Old 19-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Thumbs up Rewatching Witch Hunter Robin

I saw this series on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim a few years back. I just finished renting it from Netflix. I wanted to see it in the original Japanese and to see it uncut.

First off, there does not seem to have been anything cut from when it was on AS. Only back then AS did not show the openings of their series. That was so they could add an extra commercial or two. Shame. The opening sequence is quite good, and with a good opening theme. It certainly makes Robin look like she has the hots for Amon.

As for watching the original Japanese, unless you know the language I would not recommend it. That is because the subtitles are very long and don't stay on the screen that long. There is little in the subtitles anyway that is not in the English version. The differences are minor, so I switched to English half-way through.

WHR is still a good story. There is not much that you get the second time through that you may have missed the first time watching. But it is still entertaining. There were a few story elements I forgot about, so it was worth a second look.

There is something puzzling about the last episode after the credits roll. I don't want to get into it in this thread because it would be a spoiler. So if anyone else wants to discuss it, I will start another thread.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote