Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1   [permalink]
IchiFro3

List of the Best Anime

I found this site on digg that claims to have the best list of anime, do you guys agree with what this website picked? I don't because Bleach isn't on it but there's SOME good anime. I haven't even heard about a lot of these so maybe he has weird taste.

http://bestanimeshows.blogspot.com/

Mah Source: http://digg.com/comics_animation/Best_Anime_Shows
IchiFro3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #2   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I can agree to most of the blogger choices, Bleach hasn't been good after there 80th something eps, they just drag on and on without any real progress or purpose.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #3   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Yeah, I agree with most of them too. Which series haven't you heard of, IchiFro3? The series that the blogger has chosen are pretty much a who's-who of anime series in the last five or six years. It's a bit heavy on more recent anime series, but that's pretty standard for these kind of lists.

I love that he/she had these series on there:
12 Kingdoms
Kino's Journey
Now and Then, Here and There
Mushishi
Noein
Gankutsuou
Last Exile
Infinite Ryvius
Fantastic Children
Fumoffu
Mononoke
Haibane Renmei
Azumanga Daioh
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Darker than Black
Toward the Terra
and Cowboy Bebop, of course

All he needed on there was Ouran High School Host Club, and our tastes would be pretty much the same.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:18 AM   #4   [permalink]
ltorrent

I've similar list of best anime, I've downloaded it from somewhere I do not remember, here it is: http://bayimg.com/image/oadklaacl.jpg. This list is genre sorted, so it's a little easy to find anime to look in it.

So, I've watched some of them and I think that they are really GOOD. But, my favorite one, Elfen Lied, is not listed here... so there are really many OTHER GOOD anime, this list is far from complete...
ltorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #5   [permalink]
Project Akira
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to Project Akira
My problem with this list is how new most of those series are. The oldest on there are the Tenchi OVAs. It's like anime didn't exist before 1991. I think this list needs to have more older series on there to be a more comprehensive list. I'm not going to argue with the classics that are on there like Evangelion and Escaflowne but there are shows on there that are pretty recent that if it had been me, I would have waited a little while before listing.
Project Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I agree with about 70% of the list. The ones that I don't feel are the best are:

Bamboo Blade
Shigofumi
IGPX
Noein
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Bartender
Princess Tutu
Druaga

While I like the shows I mentioned, they didn't leave a lasting impact on me. I wouldn't classify them as "must-watch" anime.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #7   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
What?! No love for Fumoffu?! No love for Noein?!

Oh well. I loved them enough for the both of us, I guess. Especially Fumoffu!!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Originally Posted by dheu View Post
What?! No love for Fumoffu?! No love for Noein?!

Oh well. I loved them enough for the both of us, I guess. Especially Fumoffu!!
Hehe! I liked them both actually, I just don't consider them the "best" anime around IMO.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #9   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
im quite surprised by the list actually i mean how many people have watched Planets and Kino's Journey? Not many have and i love both of those series. im actually surprised The THird wasnt on there except for the ending it was a pretty good series i think

overall i have to agree with a few of you on the fact that the list needs some more vintage anime. like why isnt Robotech (Macross ) mentioned? or the Slayers' series?
Old 17-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #10   [permalink]
ryuzaki0129

Send a message via Yahoo to ryuzaki0129
i think it is not fair that BLEACH did not included in the author's blog because BLEACH is really awesome! i don't know why the author of that blog did not feel the essence of the story or even the story itself? but wait he included DEATHNOTE my other favorite manga and anime. . . is it fascinating that someone like yagami light did posses deathnote and kill criminals just writing their names? well, just my points of view. . . (cool isn't it)
ryuzaki0129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #11   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Bleach felt like dragonballz all over again, boring fights that spand several episodes, endless chain of fillers, people never seem to stay dead which is contradictionary considering the whole deathgod thing, annoying side characters, boobs jokes... yep the making of a classic.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #12   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
Bleach felt like dragonballz all over again, boring fights that spand several episodes, endless chain of fillers, people never seem to stay dead which is contradictionary considering the whole deathgod thing, annoying side characters, boobs jokes... yep the making of a classic.
My thoughts exactly ... Bleach and Naruto could have been great if it did not suffer from the monstrosity that the francise made it. Kind of like government gone bad ... self perpetuation for reasons other than the original goal.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #13   [permalink]
onedrunkduck

Last Exile
Infinite Ryvius
Fantastic Children
Fumoffu
Mononoke
Haibane Renmei
Azumanga Daioh

these are the best ones
onedrunkduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #14   [permalink]
Zemlianika

Send a message via MSN to Zemlianika
Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post

Never really sat down to watch dragon ball Z. But Bleach is awesome!

You can't diss Ichigo like that. He saxii