Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Wink Coyote Ragtime Show

In episode 1, Angelica Burns, a tough talking police inspector arrives on a prison planet tracking down an infamous criminal called Mister. Mister just happens to be imprisoned on this planet, and Angelica arrives just in time to see him escape. The rest of the series seems to be about Angelica and her half-wit assistant chasing down Mister – until you get to episode 2.

I have never seen a series shift focus within the first two episodes. Starting here we focus on Mister and his gang trying to track down a treasure stolen by a late friend known as The Pirate King. Joining are The Pirate King’s daughter and Mister’s ward Franca, who seems to be quite tough herself despite her young age. There is also an army of female robots trying to hunt them down. But the big question? Is Mister the hero or a villain? He is a Coyote – an outlaw living by their special code of honor. Except for the killer robots, he doesn't seem to kill anyone.

I watched the first four episodes of this series, which in the US can now be seen for free on Comcast’s Xfinity On-Demand. The first four episodes are available through August 10, with more to follow.

The animation is fair. The action is average. But the series does grab your attention by shifting focus so suddenly.

I will comment more if and when I finish the series. No Spoilers Please!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Xfinity carried episodes 1-11. I waited three weeks for them to air the final episode. It looks like they won't. So I watched it on Hulu.

Now that I have completed the series, let me say I recommend this one. The story is really pretty simple and nothing we have not seen before. Even the characters are a bit standard. But somehow the whole series works. The action sequences are pretty good and it does keep you on the edge of your chair. Basically, Coyote Ragtime Show tries to be nothing more than a fun show to watch -- and it is fun.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote