stepped up big time this episode. He manned up while everyone was acting scared and pussified. He's taking the fight to the Anti-Spirals. Nearly jumped out of my damn seat when talked to Rossiu. He talked like he had some sense and managed to save Rossiu from total defeat by getting the Core Drill from Rossiu. Without Simon, this battle is lost. Why doesn't Rossiu see that....Then there's Yoko!! Yes! We were all wonder when she'll make her grand appearance. Low and behold! She wasn't playing around. Aimed right at Nia! She comes at a very critical time. It's going to be interesting to see what will happen between Simon and Yoko now that Nia is going from bad to worse. Will he fall for Yoko or visa versa? Damn, it's so much to talk about!

Well, 6 more episodes to go. It seems like everything is going into a downward spiral!! This series on some epic sh!t right now!
Old 14-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #79   [permalink]
Kaneda

Spoiler:
Rossiu is really pissin me off. This series has gotten to the point where I have to get popcorn and turn the lights down to watch it. So freakin awsome. I hate waiting for the next episode. There is no way Rossiu can survive all alone out in space. Because he was wearing the spiral i think he has gotten a little bit power hungry. He is trying to take the whole burden by himself and in doing that views himself as the 'king' or whatever. However, he doesn't ever say he is the king... so... i dont really know. I cant wait for the last few episodes.
Old 15-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #80   [permalink]
Kaneda

Spoiler:
After watching the part with Nia again it almost seems like she is sad to have to explain all of that to simon. for one thing, did she really need to come and tell simon in the first place? i wonder if we will see her come through before the series is over... what do you think ace?
Old 15-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #81   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Kaneda
Spoiler:
After watching the part with Nia again it almost seems like she is sad to have to explain all of that to simon. for one thing, did she really need to come and tell simon in the first place? i wonder if we will see her come through before the series is over... what do you think ace?
Spoiler:
Nah, Kaneda. She wasn't sad at all. This isn't the Nia that we knew before she turned into the leader of the Anti-Spirals. Her one main goal is to bring about total destruction and despair to the humans (Spirals). She has no "feelings" for Simon right now. She sees him as a threat more that anything else.

I'm not so sure that she will come around so easily. With her being the leader of the Anti-Spirals and with Simon commanding the "Core Drill", they will be butting heads for awhile. Honestly, I can't really tell with this series, as it manages to do unexpected things. I believe that Simon will end up killing Nia.
Old 15-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #82   [permalink]
Kaneda

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Spoiler:
Nah, Kaneda. She wasn't sad at all. This isn't the Nia that we knew before she turned into the leader of the Anti-Spirals. Her one main goal is to bring about total destruction and despair to the humans (Spirals). She has no "feelings" for Simon right now. She sees him as a threat more that anything else.

I'm not so sure that she will come around so easily. With her being the leader of the Anti-Spirals and with Simon commanding the "Core Drill", they will be butting heads for awhile. Honestly, I can't really tell with this series, as it manages to do unexpected things. I believe that Simon will end up killing Nia.
Spoiler:
I disagree. The look on her face at 22:23 makes me feel like this is not something she wants to do. She also says "What anti-spirals want is absolute despair" and does not refer to it as "what we want...". She does say "we have prepared..." or something like that... but... but... i just cant admit that Nia is evil! There was no reason for her to come visit Simon. As far as the anti-spirals are concerned, he has absolutely no spiral power right now.
On a side note, I believe they will kill off Kittan next. You?
Old 15-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #83   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Kaneda
Spoiler:
I disagree. The look on her face at 22:23 makes me feel like this is not something she wants to do. She also says "What anti-spirals want is absolute despair" and does not refer to it as "what we want...". She does say "we have prepared..." or something like that... but... but... i just cant admit that Nia is evil! There was no reason for her to come visit Simon. As far as the anti-spirals are concerned, he has absolutely no spiral power right now.
On a side note, I believe they will kill off Kittan next. You?

Spoiler:
Oh yes, she's pure evil buddy! As sad as it is to say, she's pulled a Luke Skywalker on us. She has turned to the "dark side." She's a part of the Anti-Spirals, so she wants to carry out despair and destruction. She visits Simon because he's the most viable threat to the Anti-Spirals. The ONLY person capable of using the Gurren-Lagaan to it's fullest potential. He's what you would consider the "leader" of the Spirals. She's trying to mentally break him down. To put his mind state in total despair. Simon is going to have to make a decision soon. He can no longer ignore what's in front him. Nia has turned against him and is set on destroying humanity. Begging and pleading for her to stop isn't going to change the situation that is going on right now. As much as it's hurting him, the only choice he have is to fight back. Hopefully he'll be able to get Nia back to normal, but I don't see it happening. It seems like a permanent change for Nia's character IMO. Although Simon has no power right now (mainly the "Core Drill") he will get it soon and thus be a bigger threat than he already is right now.

