Old 23-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #16   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by John Faulkner
You shall refer to him as The Right Honourable Gentleman Glabrezu. Remember that we, the ABRPA, are a professional political party, and to gain popular support and funding, we act accordingly. Take heed of what Otto von Bismarck said: "Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness." We're not at war, but negotiating for change. We adhere to our Revivalist Manifesto:

a) Keep posting no matter what. It does not matter if this place becomes a frozen wasteland, just ------- post something.
b) Keep negotiating with the government of the Republic of AnimeBoards.
c) Generate an exciting atmosphere
d) Welcome new members with elaborate introduction posts
e) Explore creative new avenues for revival
f) Wear a headset which conducts the brain waves of Fidel Castro into our mind
My translation machine turns that jumble of words into the following.

Quote:
Eat a bag of ----, you suck
-Bishop Oro
Old 24-04-2008, 04:04 AM   #17   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Glabrezu
Hello guys, I would like to reintroduce myself. My name is Glabrezu, you may remember me from many years ago i'm one of your friendly mods gone AWOL. Or you may be one of the new guys thinking "who the hell does this guy think he is?" Don't worry new guys you didn't miss much.

The cause of my absence, well it all started with the little thing called 9/11. Having to clean up the crap posted after that incident killed my joy of posting here...well really on any forum. Apart from that life happened, got married (had Havok as a groomsman, thanks man ) had a couple of kids (4yo girl, 1 week old boy). But since getting pay TV last year I have upped my intake of anime a lot although still pissed at the loss of Adult Swim, I was enjoying Bleach, Eureka 7, Inuasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Trinity Blood ect...ect.

So I guess hi to all the old timers who may remember me, and hi to all the new people. I hope to post more frequently about this place.
Wow! I remember you here when I first started to lurk on the site... IIRC we had some interesting discussions back then.

Glad to have you back, hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Sam

Last edited by SamIam; 25-04-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 24-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #18   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Black_Knight
My translation machine turns that jumble of words into the following.

Eat a bag of ----, you suck
You miss point what I post. We ABRPA. So ------- post more. You savvy?
Old 24-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #19   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
You miss point what I post. We ABRPA. So ------- post more. You savvy?
First off, what the ---- does ABRPA stand for?
-Bishop Oro
Old 25-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #20   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Now if I posted that, I'd be banned. FuŠking double standards
hmmmm ... I'd have to agree with this assessment. It does appear that double standards are being used here.

Old 25-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #21   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

First off, what the ---- does ABRPA stand for?
! Have you forgotten already!?

How are we to start a quasi-revolutionary movement if we can't even remember the name of our own political party?

ABRPA stands for AnimeBoards Revival Progressive Alliance. You're part of it. We stick by our lofty aims of dragging this place out of the toxic sewage. As part of our strategy, we keep posting and ask questions later (sticking within the legal and economic infrastructure of course). Got that?

Also, have you got any new strategies to try? After all, you're the lead senior strategist.

Originally Posted by SamIam
hmmmm ... I'd have to agree with this assessment. It does appear that double standards are being used here.
Judging by recent performances, board management doesn't even have any standards anymore.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 25-04-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 25-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #22   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

Now if I posted that, I'd be banned. FuŠking double standards
First time I posted it, I was banned.

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Old 25-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #23   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

Judging by recent performances, board management doesn't even have any standards anymore.
True. They are allowing you to SPAM.

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Old 26-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #24   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Schizm
First time I posted it, I was banned.
So more than Eva2000 being a lazy ----, what's keeping you from being banned this time?
-Bishop Oro
Old 26-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #25   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

ABRPA stands for AnimeBoards Revival Progressive Alliance. You're part of it. We stick by our lofty aims of dragging this place out of the toxic sewage. As part of our strategy, we keep posting and ask questions later (sticking within the legal and economic infrastructure of course). Got that?

