Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Question Blood+ Question

This is for those who have been watching the series on Adult Swim. If you haven't, and you have not seen the series stop reading now as this is a spoiler for you.

Shortly after Diva kills Riku, as the ship begins to explode and sink, several boxes fall on Riku's body. They seem to contain those red crystals that come from the bodies of dead choropterans. When we last see Riku's body, it is buried under these crystals, and it seems that his body has not totally decayed like other choropterans/chevaliers/schiff. (Note that the crystal from Riku's body is now in Kai's hands.) Do you attach any significance to all this? Do you think we've seen the last of Riku? I can imagine his body being revived by absorbing the crystals of the dead choropterans, but then again it probably wouldn't be the same Riku.

What do you think?

IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE REST OF THE SERIES AND KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND WITH SPOILERS!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Well, I can say this much, I've seen all 50 episodes. As for the other members well...don't expect a response from them! Not too many people around here have seen this series. In any case, if you go to the Blood+ forum here I'm sure you'll find the answer that you're looking for.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #3   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Riku is such an annoying character, I hope that's the end of him...

What I was wondering about was why Diva removed her clothes and then we see a statuesque Riku also sans clothes. What's up? Did she give him a good time as she killed him?
Old 13-11-2007, 09:18 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by ACE2001
any case, if you go to the Blood+ forum here I'm sure you'll find the answer that you're looking for.
There is no Blood+ forum here. There is one for Blood: The Last Vampire, but that is a different story, a different Saya, and a different everything.
Old 13-11-2007, 09:21 PM   #5   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by iwakura
Riku is such an annoying character, I hope that's the end of him...

What I was wondering about was why Diva removed her clothes and then we see a statuesque Riku also sans clothes. What's up? Did she give him a good time as she killed him?
Let's just say that Riku did not die a virgin.

I guess he must not have satisfied Diva, or else she would not have killed him.
Old 14-11-2007, 02:40 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by MeMyself
There is no Blood+ forum here. There is one for Blood: The Last Vampire, but that is a different story, a different Saya, and a different everything.

Sorry about that. What I meant was the Blood+ thread in the Blood: The Last Vampire forum.
Old 22-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #7   [permalink]
gawl
Executive Member

Originally Posted by MeMyself
Let's just say that Riku did not die a virgin.

I guess he must not have satisfied Diva, or else she would not have killed him.
Was Riku even "ready"? Seeing that he so frightened of seeing Diva, I doubt it would have operated correctly.
gawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 12:26 AM   #8   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Though the implication is that she must have raped him somehow. I remember reading that Diva's main concern was the procreation of her species. I guess for some reason she thought Riku was a good person to be the fater of her next generation, though I don't know why she didn't choose one of her own Chevaliers for that duty.

And I'm positive Riku's dead--for various reasons--but lets just say that since we saw his body crack and then shatter into pieces, he's gone.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #9   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by gawl
Was Riku even "ready"? Seeing that he so frightened of seeing Diva, I doubt it would have operated correctly.
Diva said that Riku was "so giving." Take that to mean what you will. Riku was about 13-14, so I am sure he was "ready."

Although I see the scenario where Riku was so thrilled about having sex that he said he couldn't wait to tell Kai and everyone else. Diva, not wanting it to get around, kills him to keep him quiet.

I do hope we get to meet Riku, Jr.
Old 29-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well...nevermind. I was going to post a spoiler, but it's best that you watch and find out.
Old 30-11-2007, 06:21 AM   #11   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Seen the first 21 episodes, read the spoiler and it makes me want to watch more since Riku is an annoying little twit.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #12   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

You find Riku annoying Westlo? I actually thought that he was the most sensible out of this show! Too bad....