Old 12-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #1   [permalink]
Jamirocry

Smile And another one found the web

Heya, Jams is the name. For quite a while now I've been both into webdevelopment and anime. It was about two months ago that I deceided I needed a little playground to develop my skills on several niches including script implementation, cms's and seo. On one of my impulsive days I got annoyed with a couple of advertisement loaded and unmaintained blog-like streaming sites, which made me decide to start a site of my own: http://www.animetastic.net.

Goal: Creating a community driven, high quality and advertisement free anime streaming website. There's your basic, down-to-earth anime index in the first place, as well as some more "unique" sections. First of all, there's anitube, a youtube-like interface that allows users to rate, comment, download and add videolinks from over 60 websites.

Second, and most important, there's the interactive fuzzlemuzzle. Registered users get to invite people, keep a list of their favorite shows and video's, add buddies and friends, keep a guestbook, upload pictures to a gallery and more. This goes together with a system where people can earn points and medals for being active, adding video's, competing in events and other stuff.

Besides these features, there's ofcourse your forum and chatango, an anime release calender and a few other things. In two months time, I think I'm doing pretty well. I've got a near-800 members base with currently roughly 40 - 50 sign ups a day and over 2,5K of unique daily visitors.

I'm lacking one thing: active members. Members sign up and all, join in in the chat, comment and rate, but that's where it ends. Not much of 'em actually add video's, make use of the community features or go active at the forums.

I would love to hear what my site needs to improve on that specific point, as well as what's good and what could be better in general. So, please drop by at http://www.animetastic.net whenever you've got the time, and let me know what you think - either if it's great or not-so-great.

Thanks!

Jams
Jamirocry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #2   [permalink]
Jamirocry

*bump*
Old 26-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #3   [permalink]
Jamirocry

Anyone wanna review this, please?

Tags