Old 28-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #16   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Originally Posted by cool2burn View Post
Back in the days of when this book was written alot of the Main charaters and heros died at the end. Have you ever rad the little mermaid. Im not talking about the disney crap but the real book it had a horrible ending that would give children nightmares.
Seriously. That story was so sad, and I remember that the ending made me a little bit angry. Damn that prince!

Originally Posted by MeMyself View Post
For those who prefer a happy ending, check out the movie version with Robert Donat.
I'll definitely have to check that out! I've been so disappointed with movies for the Count of Monte Cristo. The most recent live action movie got it all wrong! Gankutsuou is so far the adaptation I'm the most satisfied with. It would be nice to see a movie that ended how the book did.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #17   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Gankutsuou is now being shown on Xfinity On-Demand -- for free! If you are a Comcast customer and you have not seen this series yet, here's your chance!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #18   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I just finished re-watching Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. It took a bit longer than I planned, since I was without power for a week.

Let me just say that in watching for a second time, this series loses nothing. Although I know how it will play out, I still find myself drawn in by the intrigue as plans for revenge are slowly carried out. This remains a great anime and one I fully recommend.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #19   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
I'm half way through this series, it's picking up. I'm not familiar with the Count of Monte Cristo (the book), so this is all new to me. I've heard this anime follows the book really well.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote