Old 16-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Lightbulb Blood+: The Japanese Dub

I've seen all of Blood+ when it aired on Adult Swim. I looked forward to watching it a second time, but they canned the series after repeating the first 5 or 6 episodes.

BTW, I am talking about Blood+, not Blood: The Last Vampire. For those who get confused, they are different animes with different characters and a different storyline. That's why I am not posting this under TLV.

Anyway, I wanted to rewatch the series so I rented it from Netflix. I've finished part 1, the first 25 episodes. I wanted to see the series uncut. I also wanted to see if there were any nuances in the Japanese dub that the English dub missed. Of course I am limited to the subtitles.

First of all, there are no scenes or shots that I do not recognize from the broadcasted version, so at least through the first 25 episodes, nothing was cut from the original.

The only thing I noticed in the Japanese dub that was not in the English dub is that when Saya's eyes turn red and she goes into her kill mode, her voice also changes.

The teasers about Riku are still there. All through the first part of the series they hint that there is more to Riku than meets the eye. But they never follow through. Maybe in the Japanese dub they will eventually explain what about Riku is so different.

Anyway, when I finish I will report back.

Last edited by MeMyself; 07-06-2010 at 09:58 PM.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I finished re-watching Blood+, with the Japanese dub. Sure enough we do get a partial, although lame, explanation as to why Riku seems to be sensitive to much of what only chiropterans are aware of. It seems that children are more sensitive. All children? I donít know. I donít think they thought this part out too well.

Other than what I mentioned in my first post, there is nothing really different about the Japanese dub -- except that Louis has no Caribbean accent -- or at least none that I can tell.

I was hoping for some clue as to what Nathanís game was. Obviously he was using Diva for his own purpose, other than what he claimed. I have the feeling the story is not totally over.

But in English or Japanese with subtitles, it was great to watch the entire series again..

MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote