Old 17-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Arrow Durarara

Has anyone else been watching Durarara on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim? If so, have you figure out what this series is about?

I’ve watched the first four episodes, which have all been aired through last night. Overall, it is somewhat reminiscent of Boggiepop Phantom. But with Boggiepop Phantom there was a discernable, though not conventional, storyline. There is no real storyline connecting the first three episodes of Durarara. Episode 4 gives the history of the “Headless Rider,” but I am not sure if that will be the central point of the series or just a sub-plot or less. None of the characters we meet in episodes 1-3 are in this episode.

So what the heck am I watching here?

No spoilers, please -- assuming there is anything to spoil.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #2   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
This serie ended a long time ago, imo its one of the better show at he time, just be patient and everything will come together in due time. First few episode is just the introduction of the cast which isn't all that big, but will be somewhat intrigate, so they need some time to explain it all.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 02:23 AM   #3   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
It is accually tied to an older show that was awesome as well it even had a couple cameo's i wouldnt doudt it if you saw more of this show or a different story come of it.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I will keep watching for now. I do have a history of giving up too early on some animes. Many series do take their time in getting warmed up. Besides, it isn't costing me anything!
Old 15-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #5   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

OK. They are through episode 8, I think, and I still can't figure out what Diarrhea is supposed to be about. Opps, I mean Durararararararara. There is a continuing storyline about a headless Irish female spirit looking for her head, but they hardly spend any time on it.
Old 16-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #6   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
This show is accually kinda tied to baccano! which is an awesome anime from what i can tell it is set far into the future of where baccano took place however there are some character cameo's from baccano in durarara. How is this possible well it is but im not gonna give away any spoilers.

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote