Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #1   [permalink]
Hardcover

Hardcover's in the house

Hey there, Hardover here, new member and all that jazz. I'm an anime manga fan from way back and a fanfic writer. I've been writing mostly hentai, but I've lately been confident enough of my ability to drag distaff elements together to begin giving regular story telling a try, and I'm looking for an appreciative community. I'll warn you though, I write long, most of my stuff clocking in at rather high page counts, but I'm hoping to be entertaining enough.

Anyways, I'm been into anime and manga for a long time. Allow me then, to take you back: Back before cell phones. Back before roller blades. Back before the internet. Back to a time when ten dollars could fill up your gas tank and Micheal Jackson was still black. I was wandering around my local comic shop some time in the late 80s (this was back when there still were local comic shops. Now I have to drive twenty minutes to get to a decent one), bored with the usual Marvel product and looking for something different. I looked off to my right and spotted a picture of two girls in skimpy outfits with huge eyes being menaced by a gun, and I was intrigued. What I had discovered was an issue of Adam Warren's second Dirty Pair comic, and I had discovered the manga style. The next thing I found was Ben Dunn's Ninja High School, and both of these inspired me to look for the real thing. Akira, Outlanders, and 3x3 Eyes were about the only stuff available back then, but I got hooked. I soon became a hopeless and proud card carrying otaku, back in the days when to see any anime we all had to crowd around a tenth generation dub of one episode of Mobile Suit Gundam in Japanese language only that I'd already seen before in an inferior version. But persistance and networking kept us in the loop.

Anyways, lemme wrap this up (I warned you, I wright long). Favorite anime that comes to mind: Last Exile, Akira, Tenchi Muyo, The Third, Cowboy Bebop, Gravion, Death Note, Urotsukidoji, 3x3 Eyes, Dirty Pair.

Current favorite manga: Pretty Face, Gatcha Gatcha: The Next Revolution, Dance In The Vampire Bund.

Anyways, I hope you'll all make me feel welcome.
Hardcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #2   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tsunami-X
We're horrible at making people feel welcome, but welcome!
Hope you enjoy the entertaining, philosophical and often humorous discussions we engage in. And don't worry about writing too much, John has you beat. He's like the resident polygamist or something like that.

Tsunami-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #3   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Hardcover
Hey there, Hardover here, new member and all that jazz. I'm an anime manga fan from way back and a fanfic writer. I've been writing mostly hentai, but I've lately been confident enough of my ability to drag distaff elements together to begin giving regular story telling a try, and I'm looking for an appreciative community. I'll warn you though, I write long, most of my stuff clocking in at rather high page counts, but I'm hoping to be entertaining enough.
Welcome. We're a mature community that strives to become one of the best anime messageboards around. What distinguishes us from other messageboards. Well ...

a) Mature members that don't subscribe to the toilet humour found on the Internet.

b) Literate and intelligent discussions.

c) Fantastic moderating team that is fair and lenient, especially with regards to free speech.

Long, entertaining and interesting posts are exactly what we're looking for. However, I'm not sure whether the rules permit hentai fanfics, because we tend to look down upon hentai.

Originally Posted by Hardcover
Anyways, I'm been into anime and manga for a long time. Allow me then, to take you back: Back before cell phones. Back before roller blades. Back before the internet. Back to a time when ten dollars could fill up your gas tank and Micheal Jackson was still black.
A mature member is exactly what we need. . My first anime was over 20 yrs ago. Michael Jackson was still black, although possibly still mentally retarded.

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X View Post
We're horrible at making people feel welcome,
No we're not. We're a warm and friendly community that are light years ahead of other juvenile anime messageboards.

entertaining, philosophical and often humorous discussions we engage in.
That is what AnimeBoards is all about. .

And don't worry about writing too much, John has you beat.
Just a sign of how literate the AnimeBoards community is. .

He's like the resident polygamist or something like that.
Even though my dashing good looks and razor-sharp intellect, coupled with my ability to be a brilliant raconteur, can win over any number of women and any woman in the entire world, I am not a polygamist. First, I don't subscribe to a polygamist set of ideals such as Islam or those of the FLDS Church. Second, can you imagine more than one woman nagging you all day?

Last edited by John Faulkner; 04-07-2009 at 09:20 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #4   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Welcome, Hardcover!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #5   [permalink]
Hardcover

Originally Posted by John Faulkner View Post
However, I'm not sure whether the rules permit hentai fanfics, because we tend to look down upon hentai.
You might want to read my post a little closer: I've been writing hentai, but I feel confident enough in my abilities now to try my hand at regular fiction. What I'm working on now would probably be a PG-13 or TV-14.

But please don't look down on me just because I like hentai. I won't apologize for what I enjoy, and if your really so high minded and philosophical on this site as you're saying, then I would expect you to me more tolerant, and not try to marginalize other members just because they make no bones about when they happen to enjoy.

Most of my hentai fics have tended to by fairly story heavy, and I've grown confident enough, as I said, in my abilities to pull all the distaff elements I'm writing about into a cohesive whole that I believe I can try my hand at other material.
Hardcover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #6   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Originally Posted by Hardcover View Post
But please don't look down on me just because I like hentai. I won't apologize for what I enjoy, and if your really so high minded and philosophical on this site as you're saying, then I would expect you to me more tolerant, and not try to marginalize other members just because they make no bones about when they happen to enjoy.
John Faulkner speaks for himself alone.

But I'm guessing what he intended to say was that PG-13-level discussion is about right for the purposes of this forum.

Last edited by dheu; 05-07-2009 at 10:09 PM.
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #7   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by dheu View Post

But I'm guessing what he intended to say was that PG-13-level discussion is about right for the purposes of this forum.

It can get a little R rated sometimes

Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #8   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

You might want to read my post a little closer: I've been writing hentai, but I feel confident enough in my abilities now to try my hand at regular fiction. What I'm working on now would probably be a PG-13 or TV-14.
Mills & Boon stuff?

We are indeed a philosophical and high-minded community, and to that end, we are willing to intelligently debate the pros and cons of hentai; if you so wish to debate this issue, then feel free to start a thread in the General and Other Anime sub-forum. It will surely be a great thread.

As for marginalisation, do not fear. Only fear the truth, the unshakeable truth that stands tall and shines brilliantly in the darkest corners of Gehenna, though it be assailed by all the demons of this earthly existence.

Hardcover, AnimeBoards is a messageboard with a rich history engraved in the sands of time. Let me give you an indication of how great this ancient civilization once was in times of yore. Anime-Suki is apparently one of the hottest anime messageboards around today. But before it was even born, AnimeBoards was the place to be; AnimeBoards was the thriving empire that swept all challengers under its unstoppable spiked wheels. We were the supreme rulers of anime messageboards and our influence reached far and wide into foreign lands - and all who heard the Good News believed. We believed in an indomitable spirit that transcends the mere individual typing on a keyboard, the spirit that forms an ethereal bridge to an ineffable dimension comparable in breadth and depth to the Paschal Mystery.

Hardcover, our empire has fallen on hard times, but our Lord Eva2k (admin) has recently reconstructed the battered castle (upgraded the forums) and given fresh impetus for the revival of the great AnimeBoards Spirit. You, by posting intelligent, passionate and entertaining posts, can be part of this truly pulsating adventure into the Great Unknown. Watch out for exciting community-based events such as quiz nights and the chance to contribute to the Eschatology of AnimeBoards (I will chair the latter sessions).

Welcome wanderer, to our Great Heritage.

With mighty wings shall we soar;
with a proud heart shall we fight.
The greatest evil cannot hurt us;
for we are of the purest soul.

D'ya know what I mean?

Takahashi and Pengi probably frown upon hentai. Eva2k does not like hentai either, and I'd wager a fair number of the mods don't. dheu, once you immerse yourself in the rich world of AnimeBoards, you begin to realise the extraordinary depth of people's souls here, and you will realise that what I speak stands for the Spirit of AnimeBoards.

Besides, you into hentai or something? Is that why you feel the need to admonish me in the presence of a intelligent new member that could become an outstanding addition to our AB society? What gives? .

I think AnimeBoards should aim for timeless discussions that cross the barriers falsely constructed by our senses. This takes us beyond merely contemplating what "age" our discussions are aimed at.

What's so funny? dheu just publically criticized me and it ill behooves anyone to condone that, for the sake of our Country of AnimeBoards.

It can get a little R rated sometimes
You're kidding right? How are the discussions here anything near R-rated?

Last edited by John Faulkner; 06-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #9   [permalink]
Tsunami-X
Forum Elite

All i'm gonna say is "Wonder Woman" thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #10   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Firstly, hardcover, it is a real joy to see you posting more. Rest assured that the Spirit of AnimeBoards will remember you if you continue to proceed down this path to Beatification.

The world is sin,
But we are of kith and kin,
And are thus justified within
By the shared Wisdom of Elohim.

All i'm gonna say is "Wonder Woman" thread
What's so R-rated about that thread? Just some woman in a cartoon getting the beat-down from some ugly, generic beef-cake.