Old 31-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #1   [permalink]
Tenkawa
Executive Member

Anyone seen Tsubasa?

Hey so I read this review:

http://www.film.com/dvds/story/dvdts...97476/14953385

It was a combo review on Tsubasa and Afro Samurai.... and I was wondering if anyone else had seen Tsubasa and if they thought it was worth picking up?

Thanks.
Tenkawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Tsubasa a no from me, I think it was pretty poor compared to the manga. Starts off promising then just begins to sag, it's a slow paced series (not something I really care for), gorgeous music though. Don't watch it if you want a conclusion seeing as the manga is still going, there's two seasons for Tsubasa, second season is half filler which is where I gave up.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:12 AM   #3   [permalink]
fireguy
---------

Send a message via ICQ to fireguy Send a message via AIM to fireguy
Here is how I rate Tsubasa:

Manga version: Very good thus far. Have read 12 volumes to this point.
Anime season 1: quite good, kept a good storyline with good pace of progression.
Anime season 2:good, but could have been better. the filler episodes took away from what could have been alot better.

Hopefully any future season or seasons aren't piled with filler to the same or greater level than season 2.
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 10:09 AM   #4   [permalink]
Mystical Saria
Forum Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mystical Saria
i thought season 1 was pretty good especially the last arc but it sorta goes downhill with season 2. although the episodes of kuro's childhood were i thought done extremely well. i really enjoyed that ep. but yes the manga far surpasses the anime, the characters seem so much more livelier and lighter in the manga. way too serious in the anime, and sakura never seems to smile smile.

but i still love anything with sakura and syaraon in it so i cant wait til season 3 comes out. btw does anyone know what happened with season 3 of tsubasa? i heard clamp dropped the company that was making the anime. part of me kinda hopes so and the other part is argh i want season 3!!!
Old 17-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #5   [permalink]
Kawaii Miko
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Location: Aden, Aria Server, Lineage II, Laptop, Boudoir, Shidonii, Oosutaraiya
Send a message via ICQ to Kawaii Miko Send a message via AIM to Kawaii Miko Send a message via Yahoo to Kawaii Miko
Music = Great
Anime = Season One kept us in pace but the second season...haven't seen all of it yet so I can't say its a waste of space.
Manga = Read the first one and wanting to buy more from Kinokuniya later. At least it got me in tuned with xxxHolic.

Overall, if you're a major fan of Clamp and its works, you'll love it immensely. However, again, as I have not seen the second season and what everyone is mentioning above, you decide whether its a great idea to hold onto the series or just simply, not bother down the track.
Old 17-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #6   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Considering I'm one of the few people in the world who met CLAMP face to face, maybe I should read more of their stuff like Tsubasa.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #7   [permalink]
Tenkawa
Executive Member

Interesting... thanks for the comments folks. Sounds like season one is at least worth checking out on DVD so I'll give it a look as soon as it starts going on sale...hehehe..
Tenkawa is offline   Reply With Quote