Old 20-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Wink Girls Bravo

OK. This is kind of a silly, inconsequential anime, but it has some well defined characters and is just weird enough to hold my interest. I completed the first of six discs, episodes 1-4.

In episode 1 we meet Yukinari, a high school student who is a bit on the small side. Heís been bullied by girls his whole life, and develops a rash whenever one is near enough to touch him. Somehow his bathtub is an opening to another planet, called Seiren, where women outnumber men 9 to 1, which makes Yukinari a hotly demanded item. Yukinari is befriended by a girl named Miharu, who accidentally travels back to Earth with him. The rest of the series involves the misadventures of Yukinari as he tries to look after the all-to-innocent Miharu.

We meet some other interesting comic characters. Thereís Kirie, the hot headed girl next door who secretly is in love with Yukinari. Thereís Fukuhara, the tallest, best looking and richest guy in school, not to mention the most perverted. Then thereís Lisa, Fukuharaís little sister who dabbles in the occult and is convinced that Yukinari is her intended.

Iím not going to spend much time with this series. Itís not exactly heavy material, though there is more than a fair share of fan service to look at. I watched both the English and Japanese dubs for disc 1. Iím sticking with only the English for the rest of the series. There is really no hidden meaning which requires you to watch an episode more than once.

If you have anything to say on this series, PLEASE NO SPOILERS!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

In my previous post, I forgot to mention one of the highlights of disc 1 -- Miharu eating her first banana. Let's just say the kids should NOT be allowed to watch this one.

Anyway, I finished disc 2. It seems that Miharu is not the only one who can travel to Earth from Seiren via Yukinari's bathtub. It just means more trouble for Yukinari. Although it does seem that for a guy who is afraid of girls, he does seem to attract some hot babes.

So through the first 8 episodes, I can say that this is not a great anime, but it is just entertaining enough to hold my interest. I will see it through. So far it is no worse than average.

More after I watch disc 3.
Old 25-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I finished disc 3, which has the last three episodes of season 1 and the first episode of season 2. There were two seasons?

Anyway, things have sort of bogged down. There is really no plot development going on here, as there is no plot. Each episode is devised to get the characters, mostly the girls, naked. Nothing wrong with that, but it does get a bit old after a while. But there is a hint of romance in episode 1 of season 2, so I will stick with the series. Maybe it will get interesting.
Old 28-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I just finished disc 4, the next four episodes. The series is trying hard to tell a story, but the writers just won't let it! There are some tender moments between Yukinari and Miharu, but there is no follow-up. There is some interesting character development with Fukuhara, however. But I have a feeling I know what direction that will take.

But I am now committed to the rest of the series, for better or for worse.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #5   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
It diddnt look very good so i never gave it a chance im glad i diddnt

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #6   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

What I like about Girls Bravo is that there are about four or five storylines going through the series.

What I don't like about Girls Bravo is that most of the episodes ignore the storylines.

Well, I completed disc 5, episodes 17-20. Anything resembling a plot seems at first to have vanished. Episode 19 was interesting. All of the characters go out of character in a totally unrelated-to-the-rest-of-the-series tale about jewell thieves in England.

But wait! What's going on in episode 20? They've picked up two of the storylines again! There is one disc and four episodes left. I don't think I will see the series' plot again until episode 24. I might as well finish this thing.

Last edited by MeMyself; 30-12-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #7   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I took advantage of my day off to finish the series. Disc 6 contains episodes 21-24. In episode 22, the creators of Girls Bravo realize that they only have three episodes to devote to the various storylines that they've been ignoring for most of the previous 21 chapters. As a result, they pretty much rush through everything. Although the ending is pretty good. Episode 24 is the only one that really contains anything resembling action. They also rush through the explanation as to why the bad guys are doing what they are doing to Miharu.

Although I liked the ending. . . . Well, face it. Not all the episodes in this series are very interesting. Most of the creative energy is devoted to getting the female characters naked, but even that gets old halfway through the first season. Still, you occasionally find an entertaining moment.

There are sure enough lesbian references.

I guess I will rate this one average. It could have been better, and I only felt like I was wasting my time half the time.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #8   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Girl's Bravo, what you see on the cover is what you get.

And I wouldn't want it any other way
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote