Old 16-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #1   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
Anime you couldn't stomach

I know there are many bad anime series, movies, ova, etc. But even if something is below my expectations I tough it out and give it the benefit of the doubt. Have you ever started an anime and just couldn't finish it..because it was that bad. What animes were they?
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #2   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by dalmain
I know there are many bad anime series, movies, ova, etc. But even if something is below my expectations I tough it out and give it the benefit of the doubt. Have you ever started an anime and just couldn't finish it..because it was that bad. What animes were they?

... I think the closest I have come to not being able to finish an anime might have been the ultra violent Kakugo No Susume aka "Apocalypse Zero". Now this is one sick anime from an equally extreme manga (in fact, the manga is worse)

Sam
Old 17-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #3   [permalink]
Gundam_pilot01
Executive Member

I used to pick up a random Anime DVD once a month as a gamble, stopped doing it after picking one up called "Twilight of the Dark Master". I hated it so much I stopped the whole random gamble thing, and was very close to setting the DVD on fire..... might have to think about it again, don't like it sitting there amongst some great animes
Old 18-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #4   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
For me I wanted to try something 'normal' and went for the Geneon release of 'Human Crossing' the idea of the show being about normal people going about their lives seemed to appeal but what you don't count on is the execution.

After school special.

The show is so hokey and melodramatic with the way it quickly sets up the stories only to resolve them just as quick. Gave up after two episodes, only watching the second to make sure the first ep wasn't going to make for a pattern. One of the very few times I've abandoned a series even among my 'random' purchases.
Old 18-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #5   [permalink]
Kaneda

I bought this series called "Silent Mobius". When I saw the complete 24 episode series was only 15$ I thought it was a good deal. I believe the store got the better of me.
Old 18-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Originally Posted by Kaneda
I bought this series called "Silent Mobius". When I saw the complete 24 episode series was only 15$ I thought it was a good deal. I believe the store got the better of me.
What?! I thought Silent Mobius was pretty good.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #7   [permalink]
umoa

Send a message via AIM to umoa
shin chan
umoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #8   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Lately I'm really annoyed by giant robot animes, with a few exceptions ofcourse but most are rubbish. As an anime starts I thought this might be a something fun to watch and then the whole robot thing hits the screen and I'm like oookaaaay, not another little boy who is kinda annoying, doesn't want to pilot the most kickass weapon in the world but somehow get a high-synch/compatability ratio with it for no apparent reason. I mean if my life was to be dependent of an annoying brat of 14 or younger, I'd freaking kill myself merely out of shame that I had to be protected by said annoying kid.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #9   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Garzey's Wing as usual. Any tentacle heantai!!!!
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #10   [permalink]
NeneMaxwell195
Executive Member

Akira! I have never seen Akira all the way through as I always fall asleep! XD

Last edited by NeneMaxwell195; 18-04-2007 at 05:07 PM.
NeneMaxwell195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #11   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Takahashi
Lately I'm really annoyed by giant robot animes, with a few exceptions ofcourse but most are rubbish. As an anime starts I thought this might be a something fun to watch and then the whole robot thing hits the screen and I'm like oookaaaay, not another little boy who is kinda annoying, doesn't want to pilot the most kickass weapon in the world but somehow get a high-synch/compatability ratio with it for no apparent reason. I mean if my life was to be dependent of an annoying brat of 14 or younger, I'd freaking kill myself merely out of shame that I had to be protected by said annoying kid.
I here on that ... I think the primary problem though is based upon the tendancy to follow (past) successes by creating a formula for future genre "offspring". Add to this the desire to cater directly to a particular age related demographic centered around the Junior High School viewer ...
Old 19-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #12   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
I started watching an anime titled Izcer 1..wow it was terrible. I didn't make it through the second episode. I like the 80's style anime, but the content was rubbish.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #13   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

I liked both Silent Mobius (though the final few episodes leave a lot to be desired) & Iczer One (it's in my top 10, though more for nostalgia reasons than anything else these days).

As for anime I can't stomach, hmmm, can't really say that I have any as if I start a series, I'll always watch it to the end. Out of the stuff I've watched recently, Disgaea was a massive disappointment right from the get-go (I'm a huge fan of the game), & I was rather non-plussed by NieA_7 (had way too high expectations).

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 03:15 AM   #14   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Noir, what mascualinity I had was demolished by that series. Also Ikkitousen for the reasons I stated in the OVA/OAV thread.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #15   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by dalmain
I found the first 2 Patlabor movies particularly difficult to watch. I started watching both of them, to be met by a wall of static conversation like I've never experienced before. Would have been fine except the conversation was like having my teeth pulled out: something about using strategy A to defeat B, but C might be a problem, so let's do a deal with D, but D is a friend of E who is a friend of B, and then someone tells their life history or something. In the end, I fast forwarded to the last 10 or so minutes.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote