Old 27-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #1   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Afro samurai: resurrections

Major spoiler alert, don't even read beyond this if you hate spoilers.

Spoiler:

I just watch it and have to say a few things about it. Coming off from such a violent and rediculous bloody ending in the mini serie, this one is kinda soft and really off of what I was expecting. Though they are gearing us for a major grand finale fight with the crazy hot chick, well that fight never happened, still don't know why cause they said earlier in the mini serie that you cannot even challenge the number one without the number two headband cause well the number one would simply not die(something about omnipotent and imortal), guess that does not applies to clones. So at the ending she dies really awkwardly easy, one stab and she was gone, that wasn't even a fight, if it was a boss fight you would have screamed death and murder, break the disc and vowed never to play the stupid game again, kinda lameness. So you were kinda hoping the father son fight wouldn't be such a let down, guess what wrong again, you see them going to fight and that was it, poof and there was no fight, with afro walking away and gave the number 2 headband to some kid to take revenge on him. There some cyborg actions but nothing out of the ordinary except it suprised me that they could see and shot afro imaginary friend, maybe that was just afro way of dealing with the situation by imagining shooting the noisy bastard so he can concentrate on the fight.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #2   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I watched it. It just wasn't my thing.
Old 31-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #3   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I haven't watched it. But it doesn't sound like my thing.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #4   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Since I don't want to read the Spoiler, I'm not going to read it. But is Afro Samurai: Resurrections a new Anime or is it the Game?
Old 15-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #5   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Originally Posted by Wolfpac View Post
Since I don't want to read the Spoiler, I'm not going to read it. But is Afro Samurai: Resurrections a new Anime or is it the Game?
There is a game that just came out but this is a new show. However i think Funimation had a hand in it so what to expect i dunno they always worry me!

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #6   [permalink]
bankaimaster

Send a message via MSN to bankaimaster
This is an amusing mini series and movie but it's way to slow and thats y I had to brows through the crappy parts ... series was amazing and good tho ... the movie not so much