As for the next death....it's hard to tell. I thought Kittan was good as dead last episode, but he managed to survive. This series has a way of doing unexpected things.
Old 21-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #84   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Man, don't fade on me now people!! Watched episode 21 and...

Spoiler:
I loved it! Awsome! I'm running out of positive things to say about this show! At first I thought this episode was going to be all about Yoko. The first lit bit was a little boring, but it was necessary to show what Yoko has been up to during the past year. In the end, it was good to see that she still had the mojo! Took on two Ganmen like they were nothing. What really had me pumped was when the Gurren-Brigade came together. This was what I've been waiting for! Now Simon and gang are ready to kick some butt!! Glad Boota was alive too! I wasn't surprised that Simon and Viral joined forces as they both seem to think alike and that they both admire Kamina, so it was only natural for them.

What satisfied me even more was when Simon came through and save Rossiu's ass!! I've bashed Rossiu enough...the poor guy had no where to run. I didn't think that the Arc-Gurren relied on the hearts of the people. Interesting. All in all, I'm expecting explosive, dynamite, kick-ass, over the top action these last couple of episodes. The big thing here is what will happen with Nia....I expect a grim fate for her. Damn, I haven't been this excited about watching an anime in awhile. Definately one my top favorites right now.
Old 22-08-2007, 02:07 AM   #85   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Still here just building up 3-4 episodes to watch in a row, same for Moribito and Claymore. Been catching up on a lot of 2003-2006 anime (like Shana, When They Cry) since I drifted out of anime at that time.

Last edited by Westlo; 22-08-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2007, 02:17 AM   #86   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Yoko's kickass-ness went up ten fold in that episode, you didn't see her pulling off moves like that in the earlier episodes. I assume she's packing some new heat as her rifle before it had trouble piercing Ganmen armour. But little childrens remarks about Yoko being hot, creepy. And yes I think we all know that Yoko has a huge rack, it would of been fine without all those closeups.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #87   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
God Damn it!!!! GAINAX does it AGAIN!!! Episode 22 was so f**king awsome on so many levels! I mean seriously, this is the best anime that I have watched this season, hands down!! And there's some pretty good competition out there.

After watching this episode, I'm now convinced that Simon has become the "God of Mecha"!! I just like his attitude throughout the whole situation. He never gave up nor lost faith. Not even when Nia was hell bent on bringing despair and destruction to Earth. I was convinced that he was going to have to kill her, but he managed to talk to her calmly and with confidence. Simply put, Simon believes in his sh!T!! I was impressed with Kamina, but Simon has ascended to a whole nother level of coolness.

Well, well, well....Rossiu's sorry a$$!! Okay, that's mean. It's clear to see that he just doesn't have Simon's charisma. He over-analyzes things instead of just using instincts. Watching this episode made me realized just how useless that he's become. I can do nothing but pity the guy...Like I said, Simon and Gurren-Brigade came in and save his butt. I wonder what will happen with him now. If you haven't watched this series, now is the time!!

With the arc finally coming to a close, we're not coming in to the home stretch of things. I've been reading that GAINAX has spent almost 40% of the series budget on episodes 23-27. Damn....seriously, I just get so hyped watching this. To me, this is what anime is all about. Just truly outstanding work.
Old 29-08-2007, 03:06 AM   #88   [permalink]
Kaneda

*does a little dance* I was right about Nia! yay!
how many episodes is this series going to be?
Old 29-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #89   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

27, will catch up after watching rest of Nanoha A's. Prefer to watch episodes in a bunch anyways.. don't like weekly waits
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #90   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Westlo
27, will catch up after watching rest of Nanoha A's. Prefer to watch episodes in a bunch anyways.. don't like weekly waits

Yeah Man!! I'm waiting on you! Jokes aside, I definately think this series is destined for greatness. Looking forward to a kick-ass ending. Forgot to mention this too, but did anyone notice Yoko and Kittan being a possible couple after this. I just had that weird feeling for some reason...

Side Note for Westlo: Since you're watching Nanoha A's, I would recommend watching Nanoha StrikerS immediately afterwards. It starts off slow, but boy does it get brutal in the later parts of the series. I've watched all the way up to episode 17.