Old 27-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #1   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Vampires Vampires Vampires

Lately I been watching a tonne of Vampire anime.
Trinity Blood, Hellsing, Rosario+Vampire, Vampire Knight, Vampire Hunter....

I haven't had my fill yet, so go ahead and list any vampire manga or anime you can think of. Even if its silly like Moon Phase.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #2   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
Vampire Princess Miyu tv and ova. It's episodic and not bad at all.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Yeh I had them since ages ago..but iirc it had too many ridiculous monsters, in a monster of the week format. I recall that I liked the ova or whatever I saw first, and the TV series was a bit of a disappointment. I've owned the DVDs for like, 6 years..yet only watched em through once.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 AM   #4   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Master of Mosquiton.... A must see for vampire anime series...

The OVA, not the TV series... Although the TV series isn't too bad...

Last edited by Morbius; 01-10-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #5   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Thumbs up

Have you ever seen Lunar Legend Tsukihime? It is a different twist on the vampire. There's not too much action, but there is a good mystery and a good love story. I will say no more so not to spoil it. But I recommend the series.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #6   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
I agree it was a decent series. Owe by the ay all the new fall series have started and guess what MORE VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #7   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

No, I have not seen that.....when I saw the name I thought of Moon Phase, but google reveals its a totally different anime. I'll look it up.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #8   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

BTW, has anyone seen Hellsing Ultimate? I've heard mixed reviews.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #9   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I heard it was just the initial episodes revamped. Didn't seem worth my time to investigate further.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

oioi, you guys better not be leading me astray with this Tsukihime anime. That first episode was like watching paint dry.
Witch Hunter Robin was positively fast paced compared to this...

EDIT:

Have completed the series. Holy crap are you disqualified from ever recommending Anime again, MeMyself. That was horrendous. Everytime I heard a string instrument or piano I'd start going insane because it meant I was about to endure another pointless empty conversation, another slow pan, another slow motion scene...
Not a single character in that anime had any energy. I'll agree that it was pretty and nice, but I felt like *I* was anemic by the end. Even the opening sequence makes me wanna go to sleep. I'll now consider Vampire Knight, Witch Hunter Robin, Maria Sama ga Miteru and several other series to be action packed rollercoaster of plot development.

God I hated those conversations. Every response was basically "huh?" or evading the question (like person a: "where you on that ship?" person B: "ship?"). Tedious.

Last edited by Pengi_Ken-Ohki; 08-10-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Finished the series
Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #11   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Yeah, I found it tedious as well. Especially that scene where one girl is sucking blood from another girl's breast. Who would want to watch anything like that!

Seriously, Lunar Legend Tsukihime is one for the mind. It has a great story, but you have to watch it with your brain as well as your eyes. The mystery kept me guessing and the plot twists kept me off balance. It remains one of my favorites.

Are you sure you gave it a chance?

OK. Maybe this one is not for everybody. But I liked it.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #12   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

My mind is functional...thats why my mind was saying "the director is cheating....he is using classical instruments to excuse slow pans, slow motion, and still scenes. Its true that vampires are eternal and the main character is anemic, but there is no reason to punish the viewer like this even if its to develop empathy. The director is skimping on the budget plain and simple and dumbasses everywhere are going to excuse him for it because they think that 'dignity' means 'slow motion'"
Old 08-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #13   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
What about my recommendation Ken? You completely ignored it... Have you already seen the Master of Mosquiton OVA?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #14   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki View Post
My mind is functional...thats why my mind was saying "the director is cheating....he is using classical instruments to excuse slow pans, slow motion, and still scenes. Its true that vampires are eternal and the main character is anemic, but there is no reason to punish the viewer like this even if its to develop empathy. The director is skimping on the budget plain and simple and dumbasses everywhere are going to excuse him for it because they think that 'dignity' means 'slow motion'"
Well if you were expecting non-stop action with blood gushing everywhere, then I can see how you would be disappointed. To me, there was more of a storyline than you find in most action animes, and that appealed to me. LLT is not for everyone. I grant you that. But there are quite a few who do like this series.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:20 AM   #15   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
What about my recommendation Ken? You completely ignored it... Have you already seen the Master of Mosquiton OVA?
No, not yet. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time Im looking..atm I have too much on my plate.