Old 31-01-2001, 07:05 AM   #1   [permalink]
I'm not a doll
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to I'm not a doll Send a message via AIM to I'm not a doll Send a message via MSN to I'm not a doll Send a message via Yahoo to I'm not a doll
I am in wonder as to who here is planing on buying the soon to be best game on the planet

I know for me it will be the first game I get on the game cube :B:

The Smashing Duo! - I'm not a doll and Torkm - Watch out or be Smashed!
I'm not a doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2001, 06:20 PM   #2   [permalink]
JetErNyY02
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to JetErNyY02
on gamecube? 4get it..i highly doubt im gettin a gamecube..but xbox..and ps3 in 2003
What do you know about tweetle beetles? well.. When tweetle beetles fight it's called a tweetle beetle battle. And when they battle in a puddle it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle. AND when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle. AND... When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle....they call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle. AND..... When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles....they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle.
JetErNyY02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 01:42 AM   #3   [permalink]
I'm not a doll
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to I'm not a doll Send a message via AIM to I'm not a doll Send a message via MSN to I'm not a doll Send a message via Yahoo to I'm not a doll
Quote:
Originally posted by JetErNyY02
on gamecube? 4get it..i highly doubt im gettin a gamecube..but xbox..and ps3 in 2003
lol well if ya going to get the PS3 why not wait for the PS4 in 2004

The Smashing Duo! - I'm not a doll and Torkm - Watch out or be Smashed!
I'm not a doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 05:01 PM   #4   [permalink]
Israfel
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Israfel Send a message via AIM to Israfel Send a message via Yahoo to Israfel
Quote:
Originally posted by I'm not a doll
Quote:
Originally posted by JetErNyY02
lol well if ya going to get the PS3 why not wait for the PS4 in 2004

good one!!! Maybe you should wait for the PS9 (if sony isn't broke by then)
Israfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 07:22 PM   #5   [permalink]
JetErNyY02
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to JetErNyY02
at 1st, i thought u were 4 real..then i read on..well, i mite as well just get all of them.
What do you know about tweetle beetles? well.. When tweetle beetles fight it's called a tweetle beetle battle. And when they battle in a puddle it's a tweetle beetle puddle battle. AND when tweetle beetles battle with paddles in a puddle, they call it a tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle. AND... When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle....they call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle. AND..... When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles....they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle bottle paddle battle.
JetErNyY02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2001, 01:59 AM   #6   [permalink]
Bass

If the PS3 comes out that soon, I'm going to be pretty bloody pissed off. Maybe you can connect them all together and make a Super Playstation. That's still barely as powerful as a Dreamcast.

And what new innovation's will the PS3 come with. Drink holder's maybe. Hot and Cold running water. Or maybe central locking?
Old 28-03-2001, 04:13 AM   #7   [permalink]
Instrumentality
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bass
And what new innovation's will the PS3 come with. Drink holder's maybe. Hot and Cold running water. Or maybe central locking?
Central locking...sweeeet.
Instrumentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 05:06 AM   #8   [permalink]
pdhq004
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to pdhq004 Send a message via AIM to pdhq004
Hopefully PD 2 (or After Dark, as it could be known) will even be a release game....prey tell, JetErNyY02, why wont you be getting a Game Cube? Is it because its the less hyped by the media, the machine portrayed by mainstream media "experts" as to be "least cool"?
pdhq004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:20 PM   #9   [permalink]
Instrumentality
Banned

Wooooooo! Check out the subtlety. Are you gonna take that Jet? j/k
Instrumentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 08:16 PM   #10   [permalink]
DarkPrimus
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to DarkPrimus
The biggest disadvantage the Gamecube will have compared to the PS2 is that it won't be able to play DVD's. 'Nuff said.

(But if Nintendo makes a GC game starring Luigi, color me there! )

Dying is so damn expensive, I don't think I can afford it.

