Old 14-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #1   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Hideaki Anno cameo in Funky Forest...

Although Funky Forest isn't an anime movie. I thought I'd post this here because one of the best parts of the film is the Hideaki Anno cameo. Hideaki Anno is cast as a for-hire animator complaining about the lack of artistry in the youth of today while drawing sequences for a project directed, literally, by a dog. I found it pretty weird and hilarious.

But that's what the whole film is though; really strange and really funny. I'd recommend checking it out, although it's not for those with no attention span, as it really has no plot and is two and a half hours long...
Old 14-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #2   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
No plot and goes on forever? Starts to sound like the 2 episodes of Kare Kano that are entirely recap.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #3   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Well it's a series of short vignettes so there is some sense of a story but it jumps around a lot. You kind of get the impression that all the characters are interconnected and know eachother. It's just really weird and really funny and overall very entertaining.