Old 11-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Talking Sands of Destruction

Sands of Destruction has a lot of sand and everyone is talking destruction. The series is now on Comcast’s Xfinity On-Demand (free). I watched the first four episodes.

The world has a set social order. On the top, it seems are the beasts. These include kitty cats, froggies, wolves and such. Next come the man-beasts, who are what they sound like. Humans are on the bottom.

The Committee for World Salvation is after The Committee for World Destruction. The latter wants to destroy the world. Actually, the CWD consists of a single human teenager named Morte. Through fate, she brings a human waiter named Kyrie along for the ride. Also joining them by mistake is Toppy, a teddy-bear detective. How to describe Toppy? Well, you know Kon from Bleach? He would be like Kon if Kon could backup his big mouth with action, and if he had one eye. So what we have is a bad ass teddy bear.

Anyway, Morte has the Destruct Code. It is some sort of ball that can destroy the world if she ever figures out how to use it. In their travels, Morte, Kyrie and Toppy help people.

So there you have the gist of Sands of Destruction. It sounds like a mixture of brilliant and outright stupid. I haven’t made up my mind yet. I will continue watching for now and give my final review when the series ends, or before that if I get totally sick of it. Hopefully, Xfinity will show all the episodes and not skip any. I hope someone else watches so we can get another point of view.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #2   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
I just started watching this on Funimation's network On Demand. its good ... and it's been a while since ive watched a ( come along for an adventure) type of show. Its interesting but ive only seen 4 episodes so far.

i wonder if the Kyrie will ever learn to fight. Toppi is cool. he's a fiesty lil bear! and Morte is like a mix of the girl from Gurren Laggan ( her name escapes me but you know which one im thinking of....red hair...and ..large..boots) and the no nonsense attitude of the Major from Ghost in the shell series.

but yeah i hope they dont skip any. i would like to see all of this ...since nothing in the fall line up for anime this year intrests me. or is just to violent to watch......so this will do for now.

but thats just my perspective on the delightful series. oh...and i like that it's made by SEGA and I.G. productions ( same animators for Ghost in the shell: Stand alone Complex)
Old 20-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #3   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Episodes 5 and 6 are available as of last night on Xfinity On Demand. Anyone who missed episodes 1 and 2, sorry.

I never watched Gurren Laggan past the first two or three episodes. I did try, but for some reason it just turned me away.

I hope the character of Kyrie does grow somehow. I hope he doesn't turn into anyother Sinji from Neo-Genesis Evangeleon.

It is weird that the heros are trying to destroy the world.
Old 21-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #4   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
i think the whole " world destruction commity" is a mix of alot of things. I think it was a title given to Morte by the " World Salvation Commity" in order to chase her to the ends of the world w/o question. Morte is trying to Destroy the world because she does not know how to properly morn her loss. Not to mention that she hates beastmen which dose not surprise me considering how they treat the rest of Humanity.

and so with out any other options to change the world and her situation ...she decides to try and "destroy" it. which could mean that she wants to not "destroy" the world per say but wants to over turn the Beastman ruling structure.

but maybe im looking too much into it. XD
Old 22-11-2011, 08:27 AM   #5   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Steathassasn View Post
but maybe im looking too much into it. XD
I wouldn't know. I'm only up to episode 6.

Spoiler:
But we do find out in episode 6 that Morte's younger brother died fighting the beastmen.
Old 31-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #6   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I just finished watching the final episode of Sands of Destruction on Xfinity On-Demand. If anyone missed the series, Netflix does have it. Xfinity did show all the episodes, although they had episode 9 available before 8.

I stuck with the series because of its hint of darkness. First of all, Morte's name means death in Italian - I think. Besides, Morte is obviously in a great deal of emotional pain to want to destroy the world. But the darkness never really comes about. Instead what we get is a pretty good action adventure, although not one I would go out of my way to see again.

There are some twists in the final episode which are surprising, even though they were hinted at earlier. My only question is how much of Kyrie's past does he still remember at the very end. But I will go no further into that here. We are now getting into spoiler territory. If anyone wants to discuss that, we can start a spoiler thread.

In all, I rate Sands of Destruction as an average series. Most will enjoy it, but it won't exactly blow you away.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 AM   #7   [permalink]
cool2burn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to cool2burn Send a message via AIM to cool2burn Send a message via Yahoo to cool2burn
I thought it was ok i agree with you that it was nothing special

http://www.willworkformunchies.com/i...yStarDance.gif
cool2burn is offline   Reply With Quote