Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
Happy birthday AB! Stay classy.
Old 25-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #17   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
By internet standards we're eligible for a pension by now, surely. Free walking frames for all!
Old 25-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #18   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

Back to the old "Blue", I see

Whoah, LiDDoDrAgOn! *pinches cheeks*

Nice to see people still hanging around readingt he notification e-mails...
Old 29-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #19   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

David Ikari,
Coign,
oppa,
mrgazpacho

Really great to see more of the older members coming back and posting! Especially on AnimeBoards's long-waited 9th Birthday.

But how about you guys post some more? I mean, you're not going to just post some birthday greeting once every year are you?

I would fully encourage you all to try and make at least one post whenever you come here. We already have too many members who come here and just don't seem to post for some reason, and these are just riddles wrapped up in an enigma. .
Old 30-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #20   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I'm actually surprised that Animeboards hasn't been shut down by now. But it is good to see the old place up and running still. 10 years next year. Where has our lives gone?
Old 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #21   [permalink]
David Ikari
Forum Master

John Faulkner - I would be posting more, but I fizzled out with the whole "living in the net" thing one or two years ago. I've only used my PC lately to watch films or find more ludology texts.

I first joined as a 16 year old who skipped class to browse the net and post on AB from inside a cage. AB taught me a lot of things I didn't know I needed to know about living, and now I'm doing that.

I'm 25 years old and am finding there's things in the world I didn't know I needed to know. I plan to devote more time to that. I'll post as I flit through, and will always take pleasure out of coming back in a years time and seeing people making use of the boards. And also be energized in my efforts by seeing that George still keeps AB going. But I doubt I'll ever be as prolific a poster as I used to be. ^^
Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #22   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by David Ikari View Post
John Faulkner - I would be posting more, but I fizzled out with the whole "living in the net" thing one or two years ago. I've only used my PC lately to watch films or find more ludology texts.
If you're into films and games, then why not post in the GNAD and Computer Games forums here? Nobody's asking for you to post every day - that's a misconception peddled by my critics - but you know, how about making one measly post whenever you stop by? I've always said that if all members do that, this place would be pretty active, because we always have about 20 members coming every day, but most of them don't post.

I'm 25 years old and am finding there's things in the world I didn't know I needed to know. I plan to devote more time to that. I'll post as I flit through, and will always take pleasure out of coming back in a years time and seeing people making use of the boards.
Yes, I know what you mean - I'm older than 25 yrs and there's still plenty of ---- to do before I meet my maker. However, I still find it possible to make a few posts here now and then.

And also be energized in my efforts by seeing that George still keeps AB going. But I doubt I'll ever be as prolific a poster as I used to be. ^^
George's immense dedication is enough to inspire anyone; us older members don't have time to be as prolific as we used to be, but it would be just rewards for George if we can make the effort to create a reasonable amount of posts a year. If a few of us start posting more regularly, we can inspire others to do likewise, possibly leading to a snowball effect. .

Last edited by John Faulkner; 03-07-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 19-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #23   [permalink]
Darkandiel

Send a message via MSN to Darkandiel
Oops! I am soooo late for the party.

New layout looks great George, nice job. =)
Old 22-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #24   [permalink]
Elhaym
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Elhaym
Yes, happy birthday, online community. You have always been here for me when I was bored at school or bored at home or bored at work. I like you.
Also, I am pleased that John Faulkner has the sensational ability to turn any thread topic towards promoting his cause. Good work, John Faulkner.

ATTN: DEAR,

HOW ARE YOU? HOPE FINE, MEANWHILE, I AM MR JAMAL YOUSEF THE MANAGER OF AUDIT AND ACCOUNTANCY DEPARTMENT BANK OF AFRICA (BOA) OUAGA, BF WEST AFRICA
Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #25   [permalink]
Brutus

happy (belated) Birthday!!

Tags
animeboards birthday