Old 17-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #16   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
I recently saw Black Blood Brothers and it was good. It's short too at 12 episodes.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #17   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Maybe you have heard of blood+, kind of based off of the ova, but I didn't like it much so wouldn't recommend it, right now there are a few vampire series going on, currently watching vampire knight season 2(quilty) which isn't much of an improvement on season 1, which in turns is a big dissapointment. There is another new serie with vampire as a theme which might be promising if you can bear the first 2 episode of Kurozuka, a new vampire who awaken to a new world after his head is severed by his trusted servant/friend. Then there is ultraviolet 044 which is like vampirisme only then with clones that fights them, pretty outerages in term of sillyness(not in a good way), not what I would recommend either. Rosario + vampire capu is in their second season, pretty much the typical harem animes with a vampire and most of the urban legends you heard of, lots of bouncy breast and panty shots.

Last edited by Takahashi; 21-10-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #18   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Hmmmmm

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #19   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Having seen the first season of Rosario+Vampire, Im not in a rush to do that to myself again. God..they had such a regular but uniquely interesting idea..and then they completely dropped the ball by having every conflict resolved by "accidentally" removing the pendant each time. LAAAME.

I'll make a note of the others though, thanks.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #20   [permalink]
Kurai Kodomo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Kurai Kodomo Send a message via AIM to Kurai Kodomo
Blood the last Vampire is an excelent movie if you haven't seen that one yet. I highly recomend it...
Old 22-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #21   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I don't consider Blood+ to technically be of the vampire genre. Still it is a very good series. I recommend it. It was aired in the US on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. They still own the US broadcast rights, but they refuse to re-air it. Adult Swim is funny that way.

Despite what you may have heard, Blood+ is not a sequal to Blood: The Last Vampire. The creator of Blood+ did take a few concepts from The Last Vampire, as well as a few of the character names, and came up with an entirely different, independent storyline that has nothing to do with Last Vampire.

As for Last Vampire, I do not recommend it. It does have action, but little plot. It has a back story that really needed to be told, but its 60 minute run time results in a movie that is rushed and pointless. It would have worked better as a series in which there would have been time to go into the backstory. Actually, this was to be part 1 of a trilogy, but parts 2 and 3 were never made. I would skip The Last Vampire.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #22   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Last Vampire was the one with the 3d graphics and the high school girl in a U.S base in Japan or something right? I vaguely recall something like that.

Not sure if I have seen Blood+
Old 23-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #23   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

There were no 3-D graphics in the version of The Last Vampire I saw.

There is a vampire named Saya who hates humans, but for some reason is protecting them against bat-like creatures called chiroptorans -- although at the end she sympathizes with the chiroptorans she is sworn to kill. This would all be explained in the back-story, had they written one. She poses as a high school girl on a US military base in Japan, where for some reason the chiroptorans are about to attack. I guess this would have been explained in the back story as well.

In Blood+, there is also a girl named Saya who kills chiroptorans, although the pronounciation of chiroptoran is different in the English version of the two. But this Saya likes the human race, although. . . . I won't say more. It would spoil it for you.

Outside of a girl named Saya, bat-like creatures, and the names of two other characters, the two stories have nothing in common.
Old 24-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #24   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

3d by the standards of the time... I think there was a 3d subway scene
Old 26-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #25   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
There were no 3-D graphics in the version of The Last Vampire I saw.

There is a vampire named Saya who hates humans, but for some reason is protecting them against bat-like creatures called chiroptorans -- although at the end she sympathizes with the chiroptorans she is sworn to kill. This would all be explained in the back-story, had they written one. She poses as a high school girl on a US military base in Japan, where for some reason the chiroptorans are about to attack. I guess this would have been explained in the back story as well.

In Blood+, there is also a girl named Saya who kills chiroptorans, although the pronounciation of chiroptoran is different in the English version of the two. But this Saya likes the human race, although. . . . I won't say more. It would spoil it for you.

Outside of a girl named Saya, bat-like creatures, and the names of two other characters, the two stories have nothing in common.
My memories are kinda foggie when it comes to animes I don't really like, but didn't the blood+ saya also lives with an ex-military in okinawa, which has a US military base, which are the ones developping the chiroptans for military use? Conveniently she lost her memories in this serie, so they didn't deal with the I hate humans part.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #26   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
My memories are kinda foggie when it comes to animes I don't really like, but didn't the blood+ saya also lives with an ex-military in okinawa, which has a US military base, which are the ones developping the chiroptans for military use? Conveniently she lost her memories in this serie, so they didn't deal with the I hate humans part.
I don't want to give too much away. But when the series opens, Saya is living with her adopted family. Her adoptive father is an American ex-GI now running a diner in Okinawa. He has also adopted two boys. Saya has no memory of her past, but she now fits in well and loves her adopted family. Much of the first season involves her memory returning. She doesn't hate humans. TLV Saya is the one who lacks people skills.
Old 28-10-2008, 02:57 AM   #27   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Not sure if I'd watch it, but I was reading about this naime series called "Chibi Vampire", a series about a sailor-suited vampire teenager who produces so much blood that she has to inject it into other people with her fangs, or she gets nosebleeds... Sounds either really stupid or really awesome...

Also, there's a new series out called Moon Phase. Looks pretty terrible from the trailer though...
Old 29-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #28   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

"New" series?
Old 29-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #29   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Not sure if I'd watch it, but I was reading about this naime series called "Chibi Vampire", a series about a sailor-suited vampire teenager who produces so much blood that she has to inject it into other people with her fangs, or she gets nosebleeds... Sounds either really stupid or really awesome...
I've heard of the manga. I think it's aimed at 14-year-old girls.

Can you imagine what she can pass on acting like that? All sorts of illnesses, including AIDS!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #30   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Started watching "Master of Mosquiton". Quite old, I'm interested to know how many of my favourite anime may have been influenced by this series. The Mosquiton reminds me of Vash/Priest Abel and the girl definitely reminds me of the similar redhead from Kare Kano.