Founder and Executive Council member of the Bebop Mafia. Alias: Crimson Tears.
DarkPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 11:52 PM   #11   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

Send a message via ICQ to Githon Send a message via AIM to Githon
Ehehe, Jet believed 004 had PD2 in the first place for quite awhile, I think that's appropriate ^_^;

I still remember the first time I saw the PS2 commercial with the PS9.
1. Note that, they didnt' say a damn thing about the games, or the console, just made up crap. Of course, now we know why
2. After seeing the Playstation, and Playstation 2, you'd have to be COMPLETELY INSANE to hook either up to your brain. Or even something like your small intestine. I'd use that to torture small animals, buahahaha.

However, I gotta agree with DarkPrimus on the DVD issue... of course, the PS2's disadvantage is that, it doesn't even do THAT well

What I hate, though, is just how much Nintendo lies to people about this stuff. You can be reading Nintendo power, they say all sorts of BS "Gamesharks will erase your save, your game, damage the console, and everyone will hate you" "Emulators (*Specifically* Emulators, they're not even at the point of roms for games you don't have) are illegal and they'll erase and damage your computer and everyone will hate you and you'll go to jail."
"The Gamecube will not play DVDs because <insert random BS about having to pay royalties, or some crap that's made up to say they don't want people to be able to make copies>"

It just pisses me off that I gotta deal with scratched disks, slower games (Hell, since they're MINI DVDs, they're even slower than regular ones because the data can't be as far from the center... that's why Dreamcast games usually have data on the outer edge, for speed", louder console, and I don't even get the full space?? AARG!!

Aaanyway, actually, I hope PD2 isn't a launch title... that wouldn't be much time for Rare to prepare it (Hell, even if they've been working on it, changes to the console cause biiig problems), and launch titles never, ever ever utilize any decent amount of the system's potential.

Look at GE, and compare it to PD (As everyone loves doing). GE wasn't even a launch title, and look at the huge advancement there (Even without the Expansion pak... and hell, who says Gamecube can't have an expansion pak of sorts?).
Githon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 07:12 PM   #12   [permalink]
DarkPrimus
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to DarkPrimus
Fun Nintendo Fact (and the thing I hate the most about them, besides the fact that the GC won't be backwards compatible):
Nintendo has just announced that the GC release in Japan will be delayed. Big suprise. Nintendo has YET to release ANY system, even the Virtual Boy, on time. You listening Nintendo? Get yer arse in gear, and don't pull a PS2 launch on us and only give us 500,000 #!$@ copies in the USA!

Dying is so damn expensive, I don't think I can afford it.

Founder and Executive Council member of the Bebop Mafia. Alias: Crimson Tears.
DarkPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 12:45 AM   #13   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

Why the hell would the gamecube be backwards compatable? You can try cramming an N64 cart into the mini-dvd drive if ya want though

As for the release date, well, you KNOW they always do it, all you do is add at least 2 months to any date they give.

Or just ignore the release date and wait until you see it in a store
Old 06-05-2001, 08:31 AM   #14   [permalink]
pdhq004
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to pdhq004 Send a message via AIM to pdhq004
Who cares if it doesnt play dvds? its a gaming machine, as nintendo keep telling everyone. even if it did play dvds it prob be crappy liek the ps2. anyone whos been reading hyper of late will have heard of all the problems ppl have been having with it. and it'll be cheaper. And also, it still holds what, at leat a gig of info? thats enough. I doubt many games will use a whole 3 gig r whatever the ps offers. if they need more they can just release games on 2 disks, it wont effect price much cause theyre so cheap to manufacture.

Sucks about delays though. I remember the original release date for "dolphin" was late 2000 or so. And Nintendo had some new policy of rigidly sticking to release dates or something. hmmmmm.
pdhq004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 12:14 AM   #15   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

Ooooh yes, multi-disk completely skipped my mind. Still, it's a pain in the ass, especially for rentals (I once had to take Metal Gear solid back because the 2nd disk was COMPLETELY destroyed... heh, at least it was there for once )

Yesyesyes Gaming machine, but a lot of people I know could get PS2 just so they'd have a DVD player, IE Mom & Dad got it for 'em

Of course, wouldn't mini-disks cost more to manufacture than the standard size ones because they're the special format?

And think of the cases Rofl.

Gamecube is pretty lame name compared to Dolphin. At least they didn't go with Star Cube, eeew.
If it's fast, quiet, and the disks are tough as hell, I'll be happy.

Oh ya, and the games should not suck, too