Old 22-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Smile Hell Girl: Two Mirrors

Hell Girl: Two Mirrors is the second season of Hell Girl. I had finished re-watching season 1 on Comcastís Xfinity On-Demand, when I found out the second and third seasons were on You Tube. I watch the first seven episodes of season two, then the series disappeared. But then I found it on the Anime Network website and Hulu.com. It plays better on Hulu, although you have to sit through some commercials. I just finished episode 13, so I am at the halfway point.

Anyway, Ai Enma is back with her team of demons to take vengeance for you. Ai's angst seems greater, but that may be because the stories are darker. Although starting in episode 10 there is some humor tossed in here and there. Episode 10 is much lighter than the others. A would-be, no talent movie director gets sent to hell, but insists on directing his own demise.

There is also a new character. She is Kikuri, a little girl who moves in with Ai. I am not sure of her full purpose, but she eventually does join Ai and the others in despensing vengance. In episode 13, it sort of suggests Kikuri has her own agenda.

So far, there is no continuous storyline. It was that way with season 1 as well. In some ways, season 2 may be a repeat of season 1. But it really does not feel that way as the tone for most of the episodes is much darker. We meet both victims and victimizers who are not quite right in the head.

I will give my final analysis when I complete the series. Meanwhile, no spoilers please!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I have completed watching the series. And if you are afraid this would just be a rehash of the first season, wait until you see the ending!

Aiís companions, Hone Onna, Wanyuudou and Ren Ichimoka, have much bigger roles in the second season. Plus, for you fans of these characters, we learn of their past and how they became associated with Hell Girl. And as far as Kikuri is concerned Ė there is just something evil about her.

We really donít get a continuous storyline until the last six episodes. We are re-introduced to Takuma, a kid from an earlier episode who was falsely accused of killing his mother and putting his father in a comma. He continues to be the target of false rumors, and when the town learns the secret of Hell Link. . . . Well, all hell breaks loose. Eventually Ai will have to set things right, but is she willing to pay the price herself?

If you liked season 1, you will love season 2. In about a week I am going to start watching the third season.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #3   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
I watched the first season like 4 years ago and liked it. This 2nd season was very good. Especially the ending. I hated Kikuri, she has to be one of the most annoying characters ever. I will watch the 3rd season later this year. I have to know what happens.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Did you see my review of Hell Girl: Three Mirrors? After the greatest WTF? moment in anime history in episode one, the show quickly goes downhill with some ridiculous storylines and bad writing. But don't stop watching. Exactly at the mid-way point, Hell Girl 3 becomes a lot more interesting. I actually thought the ending was better than for Hell Girl 2.

Did you see my "interview" with Ai Enma in the fan fiction section?