I'm now for terrorism since it's the only way to get the attention of the elitists who run this forum. Although I'm to lazy to get a hacker to attack the forum, and it would probably end up only improving it.
-Bishop Oro
Old 26-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #26   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Schizm
True. They are allowing you to SPAM.
a) You're the original king of spam.

b) My elevated post rate is but one branch of the grand strategy of the ABRPA in the post-apocalyptic era of AnimeBoards. The word "spam" has the connotation that something is not aligned with the purpose of the location in which the spam materializes in space-time. In my case, the proliferation of posts, albeit ostensibly without intelligent design, is actually a constructive activity which has subtle political, economic, and cultural expediencies. Political because it draws the attention of the ruling monarchy. Economic because the increased number of posts will boost posting activity and the price of shares on this real web estate, and thus, given our president's monetary investment, will push the equilibrium point further up His Excellency's utility curve. Cultural because it aims to encourage existing members of the constituency to utilize their freedom of speech, as enshrined in law, and engage in the reconstruction of AnimeBoards in the image of the romanticized past, but with a firm and keen eye on the golden opportunities of the future. Thus, the label of "spam" is a misnomer.

c) I have also instigated and engaged in more serious debates. Behold the thread on the issue of Tibet's sovereignty struggle with Beijing, vis-a-vis the recent events surrounding the Olympic Torch relay. This has blossomed into a lively thread which, by anime messageboard standards, has been fantastically mature and credible.

I'm now for terrorism since it's the only way to get the attention of the elitists who run this forum. Although I'm to lazy to get a hacker to attack the forum, and it would probably end up only improving it.
Terrorism is such a harsh word, which could evoke a psychological backlash from the Western world and unwanted attention from the CIA. Rather, our activities should be viewed as those of freedom fighters. But even that might trigger associations of violence and firebrand dictators.

No, we are a democratic resistance movement. We use legitimate means to dispel voter apathy.

We shall follow the example of our legendary comrade Dez1982, who fell in battle a while ago. Ever since he has gone, times have been hard. But we will make him proud yet. We will continue his legend .....

That is, until I ------- get sick of this ------ ghost-town 99% full of ------- stupid dumb people ------- around doing ---- all for eternity, or get ------- sick of the putrid juvenile ---- that comes out of anime messageboards, or I ------- use the computer less and ------- take up kick-boxing again or something to work off the aggression accumulated from years of coming here and seeing that nothing has changed and it is still a ------- shithole in every sense of the word.

Oh ----, look at that last paragraph: did I actually type what I was thinking by mistake?

Last edited by John Faulkner; 26-04-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 28-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #27   [permalink]
Glabrezu
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Glabrezu Send a message via AIM to Glabrezu
Yes that is the pic Schizm, I remember deleting it in the past. I would delete it again but it seems I have no Mod powers here....but then again I may have just forgotten how to do it in my old age.

Yes SamIam, I remember some robust debates in the past....really enjoyed them too.

Well i'm not about to get anyones hopes up as to the revival of this forum. Really it comes gown to George and where he is in his life and the spare time he has to get the job done....it is his baby.

Well I have to go get ready for Aikido tonight so I might to some posting afterwards if i'm not in too much pain.
Old 28-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #28   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Yes that is the pic Schizm, I remember deleting it in the past. I would delete it again but it seems I have no Mod powers here....but then again I may have just forgotten how to do it in my old age.

Yes SamIam, I remember some robust debates in the past....really enjoyed them too.

Well i'm not about to get anyones hopes up as to the revival of this forum. Really it comes gown to George and where he is in his life and the spare time he has to get the job done....it is his baby.

Well I have to go get ready for Aikido tonight so I might to some posting afterwards if i'm not in too much pain.
Hey, .... DON'T break a leg! haha, but seriously, I doubt that the posters here are expecting miracles from you or anything, but that its good to hear from you (and that anything you can do to liven things up here would be greatly appreciated).

Sam
Old 28-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #29   [permalink]
Glabrezu
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Glabrezu Send a message via AIM to Glabrezu
No broken legs but I do have a lot of sore bits. The Shio Nage Katame Waza (sp) really showed up the old injurys in my shoulders.

I might watch some Naruto then get some sleep tonight.
Old 29-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #30   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Three cheers for senility!
-Bishop Oro