Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #31   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Firstly, to stay on topic: Tenjho Tengo sounds like your typical stupid-things-happen-in-high-school anime. I'm not into this kind of stuff anymore; I probably never was into this kind of stuff. I mean, high school's way in the distant past now for me; give me a more mature setting.

Originally Posted by cool2burn View Post
Hey sunshine im not the one who got hit with the banstick for being a duche!
So let's see, the two labels you use, namely "sunshine" and "duche" (sic), are the same as the ones Pen2 and 724911 used recently to address me. In addition, you linked to a picture from another website.

You are one of the most creative posters in the history of Internet forums; a true credit to all people online. Good job!

I will say this though: no matter the quality of your posts, I must commend you on actually making the strenuous effort to post. Burny boy, what do you think of all those people that come here and don't post? Don't you find them very, very strange? For example, members like Spider66SIC, Gundam_pilot01 and Kishuu wouldn't post if their lives depended on it. Just weird.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 12-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #32   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Tenjho Tengo is not simply a "stupid-things-that-happen-in-high-school" anime. There is more to it. It does touch on themes of loyalty, vengance, duty, etc. But that being said, granted there are other animes which touch on the same themes and do it much better.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #33   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
Tenjho Tengo is not simply a "stupid-things-that-happen-in-high-school" anime. There is more to it. It does touch on themes of loyalty, vengance, duty, etc. But that being said, granted there are other animes which touch on the same themes and do it much better.
Im sorry for taking this off topic people like jhn and his never ending stupid quest irratiates me illl stay discussing this.

Well i dont think this was really a stupid thing in school anime per say i think it was more about fighting if you want to see the best ever stupid thing in high school anime check out azumanga dahio.

As for you John Dont dish it out if you cant take it!

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #34   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
Yes, but so does Dragonball Z, Beyblade, Tenchi is Useless and Alfred Jodocus Kwak. Does Tenjho Tengo explore these themes in any sort of depth, and I mean in more than a Byker Grove-esque kind of way?

Im sorry for taking this off topic people like jhn and his never ending stupid quest irratiates me illl stay discussing this.
What are you talking about? What quest?

Well i dont think this was really a stupid thing in school anime per say i think it was more about fighting if you want to see the best ever stupid thing in high school anime check out azumanga dahio.
I've consciously avoided Azumanga Daioh precisely because, you know, I don't get a kick out of watching typical middle-class kids waste their education acting the giddy goat. If you do get a kick out of doing that, just become a high school teacher. .

As for you John Dont dish it out if you cant take it!
I dished out a compliment in my last post: "I must commend you on actually making the strenuous effort to post." So sure thing, I can take any compliments which you throw at me . And you didn't answer my question about other members who come here and never post. It's a weird phenomenon, eh? .

Last edited by John Faulkner; 14-06-2009 at 08:25 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #35   [permalink]
Riabear11

Send a message via AIM to Riabear11 Send a message via MSN to Riabear11 Send a message via Yahoo to Riabear11
Uhmm well to tell the truth, this sounds like a good anime. I otta check it outtt. x3
Old 15-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #36   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
Yes, but so does Dragonball Z, Beyblade, Tenchi is Useless and Alfred Jodocus Kwak. Does Tenjho Tengo explore these themes in any sort of depth, and I mean in more than a Byker Grove-esque kind of way?
Well, they try. As I said before, I have seen it done better. That is why I only give the series an average rating.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #37   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Originally Posted by Riabear11 View Post
Uhmm well to tell the truth, this sounds like a good anime. I otta check it outtt. x3
Yes you should. And so should I.......eventually.......one day........maybe......
kamikazefstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #38   [permalink]
bankaimaster

Send a message via MSN to bankaimaster
One of my fav anime's of all time ... love it ... bit short but goooood. Is this ever gonna continue ?