Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Smile Parasite Dolls

Stuck at home with another snow day, and with the Post Office not delivering my mail, including my discs from Netflix (despite the roads and walkways being cleared), I decided to go on-line to Netflix and watch another anime.

So sometime in the near future, I think, androids known as Boomers live and work side by side with humans. Crimes involving Boomers are investigated by a secret division of the AD Police, whatever they are. This is the idea behind Parasite Dolls. There are three separate cases which this anime movie covers. The first is about Boomers turning rouge and attacking humans. The second involves the search for a serial killer murdering Boomer prostitutes. The final story is about a madman who wants to wipe all Boomers off the face of the Earth. All three have unexpected twists and turns.

There is a lot of action. The artwork and animation are very good. There is a fair amount of violence, and a few sex scenes. So keep this one away from the kids. The one problem is that you get no background information upfront, although a bit is given later on. As a result it took about 20-30 minutes for me to start to get into this DVD which runs just under 90 minutes.

Still, it is an entertaining watch. Parasite Dolls is not great, but it is technically well done and just dark enough for me to appreciate.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote